UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ariel scolds wanderlei

4/2/13 7:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
behzad
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"MMA news is only entertainment/sports news so if Wand is having us all on then i will laugh - but i will also post a spread of the gayest looking pictures of him post-facelift and the on-file pic we have of him at FO in a delightful baby-pink sweater and glasses. Photoshop a rainbow flag in there too. And snap his pencils."

I don't understand the butthurt. Really.

Other then wanderlai pranking that he was fighting mousasi did he do anything else ? Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 7:43 PM
behzad

Gonna read thread brb Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 8:20 PM
behzad

Butthurt. Powertripping. Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 8:30 PM
john joe
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
behzad - "MMA news is only entertainment/sports news so if Wand is having us all on then i will laugh - but i will also post a spread of the gayest looking pictures of him post-facelift and the on-file pic we have of him at FO in a delightful baby-pink sweater and glasses. Photoshop a rainbow flag in there too. And snap his pencils."

Other then wanderlai pranking that he was fighting mousasi did he do anything else ? Phone Post 3.0

you cant be serious??? are you seriously trying to tell me that you took my post as an actual statement of intent?

no, it wasnt and isnt.

where do you live?
4/2/13 8:43 PM
behzad

john joe -
behzad - "MMA news is only entertainment/sports news so if Wand is having us all on then i will laugh - but i will also post a spread of the gayest looking pictures of him post-facelift and the on-file pic we have of him at FO in a delightful baby-pink sweater and glasses. Photoshop a rainbow flag in there too. And snap his pencils."

you cant be serious??? are you seriously trying to tell me that you took my post as an actual statement of intent?

no, it wasnt and isnt.

where do you live?
I guess the snap his pencils part was supposed to negate the entire other really specific and plausible part ?

I guess I don't know you or ur humour.

What does where I live matter ? Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 10:24 PM
Poindexter
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was 1985 a big year for April Fools?

4/2/13 10:28 PM
TopChute
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get confirmation from multiple sources, stop being lazy, Ariel.

4/3/13 12:44 AM
Juicymma
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate April fools. I work as a freelance tech blogger, and I just said fuck it and took the day off cause 90 of news yesterday was bullshit April fools crap and I didn't feel like sifting through the fakes. Phone Post 3.0
4/3/13 5:46 AM
ViciousCesar
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I generally like Helwani, but here he is coming off like a whiny prick.
4/3/13 7:51 AM
FearTheClown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

behzad - 
john joe -

no, it wasnt and isnt.

where do you live?
I guess the snap his pencils part was supposed to negate the entire other really specific and plausible part ?

think he wants to come to your house and throw down bro

4/3/13 8:07 AM
parker2004

Brigham - Ariel needs to lighten up. I'm a fan of his but he's acting like a butt hurt baby Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post
4/3/13 9:11 AM
El Toro UK
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ariel loves doing his Steven Seagal piss take interviews and providing people with a platform to poke fun at other fighters on his show all year round.

He can't act all butt hurt on April Fools. Phone Post 3.0
4/3/13 10:54 AM
john joe
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
FearTheClown - 
behzad - 
john joe -

no, it wasnt and isnt.

where do you live?

LET ME BANG BRO

nah i was just curious; Brits would have clocked it but maybe it doesnt translate well to US sense of humor or whatever.
4/3/13 2:45 PM
othree
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember when I thought Ariel was this nerdy goofy MMA journalist, and I actually enjoyed seeing his interviews.

I'm not sure what has changed, but he's turned into quite the doucher.

4/3/13 3:27 PM
kevsh
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/03/13 3:27 PM
Poindexter - 

For Ariel it was. That was the year his friends told him that they had front row tickets to a Duran Duran concert, only to find out it was a prank. Considering his outburst at Wanderlei, Ariel has never recovered.

4/3/13 4:20 PM
The National

Ariel - you upset coz you get trolled? You silly silly bitch
4/3/13 5:29 PM
LotionInTheBasket
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd vote up Wand if I could. God forbid a journalist might have to check his facts.

Do your fucking job and like it bitch, or someone else will get the privilege of a decent paying job looking for information about a sport they love. Phone Post 3.0
4/3/13 5:45 PM
behzad

john joe -
FearTheClown - 
behzad - 
john joe -

no, it wasnt and isnt.

where do you live?

