UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ariel scolds wanderlei

4/2/13 7:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jone2tone
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ariel's just mad that he bought it. If you needed to go to DFW to figure out that wasn't real, and you're supposed to be a journalist.... Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 7:52 AM
FearTheClown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BiggRiggWreckedGQ - 
FearTheClown -

I just checked his page and he re-tweeted a guy with the message basically saying he's gonna get revenge on the people who pranked him by making up shit about them after today is over

so petty

Lol at "some guy"... That was our very own JohnJoe but I'm sure no one will talk shit to him about it.

People get upset and lash out all the time when a story is misreported or is incorrect. So wtf are journalists supposed to do on 4/1 when half their peers are putting out false reports and stories, and they're trying to wade through the bullshit and do their jobs?

Y'all might have some legs to stand on on certain problems with Ariel, but attempting to report genuine news shouldn't be one of them Phone Post 3.0

lmao, the plight of the journalist on april fools day. My heart goes out to them, god bless their souls.

4/2/13 8:21 AM
MattyECB
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FearTheClown - 
BiggRiggWreckedGQ - 
FearTheClown -

I just checked his page and he re-tweeted a guy with the message basically saying he's gonna get revenge on the people who pranked him by making up shit about them after today is over

so petty

Lol at "some guy"... That was our very own JohnJoe but I'm sure no one will talk shit to him about it.

People get upset and lash out all the time when a story is misreported or is incorrect. So wtf are journalists supposed to do on 4/1 when half their peers are putting out false reports and stories, and they're trying to wade through the bullshit and do their jobs?

Y'all might have some legs to stand on on certain problems with Ariel, but attempting to report genuine news shouldn't be one of them Phone Post 3.0

lmao, the plight of the journalist on april fools day. My heart goes out to them, god bless their souls.

lol exactly, I think Ariel gets way too much shit, especially on the UG, but this is such a Grinchy thing to whine about. Not a big thing at all and I'm not gonna be melodramatic and say I dislike him now, but kinda lame

It's like how he always jokes about fighters on his show being lucky to be with him... Ppl are asses when they complain imo, cus it's his show and he's just joking aorund, but sometimes he takes the cult of personality jokes a bit far. I know he doesn't mean it, but I hope Ariel just stays proud of how far he's gotten and never gets too big for his britches
4/2/13 8:53 AM
BROTHER WISDOM
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont hate Ariel but he is in no position if authority to scold fighters. This isnt too bad but the CroCop situation was a bit much and he needed to be checked for that.
He needs to take a step back, take a deep breath and remember that if it werent for the fighters he wouldnt have the job he has now. He needs them. They have absolutely no use for him
4/2/13 9:06 AM
Breezah'sPowerBottom
805 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ariel Helwani is a fucking dickhole. Get a sense of humor you friggin shitbird.

4/2/13 9:06 AM
Card
1991 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

April 1st is the worst... might as well stay off the internet.

4/2/13 9:08 AM
Bloody Pregnancy Fluids
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAND CAN APRIL FOOLS YOU ANY DAY OF THE FUCKING YEAR.

BECAUSE HE IS FUCKING WAND.
4/2/13 9:14 AM
Garv
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightersbook.com, Get Connected

I've always like Ariel, but over time it seems that he's more focused on the negatives than the positives of MMA.  I remember one interview with Forrest Griffin where Ariel said that he had to pinch himself to believe he was really standing next to Forrest.  That sense of wonder is totally gone now and it shows.

Ariel says that his job is a dream job, and it is, but then there are moments like UFC 158 when he was publically humiliated by Dana White.  It was hard to watch.  Ariel's face said it all.  But what can you do?  When you get sat down by Dana, you sit down like Ariel did.  But that's gotta be frustrating, and I think it's starting to show when he can't laugh at a harmless Wand joke. 

4/2/13 9:15 AM
Frank Mir Cat
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seats Taken - 

Pump your brakes kid, that mans a national treasure

VU

You about to cross some fuckin' lines.
4/2/13 9:15 AM
Frank Mir Cat
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seats Taken - 

Pump your brakes kid, that mans a national treasure

VU

You about to cross some fuckin' lines.
4/2/13 9:19 AM
EckY
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ariel needs to know his place and stfu sometimes
4/2/13 9:25 AM
FearTheClown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/02/13 9:25 AM
Garv - 

I've always like Ariel, but over time it seems that he's more focused on the negatives than the positives of MMA.  I remember one interview with Forrest Griffin where Ariel said that he had to pinch himself to believe he was really standing next to Forrest.  That sense of wonder is totally gone now and it shows.

