UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Zahabi: If GSP fights Silva next, that could be it

3/30/13 11:22 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1030 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Firas Zahabi, lead trainer for UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, recently appeared on Sherdog Radio Network’s “Cheap Seats” show, and discussed who's next.

“That’s something that after he comes back from vacation we’re going to have to sit down and talk about, Georges and me and his management,” said Zahabi. “It’s not a one-sided decision. The UFC is going to have to obviously tell us what they want to do. I think Georges would do either fight, to be honest with you.”

“If he fights Hendricks, I think he could fight for longer. He could have more fights after that. If he fights Anderson Silva, I could really see that being his last fight. He’ll retire after that because there won’t be a bigger fight for him to do, I think, anymore in his career."

"Win or lose, I think he’ll probably end on that note, on Anderson Silva. Maybe that’s why it’s been pushed back a little bit, but I think when it does happen, it’ll be the last one because once he goes up a weight class, he’s never coming back down.”

Listen to entire interview... (1:06:56 mark)

3/30/13 11:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
allforroy
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP will not prolong his retirement...better have enjoyed it while you could. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 11:33 AM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hes basically telling the ufc...u want gsp to fight longer and make u millions? dont push the anderson fight...

3/30/13 11:40 AM
Stu Cazzo

Well said Fireass - if he fights Silva it's over...

3/30/13 11:40 AM
KnowKontrol
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is smart about it. Go out at the top of the game. Assuming he had managed it well he had the money to live comfortable for the rest of his life. Why put your body thru the damage to where you get side effects when you don't have to. He can also still make bank doing endorsements. If he were to retire.... I couldn't be mad at him as a person. He has achieved the goals many other fighters dream of. Why risk the ride off into the sunset when you don't have to. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 11:46 AM
SoupCan
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before GSP hate.... Oh too late Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 11:48 AM
chrisbaker

MAYBE thats why its been pushed back a bit? Once Silva torches weidman GSPs gonna make some other bullshit excuses as to why he won't fight him. Traits and genetics of a frenchmen. Phone Post
3/30/13 11:53 AM
3rdLion
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm fine with this.
3/30/13 11:58 AM
KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

hes basically telling the ufc...u want gsp to fight longer and make u millions? dont push the anderson fight...

You've summed it up perfectly. No bigger challenge? How about repeating a dominating MW run? Pfft, there are plenty of challenges, and super fights out there.
3/30/13 12:01 PM
Entreri

I disagree, if you beat Silva, there is nothing left at MW. The MW division is not stacked full of talent like the WW...there really are no challengers after that. With both Chael and Vitor gone, it is even more shallow.

If he loses to Silva, there is no point in sticking around at MW.
3/30/13 12:02 PM
shaqitup
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP can't wait to fight anderson.

In 2 years anderson probably won't be the same fighter he is today.

3/30/13 12:02 PM
Noonan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Remember Anderson convinced us he would retire at 35? Has he signed that 10 fight deal yet? Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 12:08 PM
SoupCan
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's awesome to see a GSP thread full of his usual bashers on the first page.

He's entering his early 30's and the silva fight should absolutely be his last fight, there is no bigger fights to make after that... Win he goes out on the highest note imaginable, lose but make it a 5 round fight still on a huge note, lose he still retires the greatest WW ever and top of the p4p list Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 12:10 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chrisbaker -  MAYBE thats why its been pushed back a bit? Once Silva torches weidman GSPs gonna make some other bullshit excuses as to why he won't fight him. Traits and genetics of a frenchmen. Phone Post

Why do I get frozen for speaking truths about the ZUFFA shills running, but blatant racism by a pure lame no-name scrub fighter cutting up one of the best of all-time get no notice?

You are a loser. You'll never accomplish 1/100 of what Georges did.
Stfu.
3/30/13 12:11 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/30/13 12:11 PM

It's odd. Considering how many people criticize and hate on Georges, you'd think the one thing they wouldn't criticize would be his personal decision to retire.

funny gifs

3/30/13 12:14 PM

SoupCan - It's awesome to see a GSP thread full of his usual bashers on the first page.

He's entering his early 30's and the silva fight should absolutely be his last fight, there is no bigger fights to make after that... Win he goes out on the highest note imaginable, lose but make it a 5 round fight still on a huge note, lose he still retires the greatest WW ever and top of the p4p list Phone Post 3.0

Where's my blue?
3/30/13 12:18 PM
EdTheGreat

Didn't GSP pick Weidman to beat Silva?
3/30/13 12:19 PM
SoupCan

KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas -
SoupCan - It's awesome to see a GSP thread full of his usual bashers on the first page.

Where's my blue?
It's in the mail along with mine Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 12:23 PM

SoupCan - 

Where's my blue?

Ok lol?
3/30/13 12:28 PM
TDogg926
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who cares at this point. He's already a legend and he's protecting that status like none other. Phone Post
3/30/13 12:30 PM
SoupCan

SoupCan - 

Where's my blue?

Ok lol?
Haha, I haven't forgot I just haven't got around to renewing mine yet Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 12:31 PM

SoupCan - 
SoupCan - 

Where's my blue?

Ok lol?
Haha, I haven't forgot I just haven't got around to renewing mine yet Phone Post 3.0

I haven't seen you on threads much, busy with life?
3/30/13 12:40 PM
SoupCan

Stephen Holder - I can absolutely gaurantee you that GSP's legacy is already ruined because he 'plays it safe' fight after fight and if the bout with Silva doesn't happen (for whatever reason at this point after he's already ducked) Georges will be remembered for being a coward and nothing more in every country worldwide not named Canada.
Stephen read this out loud to yourself and tell me how hard it is for you not to punch yourself in the face? Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 12:41 PM
SoupCan

SoupCan - 
SoupCan - 

Where's my blue?

Ok lol?

I haven't seen you on threads much, busy with life?
My work had a fire and burnt down in January, we just bought a bigger shop and are moving so it's been some long hours at work. I usually UG there when its slow but haven't had time lately Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 12:43 PM
jzus14

he knows that no matter what if he fights anderson it's all down hill for him, thats the biggest fight for him! anderson can always fight bones, but he can say "i cleaned" a division, and too my shot at the GOAT of the sports, he also is too smart to fight till he cant be a normal human being!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.