LET ME BANG BRO

nah i was just curious; Brits would have clocked it but maybe it doesnt translate well to US sense of humor or whatever.
If its British. And its not Mr.Bean. Its not for me sir. Phone Post 3.0
4/3/13 6:27 PM
CindyO

Morbid_Messiah - 
john joe - 
BiggRiggWreckedGQ - 
FearTheClown -

I just checked his page and he re-tweeted a guy with the message basically saying he's gonna get revenge on the people who pranked him by making up shit about them after today is over

so petty

Lol at "some guy"... That was our very own JohnJoe but I'm sure no one will talk shit to him about it.

People get upset and lash out all the time when a story is misreported or is incorrect. So wtf are journalists supposed to do on 4/1 when half their peers are putting out false reports and stories, and they're trying to wade through the bullshit and do their jobs?

Y'all might have some legs to stand on on certain problems with Ariel, but attempting to report genuine news shouldn't be one of them Phone Post 3.0

that was indeed me :)

i guess depending the tone of voice you read it, it might come off different ways but i forget not everyone 'knows' me like that. Of course that comment was a joke, in exactly the same vein as the original april fool's jokes. In the same thread i was posting threats about storming his office and snapping all his pencils in retaliation - i hope nobody called 911.

I wouldnt get all butthurt about someone spinning me an MMA news yarn.  Its not like reporting on atrocities in Syria or the state of the automobile industry, something that actually seriously affects people's lives.

There again, i am not really one of the industry frontrunners in breaking news, i break things periodically but im not in the same league as some others. If youve got a near 100% average and some fucks that up for you with some annual lying day, i can see how you'd get pissed off with it. Especially as April 1 just literally fills your inbox with utter nonsense shit. April 1 would be by far the best day to invade a western country - everyone ignores the news for 24hrs.

MMA news is only entertainment/sports news so if Wand is having us all on then i will laugh - but i will also post a spread of the gayest looking pictures of him post-facelift and the on-file pic we have of him at FO in a delightful baby-pink sweater and glasses. Photoshop a rainbow flag in there too. And snap his pencils.

^ Damage control ^

Seems to me you are very biased and also judgementals of fighters.
I thought journalists were meant to report news objectively.

As a fight fan I don't care much to hear your opinions, I want you to tell me what's goin on in the fight industry/business, period. I'm not gonma say that I wish they took u off air and shit like that cus obviously U have a family to provide for but your opinions shouldn't taint your reporting.
Is like your acting as more of a critique than a reporter now a days

Seems to me you are very biased and also judgementals of fighters.

Examples please?

I'm not gonma say that I wish they took u off air and shit like that cus obviously U have a family to provide for but your opinions shouldn't taint your reporting.

Examples, please.

Cindy

4/3/13 9:46 PM
Suplush
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was it April fools when Ariel promised Reem an iPad? Phone Post
4/4/13 11:10 AM
Garv
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ban April 1st, Please!
CindyO - 
Garv - 

John Joe, you make legit points.  But there are some fighters, like Wand, who transcend MMA.  Know matter how jaded a reporter has become, he needs to show the proper respect or look for another career imo.

This is so true. Had AH been talking about someone other than Wandy I wouldn't really care... but Wandy is Wandy=)

Cindy

CindyO!!

4/4/13 5:08 PM
SmileyNY1985
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lmao @ a reporter getting mad at Wand. Reporter probably thinks he's bigger. Phone Post
4/4/13 5:14 PM
Nocturnus

DamnSevern -
Garv -

I've always like Ariel, but over time it seems that he's more focused on the negatives than the positives of MMA.  I remember one interview with Forrest Griffin where Ariel said that he had to pinch himself to believe he was really standing next to Forrest.  That sense of wonder is totally gone now and it shows.

Ariel says that his job is a dream job, and it is, but then there are moments like UFC 158 when he was publically humiliated by Dana White.  It was hard to watch.  Ariel's face said it all.  But what can you do?  When you get sat down by Dana, you sit down like Ariel did.  But that's gotta be frustrating, and I think it's starting to show when he can't laugh at a harmless Wand joke. 

90% of people on This forum only focus on the negative bullshit.

Wow is this thread real life?

Are you muppets really bitching about him saying to stop making April Fools Jokes.

It really is quite amazing Phone Post
Go back to your sewing circle, hen. Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 5:19 PM
Poindexter
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kevsh - 
Poindexter - 

For Ariel it was. That was the year his friends told him that they had front row tickets to a Duran Duran concert, only to find out it was a prank. Considering his outburst at Wanderlei, Ariel has never recovered.

Voted up.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.