UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> @danawhite: Mousasi will face Iliir Latifa

4/2/13 7:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who?

Oh well, its a Fuel card airing in the morning/afternoon, sucks for those who bought tickets but I'll still watch.
Sub Aquatic
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mousasi taking a heap of risk for not much reward with this one.

No matter how impressively he wins he'll get no real credit as Latifa is unknown but if he gets clipped and loses where does that leave him?

Not the UFC debut I was hoping for, seems dangerous and pointless when all it takes is a single punch to derail your career.

Mousasi has balls going from a title contender fight to a completely unknown opponent half a week out from the fight. Phone Post
r_o_y

Lol...WHO?!
tonytr

Maybe this is karma for the UFC pulling Tate-Zingano from the card. That would've been a worthy main event in my opinion.
4/2/13 7:39 PM
epic hero

kickasspoolparty -  I'm kinda confused here. Why is everyone pissed at dfw and the ufc? It's not like Dana went in to Gus's training and socked him in the eye and opened up the cut, is it? They did the best they could with 6 days notice. It's not like they can get some big name in that short of a period of time. It is what it is and the show must go on. It's a let down but to place all the blame on the ufc is uncalled for in my opinion. Phone Post

They should have put out a better card, that's why. They learned nothing from UFC 151 that's why people are pissed, still the same bullshit
4/2/13 7:40 PM
ABE FROMAN
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My money is on Latifah.

4/2/13 7:40 PM
tonytr

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
tonytr - Another thing. Why do people shit on Dana and the UFC when the replacements suck? If the replacement sucks, it's because that's the best they could do on short notice.
It is their fault that they couldn't just scrap that fight, because they put together pretty much no card around it. Phone Post

I sort of agree with you there. They should've had Tate-Zingano on the card.
4/2/13 7:42 PM
Smellde Gluve
577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've seen Ilir fight live here in Sweden.

He's a great wrestler and VERY strong.

No doubt this is a step up for him but I wouldn't count him out just yet.

Whatever happens in this fight I think he could do some good stuff in the UFC.

4/2/13 7:42 PM
tonytr

However, it IS a Fuel card. Pearson-Couture, Pickett-Easton, and Mitrione-De Fries isn't a bad main card for Fuel.
4/2/13 7:43 PM
Smellde Gluve
577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get to know Ilir a little bit:

4/2/13 7:44 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

National Swedish wrestling champ..................Fuck!!!!!

4/2/13 7:44 PM
Smellde Gluve

Part 2

4/2/13 7:45 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero -
kickasspoolparty -  I'm kinda confused here. Why is everyone pissed at dfw and the ufc? It's not like Dana went in to Gus's training and socked him in the eye and opened up the cut, is it? They did the best they could with 6 days notice. It's not like they can get some big name in that short of a period of time. It is what it is and the show must go on. It's a let down but to place all the blame on the ufc is uncalled for in my opinion. Phone Post

They should have put out a better card, that's why. They learned nothing from UFC 151 that's why people are pissed, still the same bullshit
Sort of, the Fuel and FX cards are just kind of extra stuff imo. It's the Fox and ppv that really "matter." The ppv since then have all been pretty good and they've started stacking the Fox prelims, probably to have replacements in case fights fall apart Phone Post
4/2/13 7:45 PM
Smellde Gluve

Edited: 04/02/13 7:50 PM

Part 3

4/2/13 7:46 PM
homegrowncone
369 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Gumball Kid - 

IN

LOL it even looks like an onion ring.

4/2/13 7:46 PM
Letibleu
1663 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ilir "The Sledgehammer" Latifi , born July 28, 1982, is a multiple Swedish (Albanian background) SM-gold medalist in wrestling with the club Malmo Tigers Wrestling Team , one of the European ADCC 2004 Qualifiers (Submission Wrestling) and then a few years back mixed martial arts fighter. Older brother Arben Latifi great MMA profile also world champion in BJJ.

Latifi is of Albanian origin and grew up in Rosengård , Malmö.

Latifi has participated in six professional MMA matches and an amateur.

