UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Zahabi: If GSP fights Silva next, that could be it

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/1/13 9:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
buckshot44
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

hes basically telling the ufc...u want gsp to fight longer and make u millions? dont push the anderson fight...

This

4/1/13 10:04 AM
TuLegit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't get why he wouldn't just get even massive-er and fight jones Phone Post 3.0
4/1/13 10:30 AM
kyle223
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - 
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -

And yes, you're right, his word is definitely not fact.  I'd trust it over Lay'n'Pray's any day though - this is the guy that thinks there's a 20 lb weight differential between Anderson and Jones but only a 10 lb one between GSP and Anderson.

What's your opinion on their weights? I'm curious.  As much as it shames me to admit it, I respect your opinion when you actually decide to discuss MMA seriously.  Also, try to divorce yourself from and GSP/Diaz shit when you answer this.

My honest opinion is that while Jones is clearly bigger than Silva, Jones and Silva are much closer size-wise than Silva-GSP. The fact that Anderson has gone up to 205 on more than one occasion, while GSP has never fought above 170, also tells me it's a more doable fight.

The reach thing used by lnpninja was ridiculous; of course Silva and GSP will he closer as Jones has fucking pterodactyl-like arms. Silva's reach compared to the average of the top 10 guys at 205 and GSP's reach compared to the top 10 guys at 185 would be a better comparison.

Besides the fact that I think Jones-Silva is a better size matchup, it's also a much more interesting fight stylistically. Both fighters are primarily stand-up guys who throw crazy shit or pull off crazy moves in the standing position. GSP is not a guy with "crazy stand-up". He's more of a GnP guy who uses effective transitions/takedowns.

Jones-Silva is a lot more interesting on paper and the fight I want to see more, honestly. Phone Post

First time I've ever agreed with anything you've said ;)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.