UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ronda taps TUF beast...twice

3/29/13 5:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

'Ultimate Fighter' star: Rousey 'kicked my ass' in grappling

Uriah Hall thought it was great that Ronda Rousey visited the "Ultimate Fighter" cast members during their filming over the winter. He thought it was even better that they didn’t show his grappling sessions with the UFC women’s bantamweight champion.

Hall, who fights at 185 pounds – 50 more than Rousey, underestimated the former judo Olympic medalist intitially. He found that to be a terrible mistake.

"I said to myself, ‘I can get out of this,’" Hall told The Post. "Then she caught me and I was like, ‘Oh my God, this [expletive] is real.’"

Hall, a Queens resident, said Rousey got him in two armbars while grappling – and he couldn’t get out. He compared it to rolling with an anaconda or a cat. Rousey is 7-0 as a professional with every win coming via first-round armbar.

"You can’t grab her and if you do grab her, you’re [expletive]," Hall said with a laugh.

Hall’s quarterfinal matchup against Bubba McDaniel airs on "The Ultimate Fighter" on Tuesday night (FX, 9 p.m.). The Muay Thai fighter is the favorite to win the entire show. His head kick stoppage of Adam Cella on the second episode is regarded as the best knockout in "TUF" history.

Hall’s star has risen since being on the show and there’s little doubt he’ll find a place on the UFC roster whether or not he wins the tournament. He has been to the gym of his "Ultimate Fighter" coach Chael Sonnen in Oregon to train and also out to California to work with Rousey.

That humbling experience on the show has led to a friendship with the women's champion. Hall still doesn’t want that grappling footage getting out there, though.

"Thank God they didn’t show that, because she totally kicked my ass," Hall said, laughing.

mraimondi@nypost.com

3/29/13 6:55 PM
Shoguns Shorts
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hall probably went easy with her because he didn't want to kill her Phone Post
3/29/13 6:56 PM
NomoRomophobia
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't grab Honda. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 6:57 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Shoguns Shorts -  Hall probably went easy with her because he didn't want to kill her Phone Post

he probably did what most dudes do with girls..they roll light and let the girl get positions and then increase the intensity when they actually are in a catch...except by then, when you are rolling with ronda, its too late....

3/29/13 6:57 PM
DiaztakesGSP'ssmokedmeat
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't imagine it being easy to defend the armbar while trying to hide an erection.
3/29/13 6:58 PM
2Fort
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda is a fucking badass, period.
3/29/13 7:16 PM
UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiaztakesGSP'ssmokedmeat - I can't imagine it being easy to defend the armbar while trying to hide an erection.
Ya Phone Post
3/29/13 7:17 PM
EvilMaster

DiaztakesGSP'ssmokedmeat - I can't imagine it being easy to defend the armbar while trying to hide an erection.

Indeed.
3/29/13 7:32 PM
Achilles is the GOAT
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiaztakesGSP'ssmokedmeat - I can't imagine it being easy to defend the armbar while trying to hide an erection.
I'm sure id find a good place to hide it! Phone Post
3/29/13 7:36 PM
Slapsymaxi
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda super talented and could tap lots of dudes.

That being said, everyone agrees Uriah would Adam Cella her if somehow they were in a fight, right?

Max Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 11:36 PM
hogh20

DiaztakesGSP'ssmokedmeat - I can't imagine it being easy to defend the armbar while trying to hide an erection.

VTFU for one of the greatest comments ever!
3/29/13 11:36 PM
DonFrye_Fan

Let the fanboys roar. Phone Post
3/30/13 1:03 AM
stonepony

Cyborg muscled an Americana and a chock on Gina, and gave them both up because she didn't know how to finish them. You can see her get confused and let the Americana go.

She would try to muscle her standard sloppy take-down on Ronda, get flung, and get tapped.
3/30/13 4:55 AM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda used to beat male Black Belts in Judo Competition, I'm not surprised in the slightest that she owned Hall on the ground.

The fact that she is a woman is irrelevant when you get to a certain point when your technique is pretty much perfect. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 5:17 AM
shrekk

"And when she was kicking my ass, it reminded me on how on my childhood, i was bullied, because i was from Jamaica and why i took on martial arts,because martial arts changed my life, all because i was bullied 20 years ago" - Uriah Hall
3/30/13 5:18 AM
Dazednconfused
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Many people here fail to realise just how good Honda is. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 5:19 AM
Phisher

stonepony - Cyborg muscled an Americana and a chock on Gina, and gave them both up because she didn't know how to finish them. You can see her get confused and let the Americana go.

She would try to muscle her standard sloppy take-down on Ronda, get flung, and get tapped.

Cyborg also gave up a full mount to Carano twice on failed takedowns. I really don't know why people think that it's a given that she would annihilate Rousey.

3/30/13 8:16 AM
TARRat
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher - 
stonepony - Cyborg muscled an Americana and a chock on Gina, and gave them both up because she didn't know how to finish them. You can see her get confused and let the Americana go.

Cyborg also gave up a full mount to Carano twice on failed takedowns. I really don't know why people think that it's a given that she would annihilate Rousey.

Because bros before hos.
3/30/13 8:25 AM
John M
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TARRat - 
Phisher - 

Because bros before hos.

LOL
3/30/13 8:26 AM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TARRat -
Phisher - 

Because bros before hos.
Hahaha! Voted up. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 8:56 AM
DNAsmoothie
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Achilles is the GOAT -
I'm sure id find a good place to hide it! Phone Post
Haha nice!!! Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 10:10 AM
Authority Figure

and checkmate

3/30/13 10:32 AM
FOX Force Five
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
Shoguns Shorts -  Hall probably went easy with her because he didn't want to kill her Phone Post

he probably did what most dudes do with girls..they roll light and let the girl get positions and then increase the intensity when they actually are in a catch...except by then, when you are rolling with ronda, its too late....

I fell foul of this approach a while back. Young girl visiting our Judo club for some extra practice.

Shame on me for not recognising her - Ranked no 1 in UK and no 3 in the world! I allowed her to get a dominant position and couldn't get myself out of it.

I picked up a magazine a week later and she's got the complete back cover in a Shuurai kit advert!

I shall now complete my humiliation - she's 16 years old! :(
3/30/13 10:48 AM
56sav

Police officers, including female, regularly use joint manipulations to subdue men much larger than Hall. Not much to it if somebody gives you the position...setting it up is the hard part.
3/30/13 12:52 PM
Kid_dynamite319

In other news Uriahs ground game is garbage! ;p

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.