UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Zahabi: If GSP fights Silva next, that could be it

3/30/13 5:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson P. Sonnen
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeez this nick Diaz is messing with me today. Phone Post
3/30/13 6:09 PM
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Legacy? LOL. Fedor went from GOAT to what?

And some poor fighters are both broke and barely functioning after the glory.

In the end, a fighter must be calculating. I applaud GSP for being a smart fighter.

When GSP thinks he wants to fight Anderson, he will.
3/30/13 6:19 PM
ortman166

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -

hes basically telling the ufc...u want gsp to fight longer and make u millions? dont push the anderson fight...

This. He doesn't want Anderson. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 6:23 PM
ortman166

while Jones is clearly bigger than Silva, Jones and Silva are much closer size-wise than Silva-GSP

No way. How could you possibly think this? Jones is a huge light heavyweight. Anderson isn't even a big mw. Chael was huge compared to him. He used to fight at ww. That statement is just silly Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 6:29 PM
Brabatross

I hope he fights Anderson and retires.
3/30/13 6:30 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both fights interest me (Jones and GSP) but, I think the GSP fight would make more sense if it were to happen first. Phone Post
3/30/13 6:32 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For the record, LnP does not want to see GSP vs Silva.  He only wants to see Silva vs Jones.

Entreri

You know, former middle weights that fought Anderson have fought/will fight Jones at LHW.

Henderson was ready to fight Jones...Henderson is smaller than Anderson. Most of the LHW's that fought Jones are similar size to Anderson.
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - 
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -

And yes, you're right, his word is definitely not fact.  I'd trust it over Lay'n'Pray's any day though - this is the guy that thinks there's a 20 lb weight differential between Anderson and Jones but only a 10 lb one between GSP and Anderson.

What's your opinion on their weights? I'm curious.  As much as it shames me to admit it, I respect your opinion when you actually decide to discuss MMA seriously.  Also, try to divorce yourself from and GSP/Diaz shit when you answer this.

My honest opinion is that while Jones is clearly bigger than Silva, Jones and Silva are much closer size-wise than Silva-GSP. The fact that Anderson has gone up to 205 on more than one occasion, while GSP has never fought above 170, also tells me it's a more doable fight.

The reach thing used by lnpninja was ridiculous; of course Silva and GSP will he closer as Jones has fucking pterodactyl-like arms. Silva's reach compared to the average of the top 10 guys at 205 and GSP's reach compared to the top 10 guys at 185 would be a better comparison.

Besides the fact that I think Jones-Silva is a better size matchup, it's also a much more interesting fight stylistically. Both fighters are primarily stand-up guys who throw crazy shit or pull off crazy moves in the standing position. GSP is not a guy with "crazy stand-up". He's more of a GnP guy who uses effective transitions/takedowns.

Jones-Silva is a lot more interesting on paper and the fight I want to see more, honestly. Phone Post

You're a smart dude, except when you talk about GSP

3/30/13 6:37 PM
Chaelismyhero

It is very clear that GSP is slowing down. He should not fight Anderson. I think he knows he cant beat Anderson. Theirs nothing wrong with that either. Anderson is a HUGE MW. Dude has fought at LHW a couple of times.

GSP doesnt have the wrestling,size or the chin to last with Anderson past the first round. IMO
3/30/13 6:49 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

I already agreed with you, big guy.  My opinon of how Anderson looked size-wise against Bonnar/Griffin is purely academic at this point, as I have already been proved wrong by that thread.

You have triumphed a 19-year-old in an MMA dicussion.  Start the parade.

Its not about winning broham. Just about the right information...

You're awesome and so is everyone here. We all love the MMA and that's what this is all about.

I know I'm a giant douche who always wants to be right, but deep down inside I am just passionate about this sport and love all you fuckers!!! Cheers man. Hope you have a great weekend! Phone Post
3/30/13 6:49 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Entreri - You know, former middle weights that fought Anderson have fought/will fight Jones at LHW.

Henderson was ready to fight Jones...Henderson is smaller than Anderson. Most of the LHW's that fought Jones are similar size to Anderson.
Former MW that fought Anderson have also moved down to ww. :-) Phone Post
3/30/13 7:13 PM
Oontyex

MMA Lives Here -  I gotta say the GSP hate on here is pathetic. Different to any other forum. Zahabi is basically saying GSP is down for the Anderson fight and some of you guys are getting stuck into him? Anderson's a fair bit bigger than him..TBH I didn't even think GSP needed to take the fight.

