UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Judo for Jake! UG, Please Read!!

4/1/13 11:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judo for Jake

Mark “Stan” Staniszewski’s passion for martial arts began over 3 decades ago as a young boy growing up on Long Island, NY. Years later, Stan discovered Judo and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Stan excelled in both, and has dedicated his life to studying, competing, and teaching the two disciplines.

Stan, a 4th degree black belt in Judo, and a BJJ black belt under Joe Moreira, is the first dual black belt on Long Island in both Judo and BJJ. He has medaled in multiple state, national and world competitions and was deservedly inducted into the Martial Arts Hall of Fame in 2010. Stan’s accolades in Judo and BJJ seem endless; however, his greatest accomplishments are his two sons, Luke and Jake.

A month ago, Stan’s youngest son, Jake, was diagnosed with a rare form of pediatric cancer. Jake was diagnosed with advanced stage 4 Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma at only 15 months old. Rhabdomyosarcoma is a type of cancer that develops in the connective tissue, skeletal muscle or bone. The news shocked and devastated the Staniszewski family, but Jake is a fighter, just like his father. Members of the family quickly set up a donation page to help defray the steep costs of Jake’s treatment. In addition, Stan’s extended family, those in the Judo and BJJ community, set into action to support their friend in his time of need. Read more... http://mmajournalist.blogspot.com/ 

To make a donation go to:

http://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/7v22/jakestaniszewski?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fb_wall&utm_campaign=vanity_page&og_action=hug&fb_ref=811980

4/1/13 11:14 AM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This place has been absolutely amazing the way we come together to help each other in times of need. The support the UG has shown me during my recent breast cancer bullshit blew my mind. I would trade places with Jake in a heart beat. I am hoping we can come together again. If you can't donate, a lot of prayers and positive thoughts are needed. Thanks guys. : )

War Jake and Fuck Cancer!!

Kristen

4/1/13 11:46 AM
RickStorm
1738 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

TTT

4/1/13 11:49 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
4/1/13 11:52 AM
Jason
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin

Stickied :)

4/1/13 11:56 AM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kristin-

You have such a  beautiful heart!  

I am here for you, and I wish I could be there!

4/1/13 12:00 PM
Krs10KO.com

Jason - 

Stickied :)

Thank you!!

4/1/13 12:03 PM
Krs10KO.com

mmavixen - 

Kristin-

Thanks Vix. I don't, I just have been there. I hate the thought of anyone having to go through this hell. Especially a baby. So whatever I can do. I took the first step in starting my own non profit, so cross your fingers!! 

4/1/13 12:19 PM
Jaybrone
444 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Jake. Prayers go out to him and his family. 

4/1/13 12:37 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2537 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your one of the Good ones KRS!! Phone Post 3.0
4/1/13 1:46 PM
I hate links & marketing
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
4/1/13 1:53 PM
caseharts
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be happy to make a shirt and donate all proceeds to the cause. Phone Post
4/1/13 1:55 PM
dMo
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't care if it's stickied.

TTT

FUCK CANCER Phone Post
4/1/13 2:53 PM
RickStorm
1738 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin
caseharts -  I'd be happy to make a shirt and donate all proceeds to the cause. Phone Post

You an awesome dude, dude.... =)

VTFU

4/1/13 2:57 PM
Krs10KO.com

caseharts - I'd be happy to make a shirt and donate all proceeds to the cause. Phone Post
Holy shitballs!! That's awesome. Thank you!! I don't even know where to begin with that. You are awesome!! Phone Post
4/1/13 3:03 PM
Krs10KO.com

UGCTT_El Pescadero - Your one of the Good ones KRS!! Phone Post 3.0
As are you Pescy!!
Dont be mad, but I actually gave your Tap Cancer Out shirt away. And you Caseharts. Im sorry guys. I kind of sort of gave them to Chris Weidman and Gian Villante to represent TCO. Whoops. I'm sorry. I'm getting you guys another one, promise. :) Phone Post
4/1/13 3:21 PM
caseharts
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Krs10KO.com -
caseharts - I'd be happy to make a shirt and donate all proceeds to the cause. Phone Post
Holy shitballs!! That's awesome. Thank you!! I don't even know where to begin with that. You are awesome!! Phone Post
Email me let's set this up. Phone Post
4/1/13 3:22 PM
caseharts

RickStorm -
caseharts -  I'd be happy to make a shirt and donate all proceeds to the cause. Phone Post

You an awesome dude, dude.... =)

VTFU

Thanks. It should be pretty cool to do this I love helping when I can. Phone Post
4/1/13 4:02 PM
Krs10KO.com

caseharts - 
Krs10KO.com -

I have to talk to Mark because he is a very proud man. And Michael Hall had to go behind his back to do the Judo benefit. He did give me permission to do the BJJ one I'm planning. I'll talk to him and get back to you. Jake is not doing well right now, so I have to wait a bit. But you are just so awesome for helping. 

4/1/13 4:06 PM
caseharts

Krs10KO.com -
caseharts - 
Krs10KO.com -

I have to talk to Mark because he is a very proud man. And Michael Hall had to go behind his back to do the Judo benefit. He did give me permission to do the BJJ one I'm planning. I'll talk to him and get back to you. Jake is not doing well right now, so I have to wait a bit. But you are just so awesome for helping. 

Just keep me updated! Phone Post
4/1/13 5:24 PM
TMAMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
I am Very sorry to hear about Jake!!!!!! I will pray for this mighty little warrior!!!
4/1/13 5:33 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2537 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Krs10KO.com -
As are you Pescy!!
Dont be mad, but I actually gave your Tap Cancer Out shirt away. And you Caseharts. Im sorry guys. I kind of sort of gave them to Chris Weidman and Gian Villante to represent TCO. Whoops. I'm sorry. I'm getting you guys another one, promise. :) Phone Post
No worries Chica... Hope all works out for little man. Phone Post 3.0
4/1/13 6:31 PM
Krs10KO.com

UGCTT_El Pescadero -
Krs10KO.com -
As are you Pescy!!
No worries Chica... Hope all works out for little man. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks Pescy. Me too. Phone Post
4/1/13 7:58 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Krs10KO.com - 
mmavixen - 

Kristin-

Thanks Vix. I don't, I just have been there. I hate the thought of anyone having to go through this hell. Especially a baby. So whatever I can do. I took the first step in starting my own non profit, so cross your fingers!! 

You're amazing.  Proud to be your friend...

I'll help in any way I can. :)

4/1/13 8:15 PM
Tat2tillidie
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT and a vote up ... Will spread the word ... Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.