UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> New CEO taking RYU out of the MMA business

3/30/13 5:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems like they saw the MMA bandwagon as it was about half way down the road and sprinted to catch it before it got away. Too bad. MMA sponsors are dropping like flies these days.

3/30/13 5:00 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/30/13 5:00 PM

Double.

3/30/13 5:13 PM
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I prefer Ken over Ryu. Phone Post
3/30/13 6:00 PM
Culinary Union Delegate
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classy MMA Company

3/30/13 6:22 PM
smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good riddance. Fuck em. Phone Post
3/30/13 10:14 PM
JimmersonzGlove
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No care.
3/31/13 5:37 AM
Dedicated1

Every independent corner rock band sells t-shirts as should every individual fighter. If these high level executives couldn't turn profit, they should never be hired by any company again. They've proven their worthlessness.
3/31/13 6:26 AM
Macedawgg
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hessian - pump and dump, clean, rinse, repeat

What is this pump and dump of which you speak?

Who was pumping on this forum?

3/31/13 9:43 AM
Culinary Union Delegate
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dedicated1 - Every independent corner rock band sells t-shirts as should every individual fighter. If these high level executives couldn't turn profit, they should never be hired by any company again. They've proven their worthlessness.

yep. Bands make most of their money by selling their own merch. Why shouldn't fighters?

3/31/13 10:32 AM
Ingrained Media
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ingrained Media, President
Macedawgg - 

I do not think it was a pump and dump. Every small cap has to pump or they wont be seen. Many confuse pump with increased value. That is usually not the case. Look at Muscle Pharm if you want to see pump and dump. They raise the shares up through newsletters and other techniques and issue news to sustain the valuation but the valuation cannot sustain the selling.

In this case there was not a lot of insider selling. The salaries were high for a development stage start up however those salaries were the only thing supporting the valuation. This company had a 60M valuation before selling a tee shirt, setting up a distributor or any of the other basics of the business. They spent money too fast and did not do enough with the capital raised to induce other investors to follow.

The thing is the golden employees at Nike are the ones that built that company. This is true at most companies. The early Microsoft employees defined Microsoft for years. Just like you are seeing when Steve Jobs passed away, the visionaries are a critical component to the success of the company. People that come to work for these companies after they are established are qualified enough to be employed but likely not key employees. Yet in Penny stock land the speculative investors sees all of these real bios compared to some miner that may be on the gold and it is really appealing, until they fail that is.
3/31/13 10:35 AM
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dougie - 

I have a t-shirt company but I am not about to sponsor anyone or pay a company to let people wear my t-shirts anywhere.

Obviously I have no business sense.

but you should have some money in your pocket.i told rick @ toe 2 toe  you need to do the grass roots thing,small tournie and work your way up.the cost to sponsor a ufc fighter is insane .

3/31/13 10:54 AM
jaytrainwreck
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiscipleDojo -
Kage - "formed around executives"

Yes i can see this being a succeess

Didn't want this little gem of a response to go unappreciated.  :)

Any clothing line that is priced to be worn only by sheiks in Dubai is bound to fail immensely if it tries to make a sports line. Even if it is woven by hand from the silk of virgin Laotian worms and infused with Tibetan aromatheraputic herbs...if it can't sell a plain t-shirt for less than $30 it's gonna fail.

Look up the Billionaire Boy Club clothing line, if you want to see obscene prices for atrocious clothing. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/13 11:52 AM
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial

the pinnacle of overpriced cheapshit clothes is Great China Wall, which appears to be a Christian Audigier project or ripoff

they charge like $1000 for one of those Ed Hardy style hoodies which looks like someone put a bag of diamonds and a dead tiger in a blender then poured it over a shirt made from parrot feathers

http://www.thegreatchinawall.com/

3/31/13 11:58 AM
CindyO

Macedawgg - 

LMAO!

Cindy

3/31/13 1:36 PM
SidRon
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/31/13 1:35 PM
This really sucks. There are already so few MMA related clothing lines to begin with. This is going to make it that much harder for me to represent my fighter life to others.
4/1/13 6:17 PM
smoogy
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully nobody will misconstrue this as a failing of the MMA apparel business in general. There's plenty of room for people to make money in this space. Just not for the laughably incompetent like the fine folks over at RYU
4/2/13 2:40 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/02/13 2:40 PM

4/2/13 3:28 PM
DiscipleDojo
685 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ That's like 12 hoodies and pair of fight shorts.

4/2/13 5:35 PM
MMAAdvertising
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Says they are no longer targeting the MMA business, yet continue to target MMA websites in their digital advertising. Screenshot from today. Lots of brains behind those bucks.  

4/2/13 6:48 PM
MMAAdvertising
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They must know we are talking about them. No RYU, we still can't afford your $137.99 hoodie.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.