UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones: Sonnen my weakest opponent to date

4/2/13 11:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/02/13 12:05 PM
face to foot technique - 
Zed Wayne Zed - Are there any other Jones' fans on here?

I feel like I might be like the only one?

Man, Sonnen has a TON of fans, cray.
Im a big fan of jones, his talent is undeniable, and after watching him on tuf on a more personal level I think hes gained alot of fans. People have to understand how young he is, he will grow out of the cockiness I think Phone Post

I find calling Jones out on cockiness hilarious considering some of the things Chael says.

4/2/13 12:06 PM
Æsbiorn von Øystæin
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR SONNEN!!!!
4/2/13 12:06 PM
Neil McCauley

sonnen would have tapped to the vitor armbar, no doubt about it. Jon jones has more heart.
4/2/13 12:07 PM
Wovito

Does Chael get to take TRT for this fight?
4/2/13 12:11 PM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 -
Willin - 

It's amazing how people act like Chael has a mental deficiency to find a way to lose. He has an incredible wrestling record. He's fought tons of guys and won most minutes of each fight he's been in.

When he fought the best fighter alive, Anderson, he won for for 23 minutes straight via hard work and was exhausted when he got caught by a submission. He was effectively the WEC Middleweight champion but didn't officially receive a belt because Paulo Filho was a bum who couldn't make weight.

Chael doesn't have an issue with finding a way to lose. He constantly challenges himself more than the vast majority of fighters and occasionally gets caught in a submission. Oh well.

It's because of his dominance that people question his mental makeup. Chael has at least half-a-dozen losses on his record where he was flat out dominating his opponent before pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. He's like the NFL quarterback who is known for throwing fourth quarter interceptions or the MLB relief pitcher who dominates in middle relief but sucks as a closer. There is something in his mental makeup that prevents him from succeeding in big moments.

Also, there is nothing 'occasional' about Sonnen getting caught in a submission. 67% of his losses and 20% of his fights overall end in him getting caught in submission. That's 'on the regular', not 'on occasion'.
Or... he's just not as good as Anderson Silva? Or as good at BJJ as Demian Maia?

What a fucking fascinating concept, I know. Phone Post
4/2/13 12:11 PM
pennviachoke
1225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nitecrawler - WAR SONNEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This

Nobody thought that Chael would do what he did to AS in the first fight..Jones needs to understand that Chael is a threat-anybody at that level is- and he better hold at least an ounce of repsect for Chaels ability. Phone Post
4/2/13 12:16 PM
Stea1th

I can't wait to see jones get beat down but I don't think Sonnen will be the guy to do it. Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 12:21 PM
TheHaunted2

Bones speaks the truth Phone Post
4/2/13 12:22 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 04/02/13 12:22 PM
pennviachoke - 
This

Nobody thought that Chael would do what he did to AS in the first fight..Jones needs to understand that Chael is a threat-anybody at that level is- and he better hold at least an ounce of repsect for Chaels ability. Phone Post

He would be a threat if his primary weapon wasn't useless against Jones. Anderson doesn't have Jones's wrestling, he just has everything else.

This is a style matchup and Chael is on the recieiving end.

4/2/13 12:27 PM
SQUEEZIE

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 

I'm also surprised nobody has called out UG Blog on their bogus title. Where did Jones says "Sonnen my weakest opponent to date"? We all know Chael would beat more than half of the guys on Jones' record anyway.

good one,lol. you cant really believe that...o your serious? hahahahahahahahaha
4/2/13 12:34 PM
SQUEEZIE

Chaelismyhero - 
Zed Wayne Zed - Are there any other Jones' fans on here?

I feel like I might be like the only one?

Man, Sonnen has a TON of fans, cray.

Jon is very fake and cocky...people dont like that

yet...Chael is your hero. says he is champ and has beat everyone.fake persona,fake belt, fake fans.

but Bones is the fake and cocky one? sonnenites always good for some chuckles.
4/2/13 12:41 PM
Lazer MMA

pennviachoke - 
This

LMFAO

Crazy shit to bring this up with a 17:1 T/E ratio! IMO

At the end of the day I could not bet the rematch because of this fact!

Moreover, Sonnen to face a much better wrestler here. Even if JBJ spends some time on his back, so F'In what? !!!

4/2/13 12:46 PM
Phisher

Tebow Worships Satan - This is true.

