UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tiki vs. Bob Cook

4/2/13 9:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bob is a great dude, but if he forgot his shorts and just trained in his Lee jeans you were screwed

Real life Buddy Lee, you can't escape Bobs triangle when he had his jeans on
4/2/13 9:13 AM
Scott Rotem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My buddy and I used to crack the F*CK up at Crazy Bob's pre-fight interview. Shit, was hilarious.
4/2/13 9:18 AM
Big Pun
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was a great fight. Remember everyone talking about the Crazy Bob Special before the fight? Tiki looked like he was 50lbs heavier than Bob. Bob was tiny next to Tiki. Bob "retired" because athletic commissions would not give him licensing due to his eye. Even one eyed Bob was more than most fighters could handle back then.
4/2/13 9:20 AM
Fabes
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Bob is crazy skilled.

4/2/13 9:21 AM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Crazy Bob special was a calf slicer/knee separator, he loved that move
4/2/13 9:22 AM
Big Pun
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bob is really soft spoken. He has a serial killer kind of calmness. In 20 years when we find a mountain of bodies that were offed full on Dexter style you will come to this thread and realize I was right. Just sayin'. Luckily, now that I have stated this openly and it is on record I am now safe because he would not want any unnecessary attention drawn to himself.
4/2/13 9:24 AM
Big Pun

liquidrob - The Crazy Bob special was a calf slicer/knee separator, he loved that move

Yeah he showed us at the event. Back then they weren't superstars. They were just regular people walking around the hotel and hanging out at the bar. We also learned that Bas Rutten cannot drink 27 Heinekens and still hold his liquor. Also, John Lober cannot successfully karate chop a beer bottle in half. Turns out it's more like slashing a beer bottle...and your hand.
4/2/13 9:26 AM
liquidrob

My favorite Bob story is when he leg kicked a horse

One of his horses started going nuts and tried to strike him with his front legs, Bob SHOULDER ROLLED to avoid the strikes and than Thai kicked the horse in the leg and than it just stopped

Mountain man stuff

4/2/13 9:32 AM
Hammerfister
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More Crazy Bob stories please! I just emailed Javier Mendez asking him to put me in touch with Bob so I can interview him for the UG.
-Jack Brown Phone Post
4/2/13 9:54 AM
Cojendo
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -
Voted up! So much win in that video. I should watch again with a notepad. Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 10:02 AM
Machine250
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great stuff
4/2/13 11:08 AM
Samoa
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I interviewed Bob, Frank, Jerry B, and David (Velasquez?) at that event. You would think Bob was talking about something as exciting as winding his watch. At the time the rumor was Bohlander v Belfort so Jerry was all pumped up. Lol, Bohlander was the red that night with Lions Den Fighters on the card. The promoter asked me to supervise the weigh ins......in a hotel fitness center and a non certified scale. Ah, the good old days. Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 12:14 PM
fightsfan
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I remember that fight. TIKI going by one name , Bob Cook was a well rounded beast.

But Classic UFC event with a young Bruce Buffer, Big John McCarthy in his peak buff form with his IFC shirt. Goldberg and Jeff Blatnik announcing. Tito and Frank Shamrock in opposing corners....this clip had it all.

What event, time frame was this fight from?
4/2/13 12:30 PM
Big Pun

It was the card where Randleman KO'd himself backstage
4/2/13 12:48 PM
Hammerfister
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightsfan - Yeah I remember that fight. TIKI going by one name , Bob Cook was a well rounded beast.

But Classic UFC event with a young Bruce Buffer, Big John McCarthy in his peak buff form with his IFC shirt. Goldberg and Jeff Blatnik announcing. Tito and Frank Shamrock in opposing corners....this clip had it all.

What event, time frame was this fight from?
UFC 24. I was watching it last night at the gym on my ipod. Good stuff. Phone Post
4/2/13 1:05 PM
AristidesBrito
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
4/2/13 1:13 PM
BigRandyG
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tt for later! Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 1:16 PM
liquidrob

Crazy Bob is p4p one of the strongest guys I have ever met, I truely believe he would have been a champ at 170, he could have even made 155 but that wasn't a big division or really an option back than if I can remember correctly

Bob vs Pat would have been great
4/2/13 1:21 PM
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When i watched this event a month ago, it inspired me to make a thread about it.

It only got 2 replies, so maybe some of you can add input to it if this thread prompted you to go and rewatch it.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2144320

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

4/2/13 1:26 PM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GREAT post! Thanks. And holy shit at how young Buffer looks! I love re-watching these old shows.
4/2/13 1:29 PM
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck it, here's my input

D241 - Tito Ortiz was actually excellent

as a guest commentator.

It is like night and day, and it got me thinking/wondering/worrying about Tito.

At UFC 24 he didn't try to rush out his words, he didn't stutter at all, the only criticisms I could find was only one time where he said "it was almost close" and even then that was me trying to find an error. 

I cant help but wonder if all the punches and hits he took has affected how he speaks. I know UFC is on a much higher platform now than it was then, but I don't attribute "extra pressure" weighing on him, as he is someone who grew big along with the UFC. He's used to the limelight.

Does anyone else notice that Tito has become much worse in regards to his communication skills?

He hasn't always seemed so nervous and in a rush.

4/2/13 1:34 PM
MountainMedic
654 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

liquidrob - Crazy Bob = A Bad Bad Man
They called him crazy bob for a reason. He didn't try to win fights, he tried to fuck you up... winning was just a byproduct of that.

Yes, a truly bad man. Different breed. Phone Post
4/2/13 2:27 PM
Big Pun

uhhh they called him Crazy Bob because he drove a really freaking long way to train
4/2/13 2:27 PM
Big Pun

...and he's probably a serial killer
4/2/13 2:30 PM
liquidrob

MountainMedic - 
liquidrob - Crazy Bob = A Bad Bad Man
They called him crazy bob for a reason. He didn't try to win fights, he tried to fuck you up... winning was just a byproduct of that.

Yes, a truly bad man. Different breed. Phone Post

It was for driving like 2 1/2 hours to come train

But that works too, lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.