UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Question for Il Don?

3/29/13 10:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tyronehernandez
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a box of Joya de Nicaragua that have to be over 30 years old. They've been in a drawer and are sill in their individual plastic sleeves.

Are they still good?

I have a small humidor with some other cigars in it. Should I put a few of the Joya de Nicaragua in there and try to re-humidify them? If so how long do you think it will take?
Should I take them out of the plastic when I put them in the humidor?

Thanks.
3/30/13 8:00 AM
legitballer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How long have they been in that drawer and what part of the country do you live in? If you're from a somewhat humid place like Florida, they might still be salvageable.
4/3/13 11:33 AM
joesonshuevos
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If they have been unhumidified for years do not remove the cellophane as it may be all that is holding the cigars together. I'd put them in Tupperware with 60% percent humidity for a week, then 70% for a week and finally 80% for a week. Just make sure u open it daily. After the three weeks, carefully remove the cellophane from one and check howthe cigar looks and feels . If all is well, place either back in humidor at 70% for another month or so and then fire up. If still crunchy but intact carefully remove cellophane and put back in tup at 80% for another week. Gl and lets see em! Salud.
4/17/13 4:57 PM
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, 30 years. Me thinks they are no good but hopefully Il Don is correct.

Best of luck.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.