UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Help with supplements?

4/1/13 10:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
StephenLangdown
325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys, I posted this thread cause I need help with supplementing with regards for MMA. I do muaythai, bjj and wrestling, but I don't know what to take to help me along. The only thing I take now is protein and I don't even know if I'm taking it right. So any help on what to take & when to take how much would be great. Thanks!
4/1/13 11:04 AM
5pointer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what do u feel is lacking in your training or day by day overall feeling?
4/1/13 11:17 AM
turducken

unless you are taking the protein rectally, you are probably not taking it right. same goes for all supplements...you must insert them rectally for optimal absorption, otherwise you are just wasting your money. ever notice how you piss neon yellow if you take a multivitamin? thats because most people take them orally and therefore dont digest the majority of the b6, which is flushed out in your piss. if you take them rectally your body will actually use the b6 and you wont pee neon colors.
4/1/13 11:55 AM
StephenLangdown
325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5pointer - what do u feel is lacking in your training or day by day overall feeling?

Feel pretty sore each day and don't feel that I'm getting THAT much stronger?
4/1/13 12:52 PM
rpribyl

You will not get significantly stronger without doing dedicated strength training. No supplement will help with that. If you are doing bjj, kickboxing, wrestling etc, you will become more skilled , conditioned for those sports, but not necessarily stronger.

Protein is always good starting point, and bcaa's may help you if taken before and after your sessions. Some people like to take intra.

I like optimum nutritions amino energy. Caffeine and aminos Phone Post
4/1/13 2:30 PM
5pointer

i take amino energy as well.

how old are you stephen? i agree pretty much w everything rp stated. how are you currently taking your protein?
4/1/13 4:16 PM
TuLegit

I love onnits stuff. I don't take stuff from vitamin shoppe or gnc just health supplements and cordycep supplements. Phone Post 3.0
4/1/13 7:20 PM
MbA7601
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Multivitamin is a must, and really maybe only Creatine is worth it imo. If you are still sore between training maybe you need some more rest ! Everyone uses the term "overtraining" but never underresting Phone Post 3.0
4/1/13 8:04 PM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

turducken - unless you are taking the protein rectally, you are probably not taking it right. same goes for all supplements...you must insert them rectally for optimal absorption, otherwise you are just wasting your money. ever notice how you piss neon yellow if you take a multivitamin? thats because most people take them orally and therefore dont digest the majority of the b6, which is flushed out in your piss. if you take them rectally your body will actually use the b6 and you wont pee neon colors.
Don't forget to snort creatine Phone Post 3.0
4/1/13 11:03 PM
KILLALL
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm currently taking:

*[Before workout] = C4 MPharm creatine

*[After working out / during cardio] = mpamino1(bcaa) 52g whey protein

*[1 hour before bed]= 25g casein protein, and in days I workout late and I feel wide awake and wired I take a serving of GABA 30 mins before sleep.

Make sure your diet is proper too... Makes a huge improvement on recovery. Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 11:26 AM
Taku
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As was stated above, there are no supplements that build muscle. One must create the need for the muscle, (through strength training) and then "feed" the need of the growth mechanism.

My experience has shown that there is far less advantage to individual protein supps (BCAA's etc) then folks are led to believe.

At this point I am not even a fan of protein isolates. I think as close to whole food as possible is best. If you are using protein powders, then just use concetrates and or combos of the basics (Milk, Egg, Whey, etc). Don't need to waste money of lots of little broken up parts.

I certainly have seen that having enough protein makes a big difference. But one does not need to buy all those pills, powders, and potions.

See my other comments on the other supplement thread for what I really think about the supplement industry.

TAKU

4/2/13 10:05 PM
Couldabeen
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taku -

As was stated above, there are no supplements that build muscle. One must create the need for the muscle, (through strength training) and then "feed" the need of the growth mechanism.

My experience has shown that there is far less advantage to individual protein supps (BCAA's etc) then folks are led to believe.

At this point I am not even a fan of protein isolates. I think as close to whole food as possible is best. If you are using protein powders, then just use concetrates and or combos of the basics (Milk, Egg, Whey, etc). Don't need to waste money of lots of little broken up parts.

I certainly have seen that having enough protein makes a big difference. But one does not need to buy all those pills, powders, and potions.

See my other comments on the other supplement thread for what I really think about the supplement industry.

TAKU

As someone who use to work in the supplement industry, I agree completely with this.

Before addressing your supplements if any, address your diet. Be sure you are meeting requirements, or as close as possible there first. Phone Post 3.0
4/3/13 11:22 PM
Taku
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys...I revealed a secret on my blog that will solve all of your supplement needs.

TAKU

4/4/13 12:01 PM
5pointer

is that 1st pic u?
4/4/13 1:55 PM
Taku

Hey 5P,

That's what I look like after using my secret formula.

TAKU

P.S. Not really...Just some huge guy. I weigh about 165lbs

4/4/13 2:09 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey TAKU I need to know where to buy this. I know someone that's all ready full of BS so this would be perfect for him. :)
4/5/13 9:23 AM
Wiggy
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surprised I'm the first one to say this, but before worrying about supplements, have you made sure your daily food intake is in check?

4/5/13 10:32 AM
Taku

WIGGY,

You were'nt the first person.

TAKU

4/8/13 9:43 AM
ryanJ
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taku - 

Hey guys...I revealed a secret on my blog that will solve all of your supplement needs.

TAKU

FRAT-I read the first part and bought in completely so I didn't feel the need to finish the blog...but I have been chugging that supplement ever since and I think it is working.  

4/8/13 1:46 PM
Taku

ryanJ,

Sweet...PICs?

TAKU

4/8/13 2:53 PM
ryanJ
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is one of me competing yesterday...keep in mind...I am ALL NATURAL and I don't want to get too big and bulky.  #43 there in the middle...

4/8/13 6:57 PM
Taku

ryanJ,

Great pic. It seems to me you are accomplishing all of your goals. Keep up the good work.

TAKU

4/9/13 12:41 PM
BshMstr
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StephenLangdown - Hey guys, I posted this thread cause I need help with supplementing with regards for MMA. I do muaythai, bjj and wrestling, but I don't know what to take to help me along. The only thing I take now is protein and I don't even know if I'm taking it right. So any help on what to take & when to take how much would be great. Thanks!

if you're looking at taking a specific supplement, i'd suggest checking out : http://www.ergo-log.com/

quite a bit of actual studies on various supplements, and it gives real data on what one would expect...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.