UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Alex out against Gegard

3/31/13 10:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hogh20
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't the Gracie's originally come from Sweeden?? Maybe get Roger in there.
3/31/13 10:10 PM
Ansari
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hold up! just told me vs. is STILL ON. "The SAC has not said he can't fight + he wants to fight."

3/31/13 10:13 PM
Braziliant

This card will draw in the lowest ratings yet.
3/31/13 10:29 PM
MdGeist

Ansari - 

Hold up! just told me vs. is STILL ON. "The SAC has not said he can't fight + he wants to fight."

The entire card's success is pretty much dependent upon Gus. and giving him the oppurtunity to earn a title shot by winning this fight in his home town.

Without Gus, the card is pretty much a waste of a venue that was intended to boost Gus's popularity for a potential title fight.

There is NO way Zuffa is just going to let the athletic commission call this fight off for anything less than a gunshot wound to the face.

3/31/13 10:44 PM
youarewhatiswrong
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hogh20 - Didn't the Gracie's originally come from Sweeden?? Maybe get Roger in there.

Scotland, you silly goose.
3/31/13 10:50 PM
hogh20

Both begin with S... :) could'nt remember off the top of my head.
3/31/13 10:56 PM
KingD87
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Belfort, Wand, Franklin... All old school "warriors" that would probably take the fight even on a days notice without demanding Anderson Silva money. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/13 10:56 PM
JFC1001
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are the testing regulations in Sweden? You couldn't get Belfort fighting there. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/13 11:33 PM
Dirtguy

Godmode - I guess I'm just gonna stay out of the UG for a day...
Feel the same way Phone Post 3.0
4/1/13 3:50 AM
michelleNrogersdumpsterbaby

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - 

April fools?

i sure as fuck hope so
4/1/13 3:53 AM
flashgetman
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

April fools, anyone ??
4/1/13 8:24 AM
TecHNieK

April fools??? hmmmmmm.......
4/1/13 8:39 AM
Eric Bloodaxe
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No April Fools, reported in Swedish media 31st.

4/1/13 8:53 AM
blupitt
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Either the most epic april fools joke or my weekend just got a lil worse. I don't see them finding a legit match and getting them out there in a fee days. Unless someone's teammate is already there teaining with them? Phone Post
4/1/13 9:27 AM
john joe
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
KingofBJJ - Only in MMA. When will you guys learn how to train? I have seen boxers, kickboxers and Muah thai guys train, but for some reason the MMA guys have train like they are always fighting for real.

I am not saying that injuries don't happen in the sports I mentioned, but take a look at the major events in the past two years in the UFC alone, and then compare them to say Boxing's. I think that there was only one main event in Boxing that had to be cancelled in the major promotions during that time.

Training is exactly what it is. It means delivering blows, takedowns and throws at less than 100%. I would think for training purposes, especially if you have a fight coming up maybe 50 or 60% is more realistic.

Of course the die hard fans will probably poo poo what I have said. Just remember that this is their livelihood. If you don't fight you don't eat.

how many MCL tears and rotator cuff tears and other joint and back injuries do boxers get from all their rolling and grappling?
4/1/13 7:53 PM
Hammerfister
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tommyunited - Wand or Rich should get a call Phone Post 3.0
You called it - Wandy! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.