Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kevin bacon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf - notice to low post count on all the defenders

yup
3/30/13 11:41 AM
Curtis_E_Bare
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Back to the shill strawman?

Instead of trotting out this pony every time someone takes a counter position, why don't you provide a counter point to one of my positions. Assuming you're implying I am a shill.
3/30/13 11:45 AM
epwar
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/30/13 11:45 AM

LOL @ Diaz's lawyer taking him to the cleaners...again!   Will Diaz ever catch on that this guy creates little (and unwinnable) legal scenarios only to pad his own pockets?

3/30/13 11:49 AM
Curtis_E_Bare
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacobmccrmck - 
Curtis_E_Bare -

Instead of trotting out this pony every time someone takes a counter position, why don't you provide a counter point to one of my positions. Assuming you're implying I am a shill.
It is odd almost 1/5 of all your post have been in this single thread Phone Post 3.0

You guys are persistent on the shill strawman. Are you out of original things to say on the original topic? Do you concede then?

3/30/13 11:50 AM
ruggets4nuggets

Look, I'm a big Diaz fan and realize that he got beat and obviously doesn't deserve a rematch but god damn is there some shady shit going on. I wanna know what the hell happened cause it sure seems like GSP was gettin some preferential treatment. Just because it didn't matter that night doesn't mean it won't in the future if someone doesn't do anything. Anti-bullshit superhero to the rescue lol.
3/30/13 11:53 AM
rockafella

The difference in regards to the boxing bout and the UFC one is more then likely the contracts. Boxing contracts are notoriously stipulation heavy. There is more then likely a wording stating they may weigh no more then ??? lbs. The UFC's contract is probably not worded the same so it would be up to the commission.

A while back there was a card that required the fighters to weigh in the day of the event to ensure they did not gain over a certain percentage of their body weight. That had nothing to do with the UFC and neither does this.
3/30/13 11:58 AM
chrisbaker

Curtis_E_Bare -

Why dont you post from your original account than? Phone Post
3/30/13 12:00 PM
Curtis_E_Bare

chrisbaker - 
Curtis_E_Bare -

Why dont you post from your original account than? Phone Post

This is my one and only account. At the risk of indulging you in your strawman, why do you think I have another account?
3/30/13 12:36 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Curtis_E_Bare - 
Jacobmccrmck - 
Curtis_E_Bare -

It is odd almost 1/5 of all your post have been in this single thread Phone Post 3.0

You guys are persistent on the shill strawman. Are you out of original things to say on the original topic? Do you concede then?

Why are you avoiding the obvious point about your 2009 account you apparently NEVER post with all of a sudden posting 25+ times in this one thread?

Hmmmmm. You've had this "one and only" account for almost 4 years now, yet you used to post 22 times a YEAR. Now you've posted more than 22 times in one DAY. Hmmmmmm

3/30/13 12:38 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 03/30/13 12:38 PM
MMA Lives Here -  Get the fuck over it. Get a life and start posting about something other than Diaz getting a rematch after a fight that wasn't even competitive. Sick of this pathetic shit Phone Post

Who the fuck is asking for a rematch in this thread genius?

How hard is it to grasp that people have an issue with the shady/suspect commission and the UFC trying to cover things up, not with who won the fucking fight, nor a rematch???

Oh and you're so "sick of this pathetic shit" that you keep clicking on the thread and posting again???

3/30/13 12:43 PM
Masakyst
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How does this possibly end well for Diaz?

He certainly won't be getting a rematch, and being awarded a portion of GSP's fight purse is very unlikely.

Nick's attorney is playing him like a riddle, all the way to the bank.
3/30/13 12:50 PM
Curtis_E_Bare

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Curtis_E_Bare - 
Jacobmccrmck - 
Curtis_E_Bare -

Why are you avoiding the obvious point about your 2009 account you apparently NEVER post with all of a sudden posting 25+ times in this one thread?

Hmmmmm. You've had this "one and only" account for almost 4 years now, yet you used to post 22 times a YEAR. Now you've posted more than 22 times in one DAY. Hmmmmmm

If you are so concerned about my account and which threads I choose to participate in and my join date, why don't you make a thread with that topic? Might I suggest the OG? That topic is not mma related. As is stands, this thread titled "Diaz attorney releases private text messages" isn't about that. Just please let me know when you do, I don't often frequent the OG.

To address these baseless accusations here would be participating in your attempt to derail this topic. As it stands now it has been shown that, with respect to UFC 158, absolutely no rules were broken by the Quebec AC. The best argument the conspiracy theorists have going for them is an UFC executive was mean.

