UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sports Illustrated just did my MMA/Congo Article

4/2/13 2:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
justinthevikingwren
1003 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/02/13 9:06 PM

***Edit*** Sports Illustrated just put this on their MAIN homepage! 

***Edit*** Sports Illustrated picked it as their TOP story today to email to their subscribers!

Hey guys! I just thought my UG familia would like to see my Sports Illustrated Article that JUST launched. I'm getting it to you before it even hits the MMA homepage officially. Hopefully this will inspire HOPE! Hopefully this will encourage you. Hopefully this will inspire you to live to love & love to live! 

It includes

• Coach Trevor Wittman talking about guys like Brendan Schaub, Carwin, Marquardt, and all the Grudge guys kicking me off the team.
  • Me being a depressed, drunk, drug addict...
  • Me leaving this comfort zone of the US for the worlds worst conflict zone of the Congo.
  • My time on TUF and if/when I'll fight again
  • Freeing Pygmy slaves... and my partnership with Shalom University.

http://mma-boxing.si.com/2013/04/02/redemption-shot-justin-wrens-path-from-drug-addict-to-christian-missionary/

Also! I have fundraised $22,550 of my goal of $50,000 to set 1,000 slaves... FREE! I am 12 days away from ending my crowdfunding campaign! Here is the link :-)

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fight-for-the-forgotten

If I could ask a favor of the UG... Can you guys help me get this out there! Can you share  this with your facebook, tweet it... and email it if you know somebody who would really be interested? If you caught this vision... Help me cast this vision! Be a buzzmaker, help this continue to build steam! 

"The Man Who Loves Us,"

-Efeosa

4/2/13 2:34 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's great Justin!!!!

BTW would you happen to be in Sweden atm and at 205 lbs??? >.>

Joking!!! kinda >.>
4/2/13 2:36 PM
Kirik
1627 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

ttt

4/2/13 2:42 PM
KidPittsburgh
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Power of positivity!
4/2/13 2:45 PM
paw
1351 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats!

4/2/13 2:56 PM
canofsticks
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Powerful Ragnar Lothbrok
4/2/13 2:56 PM
Cru "ATM" Jones
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AWESOME!!
4/2/13 3:01 PM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thank you for sharing Justin! Keep fighting the good fight! (i wish i could go there sometime and volunteer my time and help these people) Note: I've been doing a lot of studying and research about your cause, and i had no idea about the pigmys and how horrific they are treated. It's an injustice, and WARRIORS stand up for injustices! So, much RESPECT!! Jason
4/2/13 3:29 PM
Rear Naked Chode
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome, you deserve the exposure. Btw, did you get my texts?
4/2/13 3:37 PM
justinthevikingwren
1003 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason Reinhardt - thank you for sharing Justin! Keep fighting the good fight! (i wish i could go there sometime and volunteer my time and help these people) Note: I've been doing a lot of studying and research about your cause, and i had no idea about the pigmys and how horrific they are treated. It's an injustice, and WARRIORS stand up for injustices! So, much RESPECT!! Jason

Jason! 

You FIRE me up bro! So pumped you want to come homie! That brings me to my question for you...

Are you for real about coming out to Congo? If so I would open up 2 weeks to a month to be able to have visitors come and give me some relief... To LOVE them, to volunteer their time and volunteer their physical body to implement sustainability projects. Would you think it'd just be you or would you maybe think we should open this up to a select few of the UG that feel they really want to come do this? 

4/2/13 3:38 PM
justinthevikingwren

Rear Naked Chode - Awesome, you deserve the exposure. Btw, did you get my texts?

My phone filled up bro... Can you shoot me another man? Thanks! 

You are the man

4/2/13 3:41 PM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent job Justin! I just caught up and listened to your Rogan Podcast last night. Intriguing and amazing story.

I wonder if you could give me any advice on the addiction front. My brother has recently relapsed and is hooked on oxy pills. I actually just found out this morning as my other brother called and has washed his hands of him. I live 500 miles away but feel that as the eldest brother, I have to keep on him to get clean. He is very close to rock bottom from what I gather and for the most part homeless.

