UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> EFC Africa 19 video & discussion (Apr19, 5:00 ET)

4/2/13 1:31 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Johannesburg, South Africa – EFC AFRICA 19, 2013’s second installment of the biggest MMA event on the African continent, took place last night at Carnival City, Johannesburg. Boasting a full fight card stacked with the promotions biggest stars the crowd was entertained with explosive bouts from beginning to end.

Lightweight athlete Frederich Naumann delivered the Submission of the Night performance, trapping fellow up and comer David van Schalkwyk in a slick keylock.

Nigerian born, Ireland based Henry Fadipe put on a powerful showing against EFC AFRICA’s fastest KO record holder Tumelo Maphutha, weathering several of the powerful middleweight’s best right hands to fight his way to a split draw decision.

KO of the night came from the highly anticipated heavyweight matchup between kickboxing champion Sors Grobbelaar and crowd favorite Wilhelm ‘Tiny’ Strauss, with Grobbelaar demolishing the big man in just 23 seconds with a blistering array of strikes

The main card of the evening began with the hugely hyped matchup between Muay Thai Commonwealth champion Dino Bagattin and Shokukai Karate world champion Tyron Rightford. The crowd was on their feet before the first buzzer sounded, and the strike action that ensued satisfied all. Rightford landed several of his trademark knee-buckling rights, rocking Bagattin on numerous occasions, until Bagattin replied with a right of his own, sending Rightford to the canvas near the end of the second. The ref immediately stopped the fight to the consternation of Rightford’s supporters, giving Bagattin the victory.

Martin van Staden versus Adam Speechly was an incredibly skillful bout. Van Staden’s huge punching power was countered by Speechly’s constant attack and superb ground game, ultimately giving him a unanimous decision win.

The night’s featherweight title fight was the crowning bout of the evening.  Challenger Wentzel Nel was on the cusp of EFC AFRICA immortality with the prospect of becoming the promotion’s first champion in two different weight divisions. Pena, renowned for strategic five round wars revealed a new fighter; blending superb decision making with accurate strikes and huge heart. The action got off to a frantic start with the older Nel blitzing the champion with heavy hands, dropping him to the astonishment of the crowd and pouncing with brutal GnP. The champion showed his mettle, though, holding on long enough to reverse and claw his way back into the fight. The champ was dropped twice more, and after was to admit his vision was blurred all the way into the fourth, but by two minutes into the third round was showing his dominance. As the bout drew into the fourth and then the fifth rounds Pena grew in strength while the challenger wilted, ultimately doing his utmost to simply finish the fight. Pena successfully defended his title for a third time.

Fight of the night went to Markus Taljaard and Peter Nyide for their skillful, hard fought and highly entertaining three round bout, won by Taljaard via unanimous decision.

Donnovan Wilken defeated Nkazimulu Zulu via unanimous decision. 
Frederich Naumann defeated David van Schalkwyk via submission (keylock), 01:22 into round 1.
Sean Robinson defeated Paul Terblanche via TKO, 0:23 into round 2.
Sors Grobbelaar defeated Wilhelm Strauss via KO, 0:23 into round 1.
Boyd Allen defeated Kanyeba Anicet via RNC, 3:19 into round 1.
Markus Taljaard defeated Peter Nyide via unanimous decision.
Tumelo Maphutha fought Henry Fadipe to a split draw.
Leon Mynhardt defeated Johan van Staden via unanimous decision.
Alain Ilunga defeated Wesley Hawkey via guillotine, 03:23 into round 1.
Francois Kabulu defeated Wade Henderson via split decision.
Dino Bagattin defeated Tyron Rightford by TKO, 04:39 into round 2.
Adam Speechly defeated Martin van Staden via unanimous decision.
Demarte Pena defeated Wentzel Nel via unanimous decision.

4/19/13 12:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
crowbar
742 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lucky for us,we get this network on Comcast Cable.Comes on CSNC or NBC Sports,I can`t remember.

4/19/13 12:01 AM
MMA Girls
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joanne, MMA Girls
yay for SA!!! =)
4/19/13 12:44 AM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/19/13 12:56 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo -  YES

YES

YES

Finally violence returns to Africa Phone Post

Finally! It's been forever....

4/19/13 1:36 AM
bearockbrobama
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5pm ET? Phone Post
4/19/13 2:28 AM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait....

4/19/13 2:47 AM
soremano
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/19/13 4:26 AM

let's go

4/19/13 3:13 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo - YES

YES

YES

Congrats bro, I know this event means more to you than you, I or Joanne can ever know despite me knowing what I just said. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/13 4:26 AM
soremano
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo -  YES

YES

YES

4/19/13 5:41 AM
BrunoMcGyver
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YES!

4/19/13 8:54 AM
armbarring
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

channels america? I wanna see violence in Africa.
4/19/13 8:56 AM
crowbar
742 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/19/13 8:56 AM
JuicedBeast - 
crowbar -

Lucky for us,we get this network on Comcast Cable.Comes on CSNC or NBC Sports,I can`t remember.

Any idea what channel its on? I did a search just now but can't find it. :-X Phone Post

In my area of Central California,it comes on channel 34,35,or 37.

CSNC & CSNBA are channels 34 & 37.

Comcast Sports Net California

Comcast Sports Net Bay Area.

NBC Sports channel 35

4/19/13 10:42 AM
joemasepoos
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta be at least 2.5 - 3 hrs from now .
4/19/13 10:54 AM
Letibleu
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i didnt find anything

4/19/13 12:02 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there any way to watch on line?
4/19/13 12:40 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for more info.

4/19/13 2:34 PM
Smellde Gluve
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JamesDean57 - Is there any way to watch on line?

Yep, any clues?

4/19/13 2:57 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smellde Gluve - 

Yep, any clues?

I haven't been able to find anything.
4/19/13 3:13 PM
mmavixen

JamesDean57 - 
Smellde Gluve - 

Yep, any clues?

Neither have I.  I may just nap now before the weigh-in.. LOL

4/19/13 3:17 PM
JamesDean57

mmavixen - 
JamesDean57 - 
Smellde Gluve - 

Yep, any clues?

Neither have I.  I may just nap now before the weigh-in.. LOL

That sounds like a good idea.
4/19/13 3:52 PM
Smellde Gluve
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think there are 2 free prelims on in about 5 minutes on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/EFCAFRICA/app_264872813643450

4/19/13 3:54 PM
Smellde Gluve

The main card seems to be $24:99.

Too much if you ask me.

4/19/13 3:57 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The entire potential viewership of EFC Africa 19 is on the OG right now listening to the live feed of Boston law enforcement radio

4/19/13 3:59 PM
Smellde Gluve

Ok it's on.

My stream is twitchy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.