Ariel says that his job is a dream job, and it is, but then there are moments like UFC 158 when he was publically humiliated by Dana White.  It was hard to watch.  Ariel's face said it all.  But what can you do?  When you get sat down by Dana, you sit down like Ariel did.  But that's gotta be frustrating, and I think it's starting to show when he can't laugh at a harmless Wand joke. 

his mindset seems more like a womans, being more focused on the gossip and drama, rather than the actual athletes and the sport itself.

4/2/13 9:27 AM
FearTheClown

and of course the people who defend him lap that shit up they obviously love all them celebrity gossip magazines too

4/2/13 9:32 AM
Breezah'sPowerBottom
805 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Garv - 

What happened at 158? I missed it and I've been out of the loop

4/2/13 9:47 AM
john joe
391 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/02/13 9:51 AM
Fighters Only, web/editorial
BiggRiggWreckedGQ - 
FearTheClown -

so petty

that was indeed me :)

i guess depending the tone of voice you read it, it might come off different ways but i forget not everyone 'knows' me like that. Of course that comment was a joke, in exactly the same vein as the original april fool's jokes. In the same thread i was posting threats about storming his office and snapping all his pencils in retaliation - i hope nobody called 911.

I wouldnt get all butthurt about someone spinning me an MMA news yarn.  Its not like reporting on atrocities in Syria or the state of the automobile industry, something that actually seriously affects people's lives.

There again, i am not really one of the industry frontrunners in breaking news, i break things periodically but im not in the same league as some others. If youve got a near 100% average and some fucks that up for you with some annual lying day, i can see how you'd get pissed off with it. Especially as April 1 just literally fills your inbox with utter nonsense shit. April 1 would be by far the best day to invade a western country - everyone ignores the news for 24hrs.

MMA news is only entertainment/sports news so if Wand is having us all on then i will laugh - but i will also post a spread of the gayest looking pictures of him post-facelift and the on-file pic we have of him at FO in a delightful baby-pink sweater and glasses. Photoshop a rainbow flag in there too. And snap his pencils.

4/2/13 9:50 AM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Garv - 

Good post.

4/2/13 9:52 AM
Rox19
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A few years ago I said I was gonna fight cyborg, and within two minutes, like 20 ppl had retweeted it, haha Phone Post
4/2/13 9:52 AM
Garv
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Breezah'sPowerBottom - 
Garv - 

What happened at 158? I missed it and I've been out of the loop

4/2/13 9:53 AM
john joe
391 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/02/13 9:57 AM
Fighters Only, web/editorial
Garv - I've always like Ariel, but over time it seems that he's more focused on the negatives than the positives of MMA.  I remember one interview with Forrest Griffin where Ariel said that he had to pinch himself to believe he was really standing next to Forrest.  That sense of wonder is totally gone now and it shows.

it is extremely hard to maintain a sense of wonder though, when you move from the audience or partial exposure to 24-hour exposure and a front row seat on how exactly the rabbit gets put in the hat. After a couple of years of that, the rabbit in the hat trick loses its shine.

i'll admit to being a little jaded myself; i think its all gotten far too TMZ and every 'bitter rivalry' is just another script from the Wolf Ticket Dept. , it gets old. "It was all just hype for the fight guys!" - yeah we know, we've seen this trick 100s of times now.

personally I think MMA has lost too much of the martial arts focus, theres a mystique to fighting and to martial arts which has been edged out in favor of mohawk wankers shitting on each other and people making WWE- smacktalk speeches for the gullible masses

Cliff notes: rabbits, wolf tickets

4/2/13 10:20 AM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/02/13 11:17 AM
BiggRiggWreckedGQ -
FearTheClown -

so petty

How about they behave like actual journalists instead of spoonfed babies and actually verify stories from multiple sources? Phone Post 3.0

4/2/13 10:27 AM
Garv

John Joe, you make legit points.  But there are some fighters, like Wand, who transcend MMA.  Know matter how jaded a reporter has become, he needs to show the proper respect or look for another career imo.

4/2/13 10:28 AM
Chappie
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Considering the fact that Ariel has bitched out on numerous occassions publically to DW, I am sure that he would down right shit himself if asked about his comments in person by Wanderlie. Phone Post
4/2/13 11:50 AM
neonbelly
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think "expressing frustration" would be more accurate.
4/2/13 11:57 AM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Garv -

90% of people on This forum only focus on the negative bullshit.

Wow is this thread real life?

Are you muppets really bitching about him saying to stop making April Fools Jokes.

It really is quite amazing Phone Post
4/2/13 11:57 AM
ramaham
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ariel vs wandy!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.