UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Zahabi: If GSP fights Silva next, that could be it

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/30/13 2:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RICKYB
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -

hes basically telling the ufc...u want gsp to fight longer and make u millions? dont push the anderson fight...

I agree , and after the last ppv , the UFC will listen Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 2:40 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -
Condit's Face Broke My Hand - 

I'm sorry Lay'n'Pray, but that was the shittiest analogy you could've possibly used to impugn his reading ability. It doesn't even make sense. Trees aren't even sentient beings. I would've gone with something less inane, like maybe an antelope or a sea otter.

Or a Diaz brother... heyooooo!

I'm totally joking. nobody get all mad, please. Phone Post

Lol Phone Post
3/30/13 2:41 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^ Fig not ficus imho.

"Let's go georges" was meant as : Take the fucking fight already and quit talking and talking and talking. Or: Get it over with Georges.

3/30/13 2:42 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

I'm sorry Lay'n'Pray, but that was the shittiest analogy you could've possibly used to impugn his reading ability. It doesn't even make sense. Trees aren't even sentient beings. I would've gone with something less inane, like maybe an antelope or a sea otter.

Duck Billed Platypus?

3/30/13 2:44 PM
morse
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love to see GSP fight Hendricks. Hendricks has been waiting for his shot at GSP and beating everyone. If GSP wins then last fight against Anderson.

3/30/13 2:45 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
507 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

^^^^ Fig not ficus imho.

"Let's go georges" was meant as : Take the fucking fight already and quit talking and talking and talking. Or: Get it over with Georges.

Fig and ficus are interchangeable, IMHO. Duck-billed platypus would've also been satisfactory.

3/30/13 2:51 PM
KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas

KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas - 
MMA Lives Here -  I gotta say the GSP hate on here is pathetic. Different to any other forum. Zahabi is basically saying GSP is down for the Anderson fight and some of you guys are getting stuck into him? Anderson's a fair bit bigger than him..TBH I didn't even think GSP needed to take the fight.

I'm impressed. Phone Post

This.

GSP was a lot bigger than sherk, no one gave a shit or cried back then. Why do you worry about his size like you're his woman? He's a fighter, anderson isn't asking him to anything else beside fight.

Well LW didn't even exist back then, so Sherk had no choice but to fight at WW.  I just think that Anderson and Jones are waaaay closer in size than Anderson and GSP, and want to see that fight more as a result.

GSP reach is closer to andersons, than andersons is closer to jones. Also GSP is pure muscle, while Anderson is lanky, anderson only has height on him.
3/30/13 2:59 PM
507 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here -  I gotta say the GSP hate on here is pathetic. Different to any other forum. Zahabi is basically saying GSP is down for the Anderson fight and some of you guys are getting stuck into him? Anderson's a fair bit bigger than him..TBH I didn't even think GSP needed to take the fight.

This.

GSP was a lot bigger than sherk, no one gave a shit or cried back then. Why do you worry about his size like you're his woman? He's a fighter, anderson isn't asking him to anything else beside fight.

Well LW didn't even exist back then, so Sherk had no choice but to fight at WW.  I just think that Anderson and Jones are waaaay closer in size than Anderson and GSP, and want to see that fight more as a result.

GSP reach is closer to andersons, than andersons is closer to jones. Also GSP is pure muscle, while Anderson is lanky, anderson only has height on him.

Reach can be misleading in determining size discrepancy.  Michael Chiesa and Anderson Silva have virtually identical reaches, and yet I wouldn't consider them to be close in size.  The fact is, if you talk to anyone in MMA, they'll say that GSP and Silva are much different in size.

Freddie Roach has trained with both, and says that Anderson is much bigger than GSP.  Freddie has worked with fighters all his life, in a sport where size and weight matters WAY more than in MMA.  Freddie is more qualified to discuss the size difference than anyone on this forum, so I'll defer to him.

