UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sherdoggers look down their noses at the UG now

3/30/13 5:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
newjack900
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck Sherdog tho
3/30/13 6:05 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - 
Pancake Syrup - When i visit the Sherdog forums i get headaches from all the retarded threads there are. I'm happy with my choice of the UG
Is there a way to ignore you from the app? God damn you literally never post anything good Phone Post

Ironic
3/30/13 6:15 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

icedog11 - I fail to see how a rational business decision makes Kirik a rape enabler. many of you have no idea the cost of defending a law suit. It does not matter if you win or lose it will cost you dearly.A respected lawyer and forum member has said this was really Kirik's only choice and as a lawyer is what he would recommend. That's the end for me these thread are little more than wining.

It's not like the guys from Bullshido pointed out that these never go any further than C&D letters.  Or Sherdog hasn't had to take down their threads, right?

And if there's one person who knows how emotionally taxing and financially expensive it can be to defend a frivolous, baseless lawsuit, it's Kirik Jenness.  We're talking about a guy who's actually used frivolous, baseless lawsuits to harrass other business owners.  Business owners who were in competition with his buddies.  Kirik always does the right thing and stands up for his friends.  Even if they're self-admitted rapists who foster a culture of sexual manipulation and violence towards women.  Kirik is a good guy.

link

"On April 25th, 2003, MMA, LLC (Kirik Jenness and Gabe Smallman, owners of www.MMA.tv) commenced legal action with the FEDERAL COURTS System in Boston, Massachusetts against Brian Cimins and The Grapplers Company, Inc. for a supposed "misappropriation of proprietary information."  

MMA.tv posted their original court complaint against Brian Cimins and The Grapplers Company, Inc. on www.MMA.tv calling Mr. Cimins a "hacker" and tons of other unsightly names throughout their original complaint with the court.  MMA.tv sent several emails to their database mentioning the impending lawsuit against Mr. Cimins requesting supposed "recipients of unsolicited email messages" to come forward over the past two years.  The only supposed "recipients of unsolicited emails" to come forward were two employees of GetFused.com, the web development firm, co-owned by MMA.tv's co-owner, Gabe Smallman.  Interesting coincidence... 

After two years of wasted time, harassment and nearly $25,000 in legal fees, "THIS CASE HAS BEEN DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE AGAINST MMA, LLC!!!" 

Here are some great quotes from the official 

"MMA, LLC's inexcusable conduct and intentional abuse of the discovery process"

"The behavior of the plaintiff's counsel (MMA) was inconsiderate and unfair in taxing unnecessary costs to the defendant.  It is all the more inexplicable in that it was the plaintiff (MMA) who chose to bring suit against Mr. Cimins and his firm."  

While the court is accustomed to delaying tactics on the part of the defendant striving to avoid their day in court, plaintiffs, for the most part are eager to hasten the vindication of their claims.  From MMA, LLC's (www.MMA.tv) dilatory (definition: causing delay) prosecution of its own case, the court draws the inference that the suit was INSTIGATED AND MAINTAINED PRIMARILY FOR THE REASONS OF HARASSMENT."

"That, and the plaintiff's failure to comply in good faith with the court's order are sufficient reasons to grant the relief requested.

ORDER: For the foregoing reasons, The Grapplers Company, Inc.'s motion to dismiss is ALLOWED with prejudice against MMA, LLC.  

3/30/13 6:26 PM
Seraldo Babalu
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whole lotta stones being turned over in this thread all because of some shertard. I hope he's proud of himself.
3/30/13 6:29 PM
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj - fuck the lawsuits man the fuck up for the GREATER GOOD

USA is sad as fuck how everyone sues each other.

