UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pearson: Couture 'not on my level'

4/1/13 10:14 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Ross Pearson is scheduled to fight Ryan Couture at this Saturday's UFC on Fuel TV 9 in Stockholm, Sweden. The british lightweight veteran recently spoke to MMAFighting and discussed why he felt a victory was certain:

"I definitely feel he's going to come in prepared, I definitely think it's going to be the best Ryan Couture we've seen, but no, I don't think he’s on my level," he said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "I don't think he’s fought the level of competition I've fought. I don't think he's been fighting UFC-caliber guys forever, really, so no, I don't think he’s on my level. If things go to plan he won't last very long in there with me.

"I'm not taking him lightly," he continued. "I'm not overlooking anything. I'm preparing for a tough fight. I know Ryan's durable. I know Ryan can take a shot, and I know Ryan's game. So he brings some threats to the table. I just got to be on my A-game, sharp, strong. Knowing how powerful I hit and how fit and strong I am and letting him know how much I want to fight. I've got to own this fight and I've got to perform well, show him what the UFC is all about."

read entire article...

4/1/13 10:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
It's refreshing to see a fighter giving an honest opinion instead of just talking smack.
4/1/13 10:22 PM
MMOZ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pearson is right, I see no way that Couture wins this fight. Phone Post 3.0
4/1/13 10:33 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - It's refreshing to see a fighter giving an honest opinion instead of just talking smack.

Pearson is a classy guy so it isn't surprising he said something good
4/1/13 10:34 PM
The Nastyness

I'm guessing they booked this one to get back at Randy somehow. Pearson for your first UFC fight? He might not have the best record, but it's obvious that there's no way in hell Couture is getting him down or submitting him. Ryan is going to get punched in the face, a lot. Good luck to him though.
4/1/13 10:45 PM
rrg1

The Nastyness - I'm guessing they booked this one to get back at Randy somehow. Pearson for your first UFC fight? He might not have the best record, but it's obvious that there's no way in hell Couture is getting him down or submitting him. Ryan is going to get punched in the face, a lot. Good luck to him though.

THIS

Dana knows what he's doing lol.

Randy is going to be too happy watching his son get KO'd.
4/1/13 10:57 PM
HossPearson
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMOZ - Pearson is right, I see no way that Couture wins this fight. Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post 3.0
4/1/13 11:05 PM
Brabatross

I predict Couture by split decision.
4/2/13 12:11 AM
Batarnaque
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ten eight round -  Pearson is legit.

And in this case he's also correct. Phone Post

I completely agree with Ross too, it's a humongous step in competition. MASSIVE step up. Feels like Mendes vs. McKenzie all over again...

I can honestly say I have only seen Ryan's last two fights but I can't see this one getting past the second round. Pearson by blatant superiority... but I'd LOVE to be proven wrong. It would be a hell of a story.
4/2/13 1:18 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Ross is a higher caliber fighter. As far as how they match up, I actually think Ryan is gonna pose a lot of problems for Ross.

4/2/13 1:26 AM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

I kinda disagree. I like ryan!
4/2/13 1:34 AM
Public got Bigg Riggd

Hespect Phone Post
4/2/13 1:48 AM
UGSlapshot

Bah, he's not on Coutures level on the ground but Ross might be too good for Ryan to take down.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Couture finish him if he could get him down.

I'm not saying he should win but I see ways he could. Phone Post
4/2/13 2:14 AM
puddin1414

BadMon -

ryan couture couldn't take KJ down once.

Kj couldn't finish Ryan, good fight IMO, Randy takes it Phone Post
4/2/13 2:24 AM
puddin1414

BadMon -
puddin1414 - 
BadMon -

KJ doesn't have 1 punch KO power but he had Ryan on queer street numerous times.

btw KJ won that fight on everyone's card except the 2 judges.

So your saying Ryan won..... Phone Post
4/2/13 2:38 AM
DoomFarmer
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was a god awful decision and KJ should have won that fight.

Pearson, easily. Phone Post
4/2/13 6:34 AM
Megatherium
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin".

Dueteronomy 24:16
4/2/13 6:39 AM
Megatherium
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.

Ezekiel 18:20
4/2/13 6:59 AM
Dogman

puddin1414 - 
BadMon -
puddin1414 - 
BadMon -

KJ doesn't have 1 punch KO power but he had Ryan on queer street numerous times.

btw KJ won that fight on everyone's card except the 2 judges.

So your saying Ryan won..... Phone Post

Did you even watch the fight???? Very bad decision.
4/2/13 7:38 AM
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can see Ross laying down a beating on you Couture and Dana paying him handsomely for it. Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 11:23 AM
chaplinshouse
787 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pearson is right.  This is a tough matchup for Ryan.  Maybe Dana is sticking it to Randy

4/2/13 11:32 AM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - 
Pancake Syrup - 
Immaculata - It's refreshing to see a fighter giving an honest opinion instead of just talking smack.

People hate on G-Sot,but it was Pearson driving around drunk...so classy

Dear god how dare someone make a mistake grrr
4/2/13 11:46 AM
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero -
Pancake Syrup - 

People hate on G-Sot,but it was Pearson driving around drunk...so classy
GSots felt the same way you did about this, so he sucker punched Ross's teammate....That'll teach him!

Classy Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 5:01 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan will poke Pearson in the chest.

He will collapse and the fight will have to be stopped and awarded as a KO win to Ryan Couture.

Pearson will grab the mic and call in a few guys.

Followed by Bellator music blasting.

Randy hits the cage, Ross stares him down before ripping off his sponsor shirt to expose a Bellator t-shirt.

Ross says, "We're taking over" and Randy adds "It's gonna get extreme." followed by Ryan who says, "Yeah. Xtreme Couture!"

They all leave to fans tossing trash. Phone Post
4/2/13 5:08 PM
Pancake Syrup

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Ryan will poke Pearson in the chest.

He will collapse and the fight will have to be stopped and awarded as a KO win to Ryan Couture.

Pearson will grab the mic and call in a few guys.

Followed by Bellator music blasting.

Randy hits the cage, Ross stares him down before ripping off his sponsor shirt to expose a Bellator t-shirt.

Ross says, "We're taking over" and Randy adds "It's gonna get extreme." followed by Ryan who says, "Yeah. Xtreme Couture!"

They all leave to fans tossing trash. Phone Post

....the hell lol?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.