UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DAVID KING: Legit martial artist

3/30/13 1:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
McLeod
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys. A while ago I made a Thread about a possible fake BJJ black belt. It was in the midst of a huge controversy I was in with a school I had previously taught at. I am not making this thread to bring any of that up, as (as far as I know) it has all been buried and although I don't see eye to eye with them, it isn't going to be brought up by either side any more.
That said, it was unfortunate that the thread got started where I asked about Mr David King's credentials. I accused him of being a fake BJJ black belt in an indirect way when I was asking to get numbers for his school, and asking if anyone knew of him as I wasn't sure who was making claims about him, Mr King, or the Guy who brought him into his school for a seminar.
As it turns out, David King has NO IDEA the claims that were being made. I have finally spoken to Mr King at length. It is obvious any and all untrue claims were made by the school bringing him in and he was NOT aware of them. He does NOT have a black belt in BJJ. HE IS A VERY LEGIT GRAPPLER AND MARTIAL ARTIST with many many years in both competition and teaching. But it is in a Japanese version of Jiu Jitsu that he is both very proud and confident in. He is friends with some legit BJJ black belts and trains with them, but makes no claims about having any rank in the style, nor would he EVER CONSIDER GIVING rank in it. He makes no claims to his students.
He is very respectful from what I've seen, is very accomplished in his styles and holds black belts in those styles that he worked hard for.
I am sorry his name got drug into it as a result of this others school. I had Kirik delete the original thread, however unfortunately there is still some version of those that come up in searched on google and I hate that this guy who was simply being flown into do a seminar is now connected in any way to it and his name has some tarnish because I tried to find out if he was legit and who was making the claims. I am trying to do what I can on my side to help get rid of that, and I thought a new thread would help clear that up.
(any help on clearing old Google searches up would be appreciated for him.)
Thanks and God bless.

McLeod
3/30/13 2:10 AM
McLeod
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/30/13 2:32 AM
AristidesBrito
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classy post McLeod, ttt Phone Post
4/1/13 12:49 AM
McLeod

Thanks. I know it won't get nearly as many views or comments as would some thread trying to stir up trouble somewhere, but sometimes you just want to make sure the truth of a resolution gets out there as well.
4/1/13 1:00 AM
Authority Figure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At this point you biggest issue is Bing. Google has pushed that original post way back. Bing on the other hand has it front and center.

Kirik can follow these instructions to help you:

http://www.bing.com/webmaster/help/how-can-i-remove-a-url-or-page-from-the-bing-index-37c07477

4/2/13 11:35 PM
hendojames
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was glad to see Mcleod retract the statements he had made toward Dave king.I have personally trained with Mr.King on many occasions and he is not only "Legit" he is one of the most down to earth instructors you will ever meet.I called dave after reading the original post questioning his rank and how legit he was and he simply replied and i quote, "Just pray for Mr.Mcleod he is going through a tough fight against cancer"Now that is what the Martial way is all about in my opinion.Mr.King represents what Bushido is about. Dave teaches Ju Jitsu,Judo,Karate as well as boxing.He never did or never has clamied to be teaching BJJ at this time,he does train with BJJ guys and has for several years. He always tell his students that every style has something to learn from as this is what it takes to be a complete Martial Artist and to be truely well rounded.Thanks again Mr.Mcleod for being humble enough to admit where you wrong and misinformed.God bless you in your training as well as your battle against cancer.As Mr.King always teaches at Elite Combat Ju Jitsu,martial arts are for everyone and should bring out the best in everyone who studies,not bring them down.
4/3/13 11:38 AM
MattyECB
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's a very classy post, and you're a better internet-man than most!
4/3/13 12:39 PM
Richard Tuck
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt, nice to see a "not fake" thread for a change. Will vote up later Phone Post
4/10/13 10:57 PM
McLeod

hendojames:

Thanks. As I said, I wanted to get this out there as quickly as I could when I spoke with him.
It's been a big mess, but I'm glad that side of it, as well as any relationship as a martial artist I have with Mr King has been put straight.
I'm TTT'ing this again just so more people can see it.

And Joshua King, that was a legit Lol.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.