But Kirik's Russian I thought
3/30/13 6:52 PM
SOO72

Just wasting time posting in a soon to be deleted thread.
3/30/13 7:16 PM
HexRei

BernardHopkins - ^TRUTH lol

GTFO TROLL
3/30/13 8:13 PM
Stache
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fillthy - 
icedog11 - I fail to see how a rational business decision makes Kirik a rape enabler. many of you have no idea the cost of defending a law suit. It does not matter if you win or lose it will cost you dearly.A respected lawyer and forum member has said this was really Kirik's only choice and as a lawyer is what he would recommend. That's the end for me these thread are little more than wining.

It's not like the guys from Bullshido pointed out that these never go any further than C&D letters.  Or Sherdog hasn't had to take down their threads, right?

And if there's one person who knows how emotionally taxing and financially expensive it can be to defend a frivolous, baseless lawsuit, it's Kirik Jenness.  We're talking about a guy who's actually used frivolous, baseless lawsuits to harrass other business owners.  Business owners who were in competition with his buddies.  Kirik always does the right thing and stands up for his friends.  Even if they're self-admitted rapists who foster a culture of sexual manipulation and violence towards women.  Kirik is a good guy.

link

"On April 25th, 2003, MMA, LLC (Kirik Jenness and Gabe Smallman, owners of www.MMA.tv) commenced legal action with the FEDERAL COURTS System in Boston, Massachusetts against Brian Cimins and The Grapplers Company, Inc. for a supposed "misappropriation of proprietary information."  

MMA.tv posted their original court complaint against Brian Cimins and The Grapplers Company, Inc. on www.MMA.tv calling Mr. Cimins a "hacker" and tons of other unsightly names throughout their original complaint with the court.  MMA.tv sent several emails to their database mentioning the impending lawsuit against Mr. Cimins requesting supposed "recipients of unsolicited email messages" to come forward over the past two years.  The only supposed "recipients of unsolicited emails" to come forward were two employees of GetFused.com, the web development firm, co-owned by MMA.tv's co-owner, Gabe Smallman.  Interesting coincidence... 

After two years of wasted time, harassment and nearly $25,000 in legal fees, "THIS CASE HAS BEEN DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE AGAINST MMA, LLC!!!" 

Here are some great quotes from the official 

"MMA, LLC's inexcusable conduct and intentional abuse of the discovery process"

"The behavior of the plaintiff's counsel (MMA) was inconsiderate and unfair in taxing unnecessary costs to the defendant.  It is all the more inexplicable in that it was the plaintiff (MMA) who chose to bring suit against Mr. Cimins and his firm."  

While the court is accustomed to delaying tactics on the part of the defendant striving to avoid their day in court, plaintiffs, for the most part are eager to hasten the vindication of their claims.  From MMA, LLC's (www.MMA.tv) dilatory (definition: causing delay) prosecution of its own case, the court draws the inference that the suit was INSTIGATED AND MAINTAINED PRIMARILY FOR THE REASONS OF HARASSMENT."

"That, and the plaintiff's failure to comply in good faith with the court's order are sufficient reasons to grant the relief requested.

ORDER: For the foregoing reasons, The Grapplers Company, Inc.'s motion to dismiss is ALLOWED with prejudice against MMA, LLC.  

Yeah man. It's one thing for Kirik to help his buddy Kipp promote NAGA, but it's entirely another to try to smash Cimins and Grapplers Quest in court. That goes way beyond loyalty to friends.
3/30/13 9:02 PM
SQUEEZIE

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  Kirik did handle the whole thing horribly, I can't deny that. But the UG as a whole, had absolutely nothing to do with it. Phone Post

i dont know kirik or what he did or didnt do. nor do i defend any rapist. i like reading and talking mma and a few other subjects with a few dif people...i didnt know about any defending rape scandals or any shit like that. and dont condone any shit like that.

fuck anyone who does on any forum any where.
3/30/13 9:22 PM
Unseen
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BernardHopkins - Why do any of you care what Kirik does or does not do with his site?