Your story hit me at the right time and I hope you have some insight on how I can get through to him and try to get him to kick this shit.

Thanks man and sorry if this came off as a dear abby or some shit.
4/2/13 3:51 PM
Letibleu
1644 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/02/13 3:51 PM

I will be surprised if you do not get an offer to shoot a documentary when you go back. If you get no offers in the next few weeks give me a heads up.

4/2/13 3:59 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome!
You're doing great things Justin! Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 4:00 PM
TheHebrewHammer
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for a future Nobel prize winner

4/2/13 4:06 PM
Rear Naked Chode
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren - 
Rear Naked Chode - Awesome, you deserve the exposure. Btw, did you get my texts?

My phone filled up bro... Can you shoot me another man? Thanks! 

You are the man

Figured as much, coupled with how busy you must be right now. Keep up the fight.
4/2/13 4:19 PM
Richard Tuck
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt, great stuff Justin
4/2/13 4:23 PM
RickStorm
1626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

Congratulations!

super awesome

4/2/13 4:25 PM
justinthevikingwren

RedDragons - Excellent job Justin! I just caught up and listened to your Rogan Podcast last night. Intriguing and amazing story.

I wonder if you could give me any advice on the addiction front. My brother has recently relapsed and is hooked on oxy pills. I actually just found out this morning as my other brother called and has washed his hands of him. I live 500 miles away but feel that as the eldest brother, I have to keep on him to get clean. He is very close to rock bottom from what I gather and for the most part homeless.

Your story hit me at the right time and I hope you have some insight on how I can get through to him and try to get him to kick this shit.

Thanks man and sorry if this came off as a dear abby or some shit.

Sorry if this came off as....

Bro do NOT appologise... This is your family bro. Tell you what, give him a call. Let him know you got a guy who has been through the trenches and come out on the other side. If he agrees to talk, I'll talk to him.

Use your heart & intellect to let me know if you think it would be beneficial. Also I've had to change my number before... So let me know if you think I should block my number when I call. I don't mean that in a negative manner, I just want to protect the way my close friends and family... And Congo family contact me. If he agrees... I have a 3 hour drive on thursdayfrom DFW to OKC and back on sunday or monday. I'll call him then. Sometimes people just need to hear it from somebody else. Sometimespeople who feel hopeless need to hear hope from someone who has also felt the same hopelessness but are now out of that... what feels to be, bottomless pit. 

Bless ya bro for going to battle for you brother! 

-Justin

4/2/13 4:40 PM
Vinnie G
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren -
Jason Reinhardt - thank you for sharing Justin! Keep fighting the good fight! (i wish i could go there sometime and volunteer my time and help these people) Note: I've been doing a lot of studying and research about your cause, and i had no idea about the pigmys and how horrific they are treated. It's an injustice, and WARRIORS stand up for injustices! So, much RESPECT!! Jason

Jason! 

You FIRE me up bro! So pumped you want to come homie! That brings me to my question for you...

Are you for real about coming out to Congo? If so I would open up 2 weeks to a month to be able to have visitors come and give me some relief... To LOVE them, to volunteer their time and volunteer their physical body to implement sustainability projects. Would you think it'd just be you or would you maybe think we should open this up to a select few of the UG that feel they really want to come do this? 

I would be interested in helping b Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 4:43 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin, you're what the world needs more of. I've hit the crowdsource link and got my dollars on their way to you, best of luck and keep up the amazing work!

By the way, if you get something set up for a group from the UG to help out over there, let me know. I might have some volunteers for you.

4/2/13 4:45 PM
Neil McCauley
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck yeah brotha! keep fighting the good fighTTT!
4/2/13 4:50 PM
Bawls
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember a young Justin.. Writing about a life changing experience hunting boar.. Look at him now.. All grown up, taking on the world. :)

I'm proud of you man Phone Post
4/2/13 4:55 PM
Allen Hood
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 4:57 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome job Justin, keep up the good work.

As for the addiction, if you can get him away from the people that he hangs out with and dose drugs with, that will be a good place to start.

Cause if he continues to hang with them your'e most likely fighting an up hill battle.

Good luck and I hope you have all the success in the world.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.