UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> What is strong?

4/19/13 10:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LiftorDie
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jeremy hamilton - ^^^ Ain't nothing going to fix you like doing more deadlifts can. From this angle your deadlift doesn't look bad to me. You just need more practice.

What do your coaches say or have planned out for you? When is your meet?

Meets in two months...Ive got 5 more weeks of doing back twice a week. On back day I start with deadlifts, I usually don't go up to a one rep max, but I did yesterday because one of my coaches lives in a different city now and he wanted a couple videos. go from deadlifts to heavy rackpulls. I rackpull from right below the knee about 600 lbs for 5 or a little more depending on how I feel that day, and I do 5 shrugs at the top (more so for holding the weight in my hands than for the actual shrugs). sets of front squats for hammy development, really light and high reps like 225 for 12s or so. at that point my hands are wrecked for the day, so I use straps for hang snatches, bent over rows, sometime tricep rope face pulls and heavy lat pulls, followed by a couple of bicep movements. in 5 weeks ill go to once a week, and the week before the competition Im not going to lift at all.
4/19/13 10:54 AM
jeremy hamilton
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You have coaches so you should probably listen to them if you like the results you are getting.

That looks like a lot of work to me on one day, and you are doing all of that 2xs a week?

That's the first i've heard of anyone doing Front squat for hamstring development. Your hamstrings are not doing much in a FS.
4/19/13 11:21 AM
LiftorDie
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jeremy hamilton - You have coaches so you should probably listen to them if you like the results you are getting.

That looks like a lot of work to me on one day, and you are doing all of that 2xs a week?

That's the first i've heard of anyone doing Front squat for hamstring development. Your hamstrings are not doing much in a FS.

Frotsquat is almost all hammies and hips is it not? and yes twice a week. thurs and sunday. And I do listen to my coaches, but theya re both very old school and extremely hard headed, which is why I love them. But I like to get differing opinions every now and then. I like to soak up as much knowledge as I can. and btw, I am WilsonBeatmySkinRed I was just the victim of an SN bet gone wrong.
4/19/13 11:29 AM
jeremy hamilton
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is something from Rippetoe's forum on the FS. He's much smarter than I am on the subject.

" In a front squat the hamstrings are shortened by the acute knee angle and open hip angle into a position of almost complete contraction, and cannot be used to make the hips extend since they are already contracted. The extremely vertical back angle is maintained by the glutes and the contracted hamstrings, which function as the primary extensors of the hip in the absence of hamstring involvement. This means that there is little hamstring in a front squat and lots of hamstring in a low-bar back squat."

I figured that about your screen name.

4/20/13 3:57 PM
LiftorDie
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got my original account restored. So still me, but different join date...but anyways. The guys over at LiftBigEatBig program front squats for hamstrong development...Im not the greatest when it comes to kinesiology, and I usually trust Ripp, but Its helped me quite a bit. Since I started front squatting on deadlift day, my hammies have exploded.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.