UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lawlor: Boring Carmont fight bumped me down to FB

4/1/13 5:16 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Paul Putignano caught up with Tom Lawlor ahead of his fight with Michael Kuiper Saturday at UFC on Fuel TV 9 in Stockholm, Sweden.

"I'm kind of like the common man," said Lawlor. "I'm the Dusty Rhodes of the UFC, I guess. I'm not the biggest guy. I'm not the most jacked guy. I'm not the best-looking guy. I try to go in there and try to entertain, try to give it my best every fight. I think people can relate to that."

"If I lose this fight, I won't be fighting in the UFC unless it's the most exciting fight in the history of man. And based on my past fight record, that's probably not going to happen. I pretty much have to walk out with a win to keep my job."

"The Carmont fight, not even the fact that I lost, the fact that the fight was pretty crappy to watch and pretty much boring, not a lot of action, I think hurt me more than the loss itself. If you look at my spot on the (UFC on Fuel TV 9) card, I'm the second fight of the night. I just went from being on a pay-per-view card that did pretty well as far as pay-per-view buys go - I think that was based purely on the fact I was on the card. The fight was so boring they shoved me down onto Facebook."

"I expect to have my job after this. I expect to walk out with my hand raised."

Read entire article...

4/1/13 5:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at the ppv joke. Good luck Tom. Phone Post
4/1/13 5:24 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BadMon -

he got robbed vs Carmont.

Hometown decision.

Yup.

Carmont, winner via nationality. Phone Post
4/1/13 5:28 PM
DreamSTi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great attitude to have...
4/1/13 5:29 PM
Bill Pharoni
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is an absolute travesty. Lawlor is the biggest draw the UFC has. I expect this signals the beginning of the end for them.
4/1/13 5:30 PM
Mat Santos
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't sell yourself short, you are a handsome devil. Do work homie!!
4/1/13 5:31 PM
Card
2001 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for the Shockmaster

4/1/13 6:29 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
810 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mat Santos - Don't sell yourself short, you are a handsome devil. Do work homie!!

True dat. War Filthy!

4/1/13 6:43 PM
Skip2MyLou
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hoping for a Swedish flavoured entrance from the filthy one this weekend Phone Post 3.0
4/1/13 6:48 PM
ChaosOverkill
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a Montrealler I am not happy Tom is on Fecesbook, he was robbed vs Carmont and despite sometimes not being in stellar fights I still want to see him fight because he's a great personality for the sport and has performed excitingly just find in the past

4/1/13 6:59 PM
Poindexter
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win this. WIn it good.

4/1/13 8:25 PM
TheBigBadBootyDaddy
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/01/13 8:25 PM

Tom takes this fight.

4/1/13 8:50 PM
MachidasBrew

If they cut him, the UFC can just go fuck themselves. Phone Post 3.0
4/1/13 8:52 PM
Hammerfister
420 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was there. Entire crowd, French Canadian, French, and not French were all confused with that decision. Phone Post
4/1/13 9:39 PM
ShakaFerreira
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Filthy! He's one of my favorite fighters. Phone Post
4/1/13 9:41 PM
rampageforpresident

On a more positive note, I'll actually be pumped for the facebook prelims....which is rare. lawlor all day
4/1/13 9:47 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
810 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rampageforpresident - On a more positive note, I'll actually be pumped for the facebook prelims....which is rare. lawlor all day
Yup plus Brimage/McGregor. Awesome! Phone Post 3.0
4/1/13 11:51 PM
TheBigBadBootyDaddy
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Skip2MyLou - Hoping for a Swedish flavoured entrance from the filthy one this weekend Phone Post 3.0

What are you suggesting?  The chef from the Muppets?

4/2/13 12:10 AM
LoganClark
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I assumed it was going to be ABBA themed.
4/2/13 12:21 AM
Seats Taken
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheBigBadBootyDaddy - 
Skip2MyLou - Hoping for a Swedish flavoured entrance from the filthy one this weekend Phone Post 3.0

What are you suggesting?  The chef from the Muppets?

That would be hilarious

4/2/13 12:34 AM
Gomrad
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TIME FOR FILTHY WAR!!!! Phone Post
4/2/13 10:48 AM
Lurker of the Year 2007 and 2008
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He'll have the crowd eating out of his hand if he comes out wearing a Henrik Lundqvist goalie mask and jersey.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.