I can see why you guys are so desperately trying to change the subject and attack my character.
3/30/13 12:54 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

^^^^Lmao at using the "don't derail this thread" response. You're cute.

3/30/13 12:56 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Curtis_E_Bare - 
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
Curtis_E_Bare - 
deadlyonetwo3 - Some of the responses on this thread are sickening.

If he weighed in at 170.9, he should have to lose the weight or forfeit the title. You don't round down to 170. This is common sense to anyone that understands the fight game at all... Shit even wrestling. Again, this to me is a common sense issue!

Pro-commission arguers etc come across as completely unintelligent and ignorant to what to most will be a clearcut issue.

The responses from the exec are unacceptable. Point blank, period. Phone Post 3.0

What are your thoughts on Nevada also rounding down? Is it OK for a title fighter to have his weight rounded down to 170 despite being 170.4?

if thats the rule...fine...but the problem is that the ACs are applying these off the record rules inconsistantly...thats why its important and necessary that they have one written rule and stick with it...

I agree that it would be nice if the level of precision and the rounding rules were included in the official rules. Both Quebec and Nevada have used different rounding in recent history - an example was provided where Nevada went to the quarter pound.

It's fine, and encouraged, to dislike rules - but it's not OK to cry foul when rules are followed but one just happens to not like them.

dropping a decimal isnt following a rule tho....its neither in the statute nor is it even applied consistently..its a practice, and not even a regular one..

also they did not follow their actual rule when they said they would allow more time to make weight

3/30/13 1:02 PM
Curtis_E_Bare

Curtis_E_Bare - 
Curtis_E_Bare - 

If he weighed in at 170.9, he should have to lose the weight or forfeit the title. You don't round down to 170. This is common sense to anyone that understands the fight game at all... Shit even wrestling. Again, this to me is a common sense issue!

Pro-commission arguers etc come across as completely unintelligent and ignorant to what to most will be a clearcut issue.

The responses from the exec are unacceptable. Point blank, period. Phone Post 3.0

What are your thoughts on Nevada also rounding down? Is it OK for a title fighter to have his weight rounded down to 170 despite being 170.4?

if thats the rule...fine...but the problem is that the ACs are applying these off the record rules inconsistantly...thats why its important and necessary that they have one written rule and stick with it...

I agree that it would be nice if the level of precision and the rounding rules were included in the official rules. Both Quebec and Nevada have used different rounding in recent history - an example was provided where Nevada went to the quarter pound.

It's fine, and encouraged, to dislike rules - but it's not OK to cry foul when rules are followed but one just happens to not like them.

dropping a decimal isnt following a rule tho....its neither in the statute nor is it even applied consistently..its a practice, and not even a regular one..

also they did not follow their actual rule when they said they would allow more time to make weight

Nobody at UFC 158 was given extra time to make weight. So that rule was not broken either.

The only source you have saying that they would allow more time is the video of Mersch, whom you and others have labelled a liar and untrustworthy. If he is a liar and untrustworthy how can we know his claim of extra time was true?

Either he is untrustworthy or he is not. You can't claim he's a liar and full of shit to validate one argument and then turn around and claim that he's legit and what he says is true as it suits your needs. Which is it, should we trust Mersch or shouldn't we? I'll let you decide.
3/30/13 1:43 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Curtis_E_Bare - 
Curtis_E_Bare - 
Curtis_E_Bare - 

Nobody at UFC 158 was given extra time to make weight. So that rule was not broken either.

The only source you have saying that they would allow more time is the video of Mersch, whom you and others have labelled a liar and untrustworthy. If he is a liar and untrustworthy how can we know his claim of extra time was true?

Either he is untrustworthy or he is not. You can't claim he's a liar and full of shit to validate one argument and then turn around and claim that he's legit and what he says is true as it suits your needs. Which is it, should we trust Mersch or shouldn't we? I'll let you decide.

technically the rule wasn't broken, but lets be real for a moment shall we? they obviously were going to allow gsp or nick to break the rule...and they have broken the rule in the past...whether or not it was broken this time isn't that important...they shouldn't ever be ok with breaking their own rule like this...its wrong and needs to be fixed...why is it so hard to admit this? it just proves you are being stubborn and not rational...you can still maintain your position that rounding down is ok, but you have to concede to some logic or all your shilling goes in one ear and out the other

and its very simple...on an "off-the-record" meeting, when he didnt know he was being video taped, he was probably not lying...what incentive would he have to lie in that situation? none...

but texts from an attorney? he has a HUGE incentive to lie...both because its a written record and because he knows he fucked up and did something wrong

3/30/13 1:55 PM
caposa
1665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/30/13 1:56 PM
The Gumball Kid - 

MMATappers.CA Reporting:

"I like...get caught over a nanogram and I lose my money you know...MY JOB, my ability to work and shit for an entire fucking year...
all over a nanogram you know...and here this guy is...coverboy of the UFC and shit...hometown hero...