I come here to talk mma, read news, talk a little b.s. on the OG etc...

no matter what kirik or lloyd irivin do, nothing will change what i do when i come here.

you know whats really annoying? getting banned for some bullshit,having posts deleted, getting frozen for votes down etc...

fuck lloyd irvin, he could get pulled in to a sinkhole right now and i wouldnt give 1 single shit. fuck whatever thread kirik decides to remove...life still goes on. this place is still an awesome site and i still get what i came for

The stakeholder's paradox.  The same thing that makes people care what company heads (Kirik, Dana etc) do with thier organizations is the same thing that's responsible for the intense brand loyalty that makes the same organizations market leaders.

There are not many people blasting Thornsten Heins on internet forums but he would gladly have traded places (market share) with Steve Jobs despite all the haters that would have come with it.

3/30/13 9:26 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup -
Pancake Syrup - When i visit the Sherdog forums i get headaches from all the retarded threads there are. I'm happy with my choice of the UG
Is there a way to ignore you from the app? God damn you literally never post anything good Phone Post

Ironic
I think everyone expects you to post shit, so there's really no irony in my statement at all. Phone Post

Interesting
3/30/13 9:28 PM
HexRei

The Gumball Kid - 
IDOHARM - 
The Gumball Kid -

Sherdog

Vs

UG

I've never seen that show, so this joke falls silent. Is the midget better or worse than the little kid? Phone Post 3.0

The midget is tha realist nigga walkin this Earth

Where is the god of tits and wine?
3/30/13 9:32 PM
timessquare
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From what little I know about and have seen of Kirik on the forums he seems like a top guy and an honourable one at that. We all have reasons for our actions or inactions at times in life. Doesn't mean others are not entitled to their opinions but surely the benefit of the doubt, especially when not knowing all the facts, could be given to Kirik for whatever it is that has been (mis)handled.

3/31/13 7:39 AM
6ULDV8

OP should put the Sherdog link and the Reddit link in there, for convenience sake.

TTT

3/31/13 9:05 AM
Voiceinthedesert

I am sorry to say but the UG is also infested with trolls.

I do most of my posting on BE. Not only do the mods keep a tight leash but the posters do an even better job filtering out the trolls.

The mods here have to do something. It's a bitch trying to filter through all the garbage to find a little nugget of sense.
3/31/13 9:55 AM
Stache
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People have long criticized the UG for having a cult-like following.

What a coincidence that the site's owners would try to protect Lloyd Irvin, the master cultist. Almost makes you wonder if Lloyd played some part in the way the UG is marketed.
3/31/13 11:19 AM
OppressedAtheist

Edited: 03/31/13 11:22 AM
<blockquote>mmavixen - <p><br /> Whatever.</p><br /><p><br /> UG rules, and the Sherdoggers know it....</p><br /><p><br /> That site is really disrespectful to the hardcore female fan base (which is almost nonexistent to begin with). Say what you will about the UG, but 99% of the time I get respected here and treated fairly.</p><br /><p><br /> Fuck the UG!!! 4ever</p><br /><p><br />  </p></blockquote><br />

Sherdog is one of the most misogynistic forums on the internet. It is more misogynistic than a misogyny forum. It's disgusting to see what kind of garbage the mods allow when it comes to posters degrading women.<br /><br />When somebody points out the misogyny, many shertards viciously attack with insults including the virgin mods.

<br /><br />Sherdog still has the better forum in terms of overall design and layout.<br /><br />Anybody can post pics and gifs.<br />You get a notification when somebody quotes your post.<br />Its way easier to edit posts after you have already posted.<br />Is easier to access and find posts.<br /><br />Even though its misogynistic I would say Sherdog has the UG beat in many areas.<br /><br />Its disgusting the two-facedness of the UG. They bash fighters until one of them posts and suddenly the over-the- top ass kissing begins.<br /><br />Sherdoggers bash every fighter and none of the fighters will post on Sherdog because shertards will rip them to pieces.

