UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Diaz attorney releases private text messages

3/30/13 2:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Gumball Kid
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just copied & pasted off a twitter link iono, but I think he has a fair point. Pay that man some money

3/30/13 2:45 PM
Curtis_E_Bare
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Gumball Kid - 

Just copied & pasted off a twitter link iono, but I think he has a fair point. Pay that man some money

Link to the tweet?

Twitter has a character limit of 140, much to short for the amount of text you listed and said website is nonexistent.
3/30/13 5:25 PM
The Gumball Kid

Curtis_E_Bare - 
The Gumball Kid - 

Link to the tweet?

Twitter has a character limit of 140, much to short for the amount of text you listed and said website is nonexistent.

Well duh. The tweet was a link to the blog that had that. I'd be happy to dig it up for you had you not come at me in such a condescending way =P

3/30/13 5:30 PM
The Gumball Kid

Maybe

3/30/13 6:30 PM
Emphatik
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slowdiver - This ain't even about Nick anymore assholes. If you don't support cleaning up corruption when it's spotlighted like this then it will just snowball into making MMA as slimy as boxing is. Or is it too late already?

Nick won't "win" anything from this. But think long term here and understand how much we all stand to lose if we don't unite against these lying weasels. It's on fucking tape! LIARS. Go ahead and keep on hating Nick until this shit happens to your favorite fighter. It will infect every corner of MMA. Commissions, judges, matchmakers, etc...

voted up for truth.
3/30/13 7:01 PM
orcus

Edited: 03/30/13 7:01 PM

"they shouldn't ever be ok with breaking their own rule like this."

lol...so when a tenant misses his rent and the landlord doesn't penalize him as the signed lease says, but gives him more time to pay it, you get all worked up and outraged? When someone misses a credit card payment and they get hit with a late fee as per the signed agreement, and they call and the CC removes it, do you grind your teeth and mutter "those fucking shady assholes"?

Just lmao @ pretending to be outraged at an act of leniency that wasn't even exercised. Rules are rules, rules are rules! 

3/30/13 7:07 PM
HexRei

orcus - 

lol...so when a tenant misses his rent and the landlord doesn't penalize him as the signed lease says, but gives him more time to pay it, you get all worked up and outraged? When someone misses a credit card payment and they get hit with a late fee as per the signed agreement, and they call and the CC removes it, do you grind your teeth and mutter "those fucking shady assholes"?

Just lmao @ pretending to be outraged at an act of leniency that wasn't even exercised. Rules are rules, rules are rules! 

So now fighting another man in a dangerous physical competition is like... paying rent? Cmon dude, those examples suck
3/30/13 7:07 PM
Brabatross

I hope Diaz retires so we don't have to deal with any of his shit anymore.
3/30/13 7:21 PM
Mr Spliff

The Gsp nuthuggers are almost as bad as Diaz nuthuggers. Phone Post
3/30/13 7:49 PM
orcus

Edited: 03/30/13 7:51 PM
HexRei - 
orcus - 

So now fighting another man in a dangerous physical competition is like... paying rent? Cmon dude, those examples suck

Are you saying if both competitors in a contest are granted leniency, if they need it, to have a second attempt at making weight, it becomes more dangerous or something?

Why would anyone at all, other than a fighter hoping to squeeze some money out of his opponent on a technicality outside the ring, have a problem with a fighter who missed weight getting an hour to retry? What possible complaint could there be? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure no fighter in the world wants to ever make a second weight cut and would greatly prefer to get it right the first time.

I can't be the only one who is 100% confident that if GSP had missed weight, DIaz and his camp and his fans would find some way to bitch and moan about GSP doing that on purpose so he wouldn't risk losing his belt. In fact Nick would probably say it messed with his head so much that he couldn't find any  motivation to fight without the belt on the line, and that's why he lost. So give me another million for a title rematch homie.

" I wonder why 170.5 wouldn't just be rounded UP to 171 an 170.4 rounded DOWN to 170."

For the same reason the NSAC doesn't round 170.8 up to 171, but instead only down to 170.5.

3/30/13 8:01 PM
HexRei

Your examples were two-party situations. A payer and a biller. Of course a biller has a motivation to give allowances to their payer because they want the money down the line rather than be defaulted on, lose a customer, and quite possibly never be paid (and in the cases you mentioned, our customer/tenant will usually be penalized in some way rather than high-fives).

