UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> @danawhite: Mousasi will face Iliir Latifa

4/2/13 7:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rear Naked Chode
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh shit, what if Gegard gets wrassleducked by a no name cuz of last minute switcheroo. Not likely but anything can happen.
4/2/13 7:58 PM
r_o_y
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kickasspoolparty - 
epic hero -
kickasspoolparty -  I'm kinda confused here. Why is everyone pissed at dfw and the ufc? It's not like Dana went in to Gus's training and socked him in the eye and opened up the cut, is it? They did the best they could with 6 days notice. It's not like they can get some big name in that short of a period of time. It is what it is and the show must go on. It's a let down but to place all the blame on the ufc is uncalled for in my opinion. Phone Post

They should have put out a better card, that's why. They learned nothing from UFC 151 that's why people are pissed, still the same bullshit
The cards not that bad for being free on Fuel. If you had to shell out $55 for, yeah, complain.. It's one of those cards that usually has sleeper match ups on it. Not one person on this forum can say it sucked until after the nights over. If you do, to me, that's pretty lame. I'm a fight fan and I get to watch these fights for free, I'm okay with that. So I'm of the opinion you guys are being pretty childish about the whole thing. If anything be pissed at Gus for getting cut the week of. Phone Post

Right. They are good cards being "free" . They aren't totally free though. How many of us upgraded just to get fuel? I know I did.

I'm not mad at ufc. But....now they have an unknown headlining the show. No lhw's for backup? Its a mess.
4/2/13 7:58 PM
Card
2027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/2/13 7:59 PM
Smellde Gluve
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It'd be great if Ilir takes this.

He probably won't but he's a great wrestler so who knows.

4/2/13 8:00 PM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Lawlor is on the card and he's fought 205 before...why not him? Also Mitrione is there and Gegard has fought HWs before. Both those fights make much more sense than this.

Also feel bad for Gegard...there is no way he wins here. If this guy even lands one punch or TD, people will rush to call Gegard overhyped.

This guy being a wrestling champ also makes it likely he gives Gegard a bit of a fight.
4/2/13 8:01 PM
Willin
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu -

The cards have been getting way better than what they were 2012-2011 (on average).

I think what irks the average MMA fan about this replacement is that a non UFC fighter with no name to the rest of the world is getting a main event slot on free TV. AND its throwing a bone at the gym/training camp that caused this fuck up to begin with.

I would have thrown Tom Lawlor a bone before this guy. However, to save face in Sweden and avoid a possible exodus of refund demands at the gate, the UFC needed to make a business decision, not an MMA decision (in the best interest of the company, not the sport).

They know we will still all be watching a free card on TV.

Good points all around. Phone Post
4/2/13 8:02 PM
Letibleu
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/02/13 8:06 PM

Might end up looking like this:

Everyone remember? He didnt look good yet made Cormier kinda look like crap.

4/2/13 8:06 PM
Brabatross

Is it still a 5 round fight?
4/2/13 8:06 PM
Aleck911
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awful lot of bitching and moaning for a FUEL card Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 8:07 PM
kickasspoolparty
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
kickasspoolparty -
tonytr - However, it IS a Fuel card. Pearson-Couture, Pickett-Easton, and Mitrione-De Fries isn't a bad main card for Fuel.
This too^^^ Phone Post
None of those fights are main event worthy, even on fuel. Phone Post
They're not the main event though.. Gus went to training and got cut. You're like the anti-troll right now. You're argument is making no sense at all. haha! Phone Post
4/2/13 8:09 PM
tonytr

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
kickasspoolparty -
tonytr - However, it IS a Fuel card. Pearson-Couture, Pickett-Easton, and Mitrione-De Fries isn't a bad main card for Fuel.
This too^^^ Phone Post
None of those fights are main event worthy, even on fuel. Phone Post

Nobody is saying they are. My point is they didn't surround the main event with "nothing" fights.
4/2/13 8:10 PM
tonytr

Letibleu - 

The cards have been getting way better than what they were 2012-2011 (on average).

I think what irks the average MMA fan about this replacement is that a non UFC fighter with no name to the rest of the world is getting a main event slot on free TV. AND its throwing a bone at the gym/training camp that caused this fuck up to begin with.

I would have thrown Tom Lawlor a bone before this guy. However, to save face in Sweden and avoid a possible exodus of refund demands at the gate, the UFC needed to make a business decision, not an MMA decision (in the best interest of the company, not the sport).