WIN Jorge Oliveira SC 8 - Malmo
Oct / 06 / 2012
Decision (Unanimous)
N/A
3 5:00
WIN Tony Lopez United Glory - 2012 Glory World Series
May / 26 / 2012
Decision (Unanimous)
N/A
WIN Denis Bogdanov United Glory 15 - 2012 Glory World Series
Mar / 23 / 2012
Submission (Keylock)
N/A
1 0:00
LOSS Emanuel Newton SF 17 - Horwich vs. Rosholt 2
Jul / 15 / 2011
Decision (Unanimous)
Jason Stafin
WIN Matteo Minonzio SHC 2 - Battle For The Belt
Apr / 10 / 2010
TKO (Head Kick)
N/A
1 4:29
LOSS Tatsuya Mizuno ROTK - Rumble of the Kings 4
Nov / 20 / 2009
TKO (Knee and Punches)
N/A
3 0:15
WIN Darko Krbanjevic ROTK - Rumble of the Kings 3
May / 22 / 2009
Submission (Armbar)
N/A
1 1:43
WIN Luis Silva ROTK - Rumble of the Kings 2
Feb / 27 / 2009
Submission (Punches)
N/A
1 1:20
WIN Roman Mihocka SC 2 - Resurrection
Oct / 25 / 2008
KO (Punches)
N/A
2 1:55
NC Blagoi Ivanov RPC 2 - Real Pain Challenge 2
May / 17 / 2008
NC (Ring Broke)
N/A

4/2/13 7:48 PM
Smellde Gluve

For those who know Football(Soccer) Ilir is from the same area in the south of Sweden as Zlatan Ibrahimovic called Rosengård.

When it comes to Sweden it's kind of ghetto.

4/2/13 7:49 PM
kickasspoolparty
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero -

The cards not that bad for being free on Fuel. If you had to shell out $55 for, yeah, complain.. It's one of those cards that usually has sleeper match ups on it. Not one person on this forum can say it sucked until after the nights over. If you do, to me, that's pretty lame. I'm a fight fan and I get to watch these fights for free, I'm okay with that. So I'm of the opinion you guys are being pretty childish about the whole thing. If anything be pissed at Gus for getting cut the week of. Phone Post
4/2/13 7:50 PM
Letibleu
1663 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ no contest via ring broke... That's Strikeforce and WSOF level shit :p

4/2/13 7:50 PM
kickasspoolparty
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit's Face Broke My Hand -
epic hero -

Sort of, the Fuel and FX cards are just kind of extra stuff imo. It's the Fox and ppv that really "matter." The ppv since then have all been pretty good and they've started stacking the Fox prelims, probably to have replacements in case fights fall apart Phone Post
Exactly!!! ^^ Phone Post
4/2/13 7:51 PM
kickasspoolparty

tonytr - However, it IS a Fuel card. Pearson-Couture, Pickett-Easton, and Mitrione-De Fries isn't a bad main card for Fuel.
This too^^^ Phone Post
4/2/13 7:54 PM
Chris27

kickasspoolparty - 
Condit's Face Broke My Hand -
epic hero -

Exactly!!! ^^ Phone Post

Yeah for FX/Fuel cards if shit happens and you get a card like this I'm fine with it, its the Fox and PPV cards they need to stack and they are.

Still why wasnt a solid co main event put on this card? Why couldnt Tarec/Kampmann been put on this card.

It also sucks it was less than a week away, if they had two weeks they probably could have gotten a legit replacement.
4/2/13 7:55 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

kickasspoolparty -
tonytr - However, it IS a Fuel card. Pearson-Couture, Pickett-Easton, and Mitrione-De Fries isn't a bad main card for Fuel.
This too^^^ Phone Post
None of those fights are main event worthy, even on fuel. Phone Post
4/2/13 7:56 PM
Delorian
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willy the Coyote - Told you. They'll give Mousasi a no name and fans will continue to hug his nuts. Phone Post
Look at this fucking guy Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 7:57 PM
Letibleu

Edited: 04/02/13 7:57 PM

The cards have been getting way better than what they were 2012-2011 (on average).

I think what irks the average MMA fan about this replacement is that a non UFC fighter with no name to the rest of the world is getting a main event slot on free TV. AND its throwing a bone at the gym/training camp that caused this fuck up to begin with.

I would have thrown Tom Lawlor a bone before this guy. However, to save face in Sweden and avoid a possible exodus of refund demands at the gate, the UFC needed to make a business decision, not an MMA decision (in the best interest of the company, not the sport).

They know we will still all be watching a free card on TV.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.