This is a fight between two men, and Nick didn't get a say because some third party made the decision and informed him later, ergo our video. That's the difference between your examples, which is what I was talking about.

I think its semantic just like you guys, Nick would have lost either way. But I'm not going to swallow bullshit just because i like the taste of the beef.
3/30/13 8:24 PM
CindyO

The Gumball Kid - 

MMATappers.CA Reporting:

"I like...get caught over a nanogram and I lose my money you know...MY JOB, my ability to work and shit for an entire fucking year...
all over a nanogram you know...and here this guy is...coverboy of the UFC and shit...hometown hero...

Here he is weighing .9 over and you got campaigns to cover it up and shit...

and now everyone sees the game fucking Dana wants me to play right?
I'm just tired you know...if they fuck me with the rules about the nano shouldn't I be sitting up somewhere relaxing with a percentage of Georges' money?
but I'm not am I? I'm fucking here you know...riding bikes and shit...he's all getting perfect haircuts in Canada and here I am all shaggy and shit...
I just want my money
."

Bullshit:)

Congratulations!
MMATAPPERS.CA
is available. Snap it up before someone else does. Just $12.99/yr

Cindy
3/30/13 8:25 PM
CindyO

The Gumball Kid - 

Maybe

Hahaha!!!

Cindy

3/30/13 11:36 PM
Tombmatter

Some questions any MMA journalist should get answers to with max two phone calls (AC and UFC);

-Who decides whether rounding will be used in particular instance or not?

-When is the decision made?

-And why is it made?

3/31/13 12:09 AM
pmccor73
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very simple...what happened is simply illegal. That guy didn't know he was being recorded, otherwise he would not have said it because this sort of stuff is...fucking illegal.
3/31/13 12:16 AM
PhallicObjekt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imagine that shadiness in the fight business get the fuck out of here.... this is unheard of.

I can not imagine that Montreal the home of some of Canada's largest organized crime family's would have any corruption involved in something as squeaky clean as the fight business. That combined with the fertitta family history makes me believe everything is on the up n up, nothing to see here folks Phone Post
3/31/13 12:32 AM
seriouslyilldothat

Its crazy how many excuses that camp has...
3/31/13 12:42 AM
Flexo
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soremano -

gsp should be stripped of the title and belt given to diaz, then rematch

too many illegal shenanigans

first with commission won't let jake shields inspect gsp wraps, then gsp is allowed to take drug test apart from everybody else, now this

where there is smoke there is fire

Separate drug tests? Phone Post 3.0
3/31/13 12:47 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP will never miss weight just like certain guys will never test positive for anything.

Because it would hurt business.

You can guarantee at the very top of fighters who draw money that a safety net exists to protect the various interests.

The UFC can afford to have Matt Riddle pop dirty again and cut him just like they could afford to have Damarques Johnson miss weight.

GSP, Jones, Sonnen, Rousey, Cain and Silva could all smoke a bowl, come in a little heavy and possibly ingest something and it would disappear faster than DB Cooper out of a plane.

We'd all do it the same if faced with such.

It's not like the UFC works the fights.

It's just that other things get worked that we aren't privy too like the mystery locker room bonuses that are never disclosed.

I'm just glad we got a title fight between GSP-Diaz no matter who was heavy.

I wish the fight was better but thankfully a title fight was delivered and that's the main thing. Phone Post
3/31/13 12:58 AM
Brandon McGaha

I could give 2 shuts about Diaz but this MM guy seems like a cunt. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/13 12:58 AM
Brandon McGaha

Shits even Phone Post 3.0
3/31/13 12:59 AM
rudj
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rematch GSP vs Diaz II in Cali. 

Why can't GSP fight outside of Canada? WTF

seems a lil shady at best

3/31/13 1:41 AM
KempoKata

IN FOR JOE ROGAN CORROBORATION! SOMEONE TWEET THIS MAN! HE HAS THE VANTAGE POINT AND OFTEN LOOKS AT THE SCALE.
3/31/13 1:44 AM
HexRei

KempoKata - IN FOR JOE ROGAN CORROBORATION! SOMEONE TWEET THIS MAN! HE HAS THE VANTAGE POINT AND OFTEN LOOKS AT THE SCALE.

Remember when he was praising Tyson Griffin's glutes? Squats baby? It's cause he's at about that same level.... unique perspective.
3/31/13 6:23 AM
Macedawgg
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mersch is a licensed attorney?

Epstein's memory has appeared equally selective at times.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.