UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> What happened to the Fightworks Podcast?

3/30/13 2:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kneeblock
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where are Caleb and Shawn?

3/30/13 3:15 PM
gusto
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seems like they got out of it just when it seems ripe to be profitable. maybe they had better opportunities?
3/30/13 3:41 PM
MickColins
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lloyd Irvin didn't like them so Kirik deleted them. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 4:57 PM
Hywel Teague
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJ Hacks, free Arte Suave videos, Direct from Rio
Real life got in the way, it was only ever a labour of love for Caleb and career / family / etc prevented him from investing as much time and energy as he once could. It's a shame as they were the daddy of all BJJ podcasts. But in their wake many others have sprung up. They left a good legacy.
3/30/13 5:25 PM
tf1
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hywel Teague - Real life got in the way, it was only ever a labour of love for Caleb and career / family / etc prevented him from investing as much time and energy as he once could. It's a shame as they were the daddy of all BJJ podcasts. But in their wake many others have sprung up. They left a good legacy.
Agreed. I met Caleb at Metamoris last year and told him thanks for putting out so many great shows and that it inspired Inside BJJ - even though we make fun of everyone.

Fightworks is the Godfather of BJJ podcasts. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 5:51 PM
Bruce Hoyer
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed! Caleb you rock!! Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 7:05 PM
Kneeblock
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is absolutely heartbreaking. It was one of those institutions I thought would always be there.

I wonder if we could draw them out of retirement at least for big shows like the Pan, the Worlds and ADCC. Phone Post
3/31/13 1:42 AM
Open Mat Radio
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kneeblock -  This is absolutely heartbreaking. It was one of those institutions I thought would always be there.

I wonder if we could draw them out of retirement at least for big shows like the Pan, the Worlds and ADCC. Phone Post

Part of the reason we started was because Caleb wasn't putting out as many shows. FightWorks Podcast has been the best. He's set a really high benchmark that all of us other podcasters can aspire too. It was really great that he gave us his "blessing" after we got started.  I'm really happy that the IBJJF has him on the commentary team.

3/31/13 2:28 AM
Magic Mago
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great show, its greatly missed. Phone Post
3/31/13 2:54 PM
gusto

the thing that is crazy to me and i alluded to it above is that Caleb seemed to have the infrastructure down and he spent a lot of time building his human capital. Is he doing anything in podcasting now? or something totally different?
3/31/13 5:38 PM
JSho
427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gusto - the thing that is crazy to me and i alluded to it above is that Caleb seemed to have the infrastructure down and he spent a lot of time building his human capital. Is he doing anything in podcasting now? or something totally different?
I thought they were sill doing tfwp just a lot more infrequently.

Good that the budo streams at major comps are a fixture now. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/13 6:17 PM
kying418
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing show! I really appreciated what they did for our sport.
3/31/13 6:39 PM
bjh13
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JSho - 
gusto - the thing that is crazy to me and i alluded to it above is that Caleb seemed to have the infrastructure down and he spent a lot of time building his human capital. Is he doing anything in podcasting now? or something totally different?
I thought they were sill doing tfwp just a lot more infrequently.

Good that the budo streams at major comps are a fixture now. Phone Post 3.0

That's what Caleb told me. He said work has been really busy for him and he just hasn't had time. With Open Mat Radio and InsideBJJ stepping up, he probably feels less pressure to get an episode out. Hopefully things lighten up for him, and he can get a new episode out sometime.
3/31/13 10:28 PM
Kneeblock

Another Shawn Williams product disappeared into bolivian.

4/1/13 12:50 AM
dustyaguas

Kneeblock - 

Another Shawn Williams product disappeared into bolivian.

Shawn Williams had nothing to do with the fightworks podcast.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.