At least Sherdoggers aren't two-faced.<br /><br />Even though Sherdog is horribly misogynistic I find it better to post there due to its superior layout. <br /><br /><br /><br />At least

Sherdoggers have the balls to rip on Lloyd Irvin and the two thugs that committed rape. They don't deserved respect.

At least you can properly edit a post on sherdog. UG needs to improve its overall design. Sherdog is far superior.
3/31/13 12:06 PM
Jack Slack
1753 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God Sherdog is terrible.

Don't believe me? Spend 10 minutes in the UFC forum.

3/31/13 12:47 PM
Golden Boy
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a thread on this forum today about which org has the best ring card girls. I can go weeks on here scrolling threads and not opening a single one. There used to be a time when this place was the place to go. Now it's not different than any other site. To blame Kirk is laughable when the problem is the fans today are nothing more than groupies.
3/31/13 1:06 PM
Falloncock

Golden Boy - There is a thread on this forum today about which org has the best ring card girls. I can go weeks on here scrolling threads and not opening a single one. There used to be a time when this place was the place to go. Now it's not different than any other site. To blame Kirk is laughable when the problem is the fans today are nothing more than groupies.
Don't like girls? Phone Post 3.0
3/31/13 2:07 PM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GB, I understand where you're coming from. But, the sport has evolved a lot since your join date. If you love MMA than you would accept this. With the sport evolving, everything around the sport is growing. Nothing wrong with that. So, of course this forum is going to change as well. You can argue if its a good or bad change until you're blue in the face. 

The problem is valued posters, like yourself, as well as highly values professional fighters would rather lurk, than post. I don't look at it as being 'run off' more so, folks like yourself just dont care as much. So, essentially, if this place is 'more like Sherdog' (your words), then you don't have to look very far to wonder why that's the case.

If everyone on this thread (or this forum) wasn't passionate about this sport, they wouldn't be here. Lets try to keep in mind that no matter what our join date is or when our first UFC was, we all share a common interest(s). I hope guys like you and other quality posters choose to continue to post here.

3/31/13 2:37 PM
Golden Boy
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Falloncock - 
Golden Boy - There is a thread on this forum today about which org has the best ring card girls. I can go weeks on here scrolling threads and not opening a single one. There used to be a time when this place was the place to go. Now it's not different than any other site. To blame Kirk is laughable when the problem is the fans today are nothing more than groupies.
Don't like girls? Phone Post 3.0

I fuck hot women in real life.
3/31/13 2:42 PM
Golden Boy

EBM - 

GB, I understand where you're coming from. But, the sport has evolved a lot since your join date. If you love MMA than you would accept this. With the sport evolving, everything around the sport is growing. Nothing wrong with that. So, of course this forum is going to change as well. You can argue if its a good or bad change until you're blue in the face. 

The problem is valued posters, like yourself, as well as highly values professional fighters would rather lurk, than post. I don't look at it as being 'run off' more so, folks like yourself just dont care as much. So, essentially, if this place is 'more like Sherdog' (your words), then you don't have to look very far to wonder why that's the case.

If everyone on this thread (or this forum) wasn't passionate about this sport, they wouldn't be here. Lets try to keep in mind that no matter what our join date is or when our first UFC was, we all share a common interest(s). I hope guys like you and other quality posters choose to continue to post here.

I'm not saying its good or bad. I'm saying for the new members of this site to think they are better than another forum is funny. It doesn't matter what someone's join date is but it's far and inbetween when you see a older member talk about ring card girls or fighters asses. I'm a fan of mma and I still watch even though I have nothing to do with the sport these days. I'm not a fan of.....this.
3/31/13 5:06 PM
hypoxia

I like the salaciously dark, shady, underbelly of secrets that this site will unabashedly and unapologeticly censor.
It's very third world...and mysterious!
PLEASE DON"T BAN ME!

3/31/13 5:14 PM
D241
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wouldn't being a rape enabler be a good thing?  

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.