3/30/13 3:14 PM
Elhoffo
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I call bullshit that Gsp retires , he just wants a massive payday just incase he loses badly. What's with this whole he can't come down from gaining weight anyway who does he think he is cyborg? It sounds like a lot of posturing just to increase his payday , unless he is scared Anderson will eat his soul in the ring. If that's the case then maybe he has a very valid point perhaps. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 3:36 PM

^None of that changes the fact that many objective observers consider Anderson to be much bigger than GSP.

I can't sepak to the UG's shift in attitude vis-a-vis Anderson vs GSP over the last couple years as I haven't been here for that long.

3/30/13 3:47 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

This.

No WAY!!!! GSP is tiny and Anderson walks around at 268!!!!!!!!

3/30/13 3:50 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Weight in the cage:

Anderson: 198-202

GSP: 188-192

Bones: 218-226

10lb difference vs 20lb difference on average....

Reach/wingspan:

GSP: 76"

Andy: 77.5"

Bones: 84.5"

1.5" vs 7"

3/30/13 3:54 PM

Edited: 03/30/13 4:05 PM

I'd say fight night weights are as follows:

Jones - 218

Silva - 202

GSP - 188

The weight difference between GSP/Anderson and Anderson/Jones are comparable, so I guess it's a question of whether you want to see the number 1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world challenge the smaller fighter who is number 3 P4P in the world or the bigger fighter who is number 2 P4P in the world.

Edit - revised Anderson's weight.

Edit - another revision

3/30/13 3:56 PM

I think it's fair to say that the size difference between all 3 of them is proportionately equal, no?

3/30/13 4:00 PM

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - if GSP and Anderson fight at 177 or 185, Andreson will NOT be at 205, that's just a bunch of malarkey. he weighed 202 against Bonnar, which was a 205.

Funny you say that, I just edited my post.

3/30/13 4:14 PM

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -

Jones - 218

Silva - 202

GSP - 188

The weight difference between GSP/Anderson and Anderson/Jones are comparable, so I guess it's a question of whether you want to see the number 1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world challenge the smaller fighter who is number 3 P4P in the world or the bigger fighter who is number 2 P4P in the world.

Edit - another revision

No way Jones walks in the cage @ 218. He's at least 225 on fight night Phone Post
Mike Dolce said 218 on the UG a couple of weeks ago. Gonna go with his word over yours. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 4:25 PM

strengthcoach 26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - On fight night how much will Chael weigh vs. Bones?

Chael will likely be in the mid-220's (224)
I'd expect Jones to be 218lbs or so

3/30/13 4:25 PM
Humphrey

it honestly makes me laugh when people are so involved with their own hate they say things like georges is slowing down, like he's on his last leg.

In case people don't remember, it's widely recognized that a fighter at 30 is really in his prime. GSP is 31...

And then it comes that 'he's been slowing down and blah blah blah' christ the fight was GSP witha fever and a possible injury, and he gassed after the 3rd. It's his second fight back after a BAD injury and a ton of time off. Over a year and a half....

Can't there be a possibility that he's not back to his normal self yet? Maybe he just had an adrenaline dump and was friggin tired? Or maybe, he really did have a fever and wasn't the same energizer he usually is. he's slowing down, then in the next breath 'he wrestle fucks', which is clearly the hardest way (cardio wise) to approach a fight.

When was the last time George struggled making it through a fight? and he didn't even struggle here, even worn out Diaz had absolutely nothing for him.

I mean Christ give the guy a break. I realize he's not an exciting fighter. I realize he fights to win by strategy and taking the least possible damage, and while probably the smartest way to stay on top for a long time, it's not flash in the pan exiting, but man, let's just not say really stupid things like 'he's slowing down' based on one fight..

There's another side to this problem, and it's if GSP physically beat the shit out of his next opponent, knocked him cold after a couple rounds of brutal beating, the other side of the coin will be running in saying how he's the best KO guy in history of the sport.