So why is this fight happening?

Because this guy wants it to.

4/2/13 12:47 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, no way Chael is a weaker opponent than Shogun with his current knees or that gift fight Jones got with Rampage, or Vitor on like 2 weeks notice. I think Chael has a better chance than Rashad did too, since Chael won't just sit back and get hit. If anyone at 205 can get inside that reach and put Jones on his back it will be Chael. Phone Post
4/2/13 12:49 PM
pennviachoke
1225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't get me wrong...jbj is gonna win but Chael has a chance. You're a moran if u don't think Chael could win Phone Post
4/2/13 12:53 PM
TheHebrewHammer
465 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seats Taken - I'm pulling for Chael with all my will, but Chael will start out strong and look awesome... Then, he will do something INCREDIBLY stupid and get finished. Phone Post 3.0
You can bet your house on this happening Phone Post
4/2/13 1:02 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SQUEEZIE -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 

I'm also surprised nobody has called out UG Blog on their bogus title. Where did Jones says "Sonnen my weakest opponent to date"? We all know Chael would beat more than half of the guys on Jones' record anyway.

Jones has 12 UFC fights. I'm pretty confident Chael would beat Gusmao through Bader which is 7 already. I'm 50/50 on Shogun, depending what condition he's in. Rampage he'd beat without a doubt. Machida maybe not because of his running away style. Rashad would be 50/50 and I'm pretty confident he'd beat Vitor. So what's not to believe? Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 1:09 PM
KneeToFaceKO

Don_Dada -

Truth bombs getting thrown around wildy by Mr Jones.

This Phone Post
4/2/13 1:20 PM
SQUEEZIE

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 
SQUEEZIE -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 

Jones has 12 UFC fights. I'm pretty confident Chael would beat Gusmao through Bader which is 7 already. I'm 50/50 on Shogun, depending what condition he's in. Rampage he'd beat without a doubt. Machida maybe not because of his running away style. Rashad would be 50/50 and I'm pretty confident he'd beat Vitor. So what's not to believe? Phone Post 3.0

all of it
4/2/13 1:22 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SQUEEZIE -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 
SQUEEZIE -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 

all of it
Well then you're just a hater. Good day. Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 2:22 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -
Condit's Face Broke My Hand - Lol, no way Chael is a weaker opponent than Shogun with his current knees or that gift fight Jones got with Rampage, or Vitor on like 2 weeks notice. I think Chael has a better chance than Rashad did too, since Chael won't just sit back and get hit. If anyone at 205 can get inside that reach and put Jones on his back it will be Chael. Phone Post
Oh come on, not you, too. There are much funnier hype jobs to add shtick to than this one. Go join UKTT or something, those guys are hilarious. The WWE hype job thing is just fucking embarrassing. Phone Post
I don't think this fight should be happening or that Chael deserves it. It's just not Jones weakest opponent and I never thought Rashad had a great chance with his size, timidness or chin.

If I've learned anything about mma it's that you don't count out people at this level. Phone Post
4/2/13 2:22 PM
Phil Cornelius

It's going to be VERY VERY interesting to see how Jon Jones beats Sonnen...especially seeing Anderson Silva had more trouble....Wanna see how much that wrestling really helps here.....And LMAO!!!! at Dana looking like Don King....I think that fits him....lol...Dana lost so much talent due to lack of pay lol...smh
4/2/13 2:24 PM
Phil Cornelius

To the people saying Jon Jones should use BJJ or use this or that....Just know Jon could piss on Chael and beat him LOLOL....Jon got too MANY weapons....too many options...Chael limits himself......to me...that is
4/2/13 2:26 PM
ABE FROMAN

Phil Cornelius - It's going to be VERY VERY interesting to see how Jon Jones beats Sonnen...especially seeing Anderson Silva had more trouble....Wanna see how much that wrestling really helps here.....And LMAO!!!! at Dana looking like Don King....I think that fits him....lol...Dana lost so much talent due to lack of pay lol...smh

It won't be interesting at all, imo.

Jones and Silva's gifts are completely different. Jones will be able to use wrestling where Anderson could not.

4/2/13 2:32 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

It's a fight,anything can happen.Regardless of the odds,it's always a 50/50 chance for either fighter.
Jon Jones is a great fighter but he is not unbeatable.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.