Here he is weighing .9 over and you got campaigns to cover it up and shit...

and now everyone sees the game fucking Dana wants me to play right?
I'm just tired you know...if they fuck me with the rules about the nano shouldn't I be sitting up somewhere relaxing with a percentage of Georges' money?
but I'm not am I? I'm fucking here you know...riding bikes and shit...he's all getting perfect haircuts in Canada and here I am all shaggy and shit...
I just want my money
."

source for this?

MMATappers.ca doesn't exist

3/30/13 2:00 PM
Hired Gun
484 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zuffa is turning MMA into just as much a circus that Boxing is. Phone Post
3/30/13 2:16 PM
HexRei

The Gumball Kid - 
caposa - 
The Gumball Kid - 

MMATappers.CA Reporting:

"I like...get caught over a nanogram and I lose my money you know...MY JOB, my ability to work and shit for an entire fucking year...
all over a nanogram you know...and here this guy is...coverboy of the UFC and shit...hometown hero...

Here he is weighing .9 over and you got campaigns to cover it up and shit...

and now everyone sees the game fucking Dana wants me to play right?
I'm just tired you know...if they fuck me with the rules about the nano shouldn't I be sitting up somewhere relaxing with a percentage of Georges' money?
but I'm not am I? I'm fucking here you know...riding bikes and shit...he's all getting perfect haircuts in Canada and here I am all shaggy and shit...
I just want my money
."

source for this?

MMATappers.ca doesn't exist

Server may have crashed

erm.... no.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=mmatappers.ca

Domain name: MMATAPPERS.CA
Domain status: available

% WHOIS look-up made at 2013-03-30 18:14:57 (GMT)
%
% Use of CIRA's WHOIS service is governed by the Terms of Use in its Legal
% Notice, available at http://www.cira.ca/legal-notice/?lang=en
3/30/13 2:45 PM
Curtis_E_Bare

The Gumball Kid - 

Just copied & pasted off a twitter link iono, but I think he has a fair point. Pay that man some money

Link to the tweet?

Twitter has a character limit of 140, much to short for the amount of text you listed and said website is nonexistent.
3/30/13 6:30 PM
Emphatik
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slowdiver - This ain't even about Nick anymore assholes. If you don't support cleaning up corruption when it's spotlighted like this then it will just snowball into making MMA as slimy as boxing is. Or is it too late already?

Nick won't "win" anything from this. But think long term here and understand how much we all stand to lose if we don't unite against these lying weasels. It's on fucking tape! LIARS. Go ahead and keep on hating Nick until this shit happens to your favorite fighter. It will infect every corner of MMA. Commissions, judges, matchmakers, etc...

voted up for truth.
3/30/13 7:01 PM
orcus

Edited: 03/30/13 7:01 PM

"they shouldn't ever be ok with breaking their own rule like this."

lol...so when a tenant misses his rent and the landlord doesn't penalize him as the signed lease says, but gives him more time to pay it, you get all worked up and outraged? When someone misses a credit card payment and they get hit with a late fee as per the signed agreement, and they call and the CC removes it, do you grind your teeth and mutter "those fucking shady assholes"?

Just lmao @ pretending to be outraged at an act of leniency that wasn't even exercised. Rules are rules, rules are rules! 

3/30/13 7:07 PM
HexRei

orcus - 

"they shouldn't ever be ok with breaking their own rule like this."

lol...so when a tenant misses his rent and the landlord doesn't penalize him as the signed lease says, but gives him more time to pay it, you get all worked up and outraged? When someone misses a credit card payment and they get hit with a late fee as per the signed agreement, and they call and the CC removes it, do you grind your teeth and mutter "those fucking shady assholes"?

Just lmao @ pretending to be outraged at an act of leniency that wasn't even exercised. Rules are rules, rules are rules! 

So now fighting another man in a dangerous physical competition is like... paying rent? Cmon dude, those examples suck
3/30/13 7:07 PM
Brabatross

I hope Diaz retires so we don't have to deal with any of his shit anymore.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.