The extremists will be here, just like in politics. They will hunt for a reason to dislike a guy and claim he's terrible just like the nuthuggers will twist any facts they can to make sure he's the headhunter of all time.

It would be a lot more fun for you haters and huggers if you'd stop spending so much effort hating or hugging, and just enjoy the sport.
3/30/13 4:29 PM
Entreri

Roach is quite right. GSP is a much smaller fighter than Anderson.

Anderson and Jones are "friends".
3/30/13 4:36 PM
KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas

Herpaderp - wrestling is not as hard on cardio as intense striking

it can be hard on the guy getting pressured, unlike the striking, which is hard on the striker

Umm what? You've never trained before.
3/30/13 4:38 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Jones - 218

Silva - 202

GSP - 188

Edit - another revision

I am shocked you would pick the lowest weight for Jones....shocked.

He was 224 vs rashad and 226 as well. 218 was shogun. Why are you picking the lowest for Jones and highest for Anderson (@185)????

222 would be the average for Jones and 200 for Anderson. In what world are 10-12 lbs and 18-22lbs "comparable"? That's pretty much double. Phone Post
3/30/13 4:41 PM

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Jones - 218

Silva - 202

GSP - 188

Edit - another revision

I am shocked you would pick the lowest weight for Jones....shocked.

He was 224 vs rashad and 226 as well. 218 was shogun. Why are you picking the lowest for Jones and highest for Anderson (@185)????

222 would be the average for Jones and 200 for Anderson. In what world are 10-12 lbs and 18-22lbs "comparable"? That's pretty much double. Phone Post

I'm not going off of what you say, shockingly.  Mike Dolce said he expects Jones to come in at 218, so I'm gonna go with him over you.

Anderson is 202.  That's what he weighed in against Bonnar, so I'm assuming he's the same at MW.

Georges is 186-188.  I'll give you 188.

So you have a 16 lb weight diff between Anderson and Jones, and a 14 lb weight diff between GSP and Anderson.

3/30/13 5:00 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChokeEmOut - Even with his style of not fighting he has still been getting beat up in his fights.

He is slowing down big time, only his nut huggers will deny he is slowing down and not looking so great. He's starting to gas even while dry humping his opponents, not a good sign.

Silva would end him for sure, one of the dumbest ideas for a matchup ever in MMA.
Show some fuck respect. He still beat everybody with easy, never even losing a round.

Will Silva beat him with relative easy, yes he will . The skill difference combined with the weight difference will be to much.

But GSP will still easily be the most dominant welterweight champ of all time. Plus he is not the biggest PPV draw without reason. Phone Post
3/30/13 5:02 PM

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - 
Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -

Jones - 218

Silva - 202

GSP - 188

Edit - another revision

No way Jones walks in the cage @ 218. He's at least 225 on fight night Phone Post
Mike Dolce said 218 on the UG a couple of weeks ago. Gonna go with his word over yours. Phone Post 3.0
Quote the thread or you're full of shit. I wanna see it. Also, is Mike Dolce the dieting coach for Jon Jones? Granted he's most assuredly better than me at judging a guy's weight by looking at him, but it doesn't make his word a fucking fact. Phone Post

I try not to lie as best I can. I posted it on the last page, but here it is again.  If you don't believe me, look up the Mike Dolce Q&A and go to page 8 (I believe)

strengthcoach 26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - On fight night how much will Chael weigh vs. Bones?

Chael will likely be in the mid-220's (224)
I'd expect Jones to be 218lbs or so

3/30/13 5:05 PM

Edited: 03/30/13 5:05 PM

And yes, you're right, his word is definitely not fact.  I'd trust it over Lay'n'Pray's any day though - this is the guy that thinks there's a 20 lb weight differential between Anderson and Jones but only a 10 lb one between GSP and Anderson.

What's your opinion on their weights? I'm curious.  As much as it shames me to admit it, I respect your opinion when you actually decide to discuss MMA seriously.  Also, try to divorce yourself from and GSP/Diaz shit when you answer this.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.