I fail to see how Gus' camp is to blame. It was a FUCKING ACCIDENT.
4/2/13 8:11 PM
kickasspoolparty
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

r_o_y -
kickasspoolparty - 
epic hero -
kickasspoolparty -  I'm kinda confused here. Why is everyone pissed at dfw and the ufc? It's not like Dana went in to Gus's training and socked him in the eye and opened up the cut, is it? They did the best they could with 6 days notice. It's not like they can get some big name in that short of a period of time. It is what it is and the show must go on. It's a let down but to place all the blame on the ufc is uncalled for in my opinion. Phone Post

They should have put out a better card, that's why. They learned nothing from UFC 151 that's why people are pissed, still the same bullshit
The cards not that bad for being free on Fuel. If you had to shell out $55 for, yeah, complain.. It's one of those cards that usually has sleeper match ups on it. Not one person on this forum can say it sucked until after the nights over. If you do, to me, that's pretty lame. I'm a fight fan and I get to watch these fights for free, I'm okay with that. So I'm of the opinion you guys are being pretty childish about the whole thing. If anything be pissed at Gus for getting cut the week of. Phone Post

Right. They are good cards being "free" . They aren't totally free though. How many of us upgraded just to get fuel? I know I did.

I'm not mad at ufc. But....now they have an unknown headlining the show. No lhw's for backup? Its a mess.
I understand were you're coming from about upgrading your cable for Fuel but it is a long term investment for a ton of future UFC programming. One night got screwed up because of someone's training regiment. I'm still going to put this on Gus. He should've been more careful. Phone Post
4/2/13 8:13 PM
MT11

Prob cause he's from Sweden. Impossible to get a visa in 5 days.... Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 8:13 PM
kickasspoolparty

tonytr -
Letibleu - 

Maybe he should be careful sparring the week of a HUGE fight. He didn't slip and fall in the sauna (lol). He went full clip and got a bad cut. Technically, that's his fault, take it easy fight week. It's far from an accident, everyone knows you can get cut training. Phone Post
4/2/13 8:14 PM
Uncle Creepy's Creepy Nephew
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdlOyBFwR-Q&list=UUxKv5HlwrhCOLpU_PtP_C0A&index=1

Ilir Latifi confirms UFC on FOX this saturday against Gerard Mousasi.
4/2/13 8:14 PM
epic hero

kickasspoolparty - 
epic hero -

I don't care if it's fuel or whatever it's still a weak card, the fact that none of the other fights could headline a FUEL card shows it's too weak, they should have easily been able to bump another fight up and keep the ball rolling instead they had to go look for scraps to salvage the card.

If somebody pulls out and it potentially kills the card, it's too weak. Doesn't matter if it's ppv or fx. They always prided themselves on not being boxing but these cards that revolve around one fight need to go
4/2/13 8:18 PM
ironyuppie

He is the Swedish Patrick Cote.
4/2/13 8:20 PM
man meets fate

Letibleu - 

Might end up looking like this:

Everyone remember? He didnt look good yet made Cormier kinda look like crap.

Not thT he made dc look like crap, more of DC beinga pussy and not going for the kill like he did I n other fights.
4/2/13 8:21 PM
Kanabull

Should have gotten Wanderlei.
4/2/13 8:23 PM
ChaosOverkill
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ugh what a joke

4/2/13 8:23 PM
Brabatross

LMAO it looks like Mousasi is around -1900. I'm def putting some money on Latifa.
4/2/13 8:24 PM
RazorMMA
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FearTheClown -
Sofa King Cool -  Who? Phone Post

Queen Latifa.. she was in the remake of "Taxi"

F'n epic! Hahaha. Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 8:24 PM
JimmersonzGlove
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this still a 5 rounder?
4/2/13 8:25 PM
Letibleu
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/02/13 8:26 PM
kickasspoolparty - 
tonytr -
Letibleu - 

Maybe he should be careful sparring the week of a HUGE fight. He didn't slip and fall in the sauna (lol). He went full clip and got a bad cut. Technically, that's his fault, take it easy fight week. It's far from an accident, everyone knows you can get cut training. Phone Post

I am not saying they held him down while he slept and went slicey dicey on his face with an exacto. I am just saying being in a situation where you get a bad gash 6 days out sparring means someone had his eye off the ball. I am 1000% sure it was not intentional.

They should really look into investing money in updated gym space and equipment, that would be a good place to start.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.