UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> FightMedicine.NET

3/30/13 1:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fightmedicine
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey, guys.

A little background about me. I am a doctor and founder of FightMedicine.net.

I have been training in jiu-jitsu since before the term MMA even existed!

I noticed a lot of misinformation out there regarding sound medical advice for Mixed Martial Artists.

That is why I started FightMedicine.NET

I would like to reach out to the members of the MMA community for suggestions on what they would like to see covered at FightMedicine.net.

I figured where else should I go but the UG where fighters and fans alike can participate.

So, please let me know what you would like to learn from FightMedicine.net and please support us in our cause for making MMA safer through education and preparation!

3/30/13 1:52 AM
fightmedicine
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, if anyone would like to get involved, there is a link at FightMedicine.NET.

Our mission includes involving everyone who has something valuable to teach.

Education is key!

Stay Healthy.

3/30/13 1:54 AM
greenseed
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epo; how prevalent in mma?
3/30/13 1:57 AM
Team GDP
399 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have questions.

what kind of doctor are you?

what are your credentials? where are they from?

3/30/13 1:59 AM
fightmedicine

That's a good question! A great topic for a FightMedicine.NET article!

Epo is obviously in the spotlight thanks to Lance Armstrong.

The thing with epo is, it increases the RBC's in your bloodstream so you can carry more oxygen.

Its useful for long endurance rides like the Tour de France, but doesn't really help in the shorter, sprint races.

How it will affect MMA performance is something I will definetely look into for FightMedicine.NET!

3/30/13 2:00 AM
fightmedicine

I am an orthopedic surgeon with an MD degree and a masters in Biomedical Engineering

3/30/13 2:04 AM
sincitydc
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting... Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 2:07 AM
Brian J DSouza
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

3/30/13 2:12 AM
Team GDP
399 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightmedicine - 

I am an orthopedic surgeon with an MD degree and a masters in Biomedical Engineering

this is why i love the internet. i do a simple google search and boom i verify you are legit. 

thanks for answering my question doc.

in your opinion, what do you think are the most effective peds?

3/30/13 2:12 AM
Team GDP

also vtfu

and embedded link to your website

http://fightmedicine.net/

3/30/13 2:15 AM
fightmedicine

Team GDP - 
fightmedicine - 

this is why i love the internet. i do a simple google search and boom i verify you are legit. 

Yes. Too many guys out there who don't know what they are talking about!

Most effective PEDs is a question with answers in a lot of gray areas.

Anabolic steroids get you bigger and stronger, but may lead to you gassing early

Testosterone (is it a PED now?) may have some benefit, but the question is still in the air.

Check out my article on TRT basics if you want an article with "real" research:

http://fightmedicine.net/2012/08/20/all-your-questions-answered-testosterone-replacement-therapy-trt-basics/

3/30/13 2:23 AM
Team GDP

fightmedicine - 
Team GDP - 
fightmedicine - 

Yes. Too many guys out there who don't know what they are talking about!

Most effective PEDs is a question with answers in a lot of gray areas.

Anabolic steroids get you bigger and stronger, but may lead to you gassing early

Testosterone (is it a PED now?) may have some benefit, but the question is still in the air.

Check out my article on TRT basics if you want an article with "real" research:

http://fightmedicine.net/2012/08/20/all-your-questions-answered-testosterone-replacement-therapy-trt-basics/

one thing i have consistenly heard about testosterone is that it helps with recovery, but i feel like you didn't at all touch on that in your article. what are you thoughts on the recovery benefits of testosterone? 

3/30/13 2:27 AM
fightmedicine

I am not sure it really helps. In my research I didn't come across any explanation why it would help (not that there isn't one out there).

Anabolic steroids, for example, can cause cells in petri dishes to break down, so same may be true for testosterone

3/30/13 2:58 AM
RickStorm
1687 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

Welcome to the UG!

3/30/13 4:28 AM
myjawhurts
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightmedicine -

Shouldn't your website be called fightsurgeon so?
Orthopods giving info on EPO is crazy. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 9:34 AM
Brian J DSouza
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

3/30/13 9:52 AM
Kirik
1664 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

ttt

3/30/13 9:59 AM
Slapsymaxi
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's your take on Chiropractors?

This will stir something up!

Max Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 10:01 AM
torquemada
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you trane, bro?

Seriously, nice site and idea. I'm a therapist and always love to get orthopedic perspective on shoulder and knee rehab as well as thoughts on therapy. Phone Post
3/30/13 10:52 AM
Edelweiss
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is pretty awesome, doc. I take the MCAT in 60 days. I know the road is long still, but I plan to involve myself in MMA when I am finished. So, I have the upmost respect for what you are doing.

Ttt Phone Post
3/30/13 12:48 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Welcome!
I am sure you will have lots to contribute! Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 1:35 PM
CoreNobody
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
3/30/13 2:14 PM
donovese
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. VTFU! Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 2:47 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is Awesome!
3/30/13 2:52 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/30/13 2:58 PM
Sorry for the double post. VU

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.