I'm impressed. Phone Post

If I'm interpreting Zahabi right, he's not really saying GSP is down to fight AS, he's presenting it as a threat to the fans as in 'nice p4p fighters you've get there,... it'd be a shame if something were to happen to them'

as in 'dont push for the fight, coz we're out of here once it happens and you'll regret it then'

3/30/13 7:22 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

I already agreed with you, big guy.  My opinon of how Anderson looked size-wise against Bonnar/Griffin is purely academic at this point, as I have already been proved wrong by that thread.

You're awesome and so is everyone here. We all love the MMA and that's what this is all about.

I know I'm a giant douche who always wants to be right, but deep down inside I am just passionate about this sport and love all you fuckers!!! Cheers man. Hope you have a great weekend! Phone Post
;) good post bro Phone Post
3/30/13 7:43 PM

Anderson P. Sonnen - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

*Great post! Lay'n'Pray always does this.  He drives me to the point of pulling my hair out, and then he turns around and shows that he's a good dude.

3/30/13 8:00 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen

Anderson P. Sonnen - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

*Great post! Lay'n'Pray always does this.  He drives me to the point of pulling my hair out, and then he turns around and shows that he's a good dude.

I always enjoy LnP's insight. Many don't, but he's a great poster. Phone Post
3/30/13 8:48 PM

Anderson P. Sonnen - 
Anderson P. Sonnen - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

I always enjoy LnP's insight. Many don't, but he's a great poster. Phone Post

He is a good poster.  I'll put it this way - the UG is better with him than without.

3/30/13 9:05 PM
Mike Litoris
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder - 
Entreri - Roach is quite right. GSP is a much smaller fighter than Anderson.

Anderson and Jones are "friends".

Yeah both are cop outs but at least if Anderson and Jones both 'unfriend' eachother (esp. on facebook) we might see a fight. GSP on the other hand... hes pretty much officially shook. The funny shit is, he only stands to gain from a fight with Silva as long as its not at 170. He gains bragging rights for steppin up and potentially a ton of dough.

That is one scared Canadian if I ever seen one.

Do you have down syndrome?
3/30/13 9:13 PM
SoupCan
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder -
Oontyex - 
MMA Lives Here -  I gotta say the GSP hate on here is pathetic. Different to any other forum. Zahabi is basically saying GSP is down for the Anderson fight and some of you guys are getting stuck into him? Anderson's a fair bit bigger than him..TBH I didn't even think GSP needed to take the fight.

If I'm interpreting Zahabi right, he's not really saying GSP is down to fight AS, he's presenting it as a threat to the fans as in 'nice p4p fighters you've get there,... it'd be a shame if something were to happen to them'

as in 'dont push for the fight, coz we're out of here once it happens and you'll regret it then'

lol why are you the only one who understands Zahabi's tone? Thats exactly what hes saying.

First, following UFC 158 hes sayin 'oh gosh golly gee, Georges was runnin a temp and had a torn ligament in the fight, hes gonna be out for about 6 mo. and come to think of it, not sure how long George can do this for'= hmm maybe we can duck Hendricks

Now its 'ya know if George fights Anderson that might be it' = hey stop harrasing us about the Silva fight, GSP don't want none.
Stephen serious question: are you handicapped mentally? Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 9:16 PM

SoupCan - 
Stephen Holder -
Oontyex - 

lol why are you the only one who understands Zahabi's tone? Thats exactly what hes saying.

First, following UFC 158 hes sayin 'oh gosh golly gee, Georges was runnin a temp and had a torn ligament in the fight, hes gonna be out for about 6 mo. and come to think of it, not sure how long George can do this for'= hmm maybe we can duck Hendricks

Now its 'ya know if George fights Anderson that might be it' = hey stop harrasing us about the Silva fight, GSP don't want none.

Did you even have to ask that??

3/30/13 9:25 PM
SoupCan
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SoupCan - 
Stephen Holder -
Oontyex - 

Did you even have to ask that??

Not really, when I read his posts I feel the need to take him to a baseball game and catch him a foul ball. I just imagine the joy he'd express as I handed it to him and he took a second to stop shoveling hotdogs down his neck.

I seriously think he may be a little bit mental and it makes me feel bad, Im going to randomly start agreeing with him just to make his day even though I don't agree with him. Could you imagine how excited he'd be as he runs full sprint upstairs to high five his mom Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 9:26 PM

Edited: 03/30/13 9:26 PM

@Soup - legit lol

3/30/13 9:31 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever

So gsps trainer cones put and says gsp will fight Anderson and tgats still not hood enough for you haters? Unfuckingreal Phone Post
3/30/13 9:38 PM

ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever -  So gsps trainer cones put and says gsp will fight Anderson and tgats still not hood enough for you haters? Unfuckingreal Phone Post

I agree.

3/30/13 10:32 PM
SinCityHustler

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

hes basically telling the ufc...u want gsp to fight longer and make u millions? dont push the anderson fight...

This

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.