UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> @danawhite: Mousasi will face Iliir Latifa

4/2/13 8:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kickasspoolparty
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero -
kickasspoolparty - 
epic hero -
kickasspoolparty -  I'm kinda confused here. Why is everyone pissed at dfw and the ufc? It's not like Dana went in to Gus's training and socked him in the eye and opened up the cut, is it? They did the best they could with 6 days notice. It's not like they can get some big name in that short of a period of time. It is what it is and the show must go on. It's a let down but to place all the blame on the ufc is uncalled for in my opinion. Phone Post

They should have put out a better card, that's why. They learned nothing from UFC 151 that's why people are pissed, still the same bullshit
The cards not that bad for being free on Fuel. If you had to shell out $55 for, yeah, complain.. It's one of those cards that usually has sleeper match ups on it. Not one person on this forum can say it sucked until after the nights over. If you do, to me, that's pretty lame. I'm a fight fan and I get to watch these fights for free, I'm okay with that. So I'm of the opinion you guys are being pretty childish about the whole thing. If anything be pissed at Gus for getting cut the week of. Phone Post

I don't care if it's fuel or whatever it's still a weak card, the fact that none of the other fights could headline a FUEL card shows it's too weak, they should have easily been able to bump another fight up and keep the ball rolling instead they had to go look for scraps to salvage the card.

If somebody pulls out and it potentially kills the card, it's too weak. Doesn't matter if it's ppv or fx. They always prided themselves on not being boxing but these cards that revolve around one fight need to go
So you're telling me you wouldn't watch the fights if Pearson vs Couture got bumped to main event status? I know I would. I've been following both of them for a while. It will be interesting to see if Couture can get past Pearson and if he doesn't the hype around him and his name are gone. As well, I get a kick out of watching Mitrione, he's fun to watch even if he looks like shit on occasion. I don't know maybe I'm just a fan of fights, I don't need names or number one contender bouts to be content with a free night of fights. Phone Post
4/2/13 8:39 PM
rampageforpresident
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Latifa is coming off a win over a guy who had just submitted James Irvin in the first round. This is better than removing mousasi from the card. Who doesn't like an unknown stepping up and fighting a top guy on short notice to save an event? It's the shit this sport was built on
4/2/13 8:40 PM
kickasspoolparty
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rampageforpresident - Latifa is coming off a win over a guy who had just submitted James Irvin in the first round. This is better than removing mousasi from the card. Who doesn't like an unknown stepping up and fighting a top guy on short notice to save an event? It's the shit this sport was built on
Agreed 100%! Phone Post
4/2/13 8:43 PM
epic hero

kickasspoolparty - 
epic hero -
kickasspoolparty - 
epic hero -
kickasspoolparty -  I'm kinda confused here. Why is everyone pissed at dfw and the ufc? It's not like Dana went in to Gus's training and socked him in the eye and opened up the cut, is it? They did the best they could with 6 days notice. It's not like they can get some big name in that short of a period of time. It is what it is and the show must go on. It's a let down but to place all the blame on the ufc is uncalled for in my opinion. Phone Post

They should have put out a better card, that's why. They learned nothing from UFC 151 that's why people are pissed, still the same bullshit
The cards not that bad for being free on Fuel. If you had to shell out $55 for, yeah, complain.. It's one of those cards that usually has sleeper match ups on it. Not one person on this forum can say it sucked until after the nights over. If you do, to me, that's pretty lame. I'm a fight fan and I get to watch these fights for free, I'm okay with that. So I'm of the opinion you guys are being pretty childish about the whole thing. If anything be pissed at Gus for getting cut the week of. Phone Post

I don't care if it's fuel or whatever it's still a weak card, the fact that none of the other fights could headline a FUEL card shows it's too weak, they should have easily been able to bump another fight up and keep the ball rolling instead they had to go look for scraps to salvage the card.

If somebody pulls out and it potentially kills the card, it's too weak. Doesn't matter if it's ppv or fx. They always prided themselves on not being boxing but these cards that revolve around one fight need to go
So you're telling me you wouldn't watch the fights if Pearson vs Couture got bumped to main event status? I know I would. I've been following both of them for a while. It will be interesting to see if Couture can get past Pearson and if he doesn't the hype around him and his name are gone. As well, I get a kick out of watching Mitrione, he's fun to watch even if he looks like shit on occasion. I don't know maybe I'm just a fan of fights, I don't need names or number one contender bouts to be content with a free night of fights. Phone Post

I would watch, I think there are good fights on the card, but it could have and should have been stronger. When someone pulls out and people start panicking trying to salvage the cards then something is wrong IMO, the ball should keep rolling that's what they always prided themselves.

There are great fighters and solid fights on the card but there was never a real co-main event that was my issue, they built the card around one fight and that's the problem I have with it, it's not the lack of names that's really my main gripe with it, I can name every person on the roster and most likely have seen them fight at least once anyway
4/2/13 8:45 PM
r_o_y

kickasspoolparty - 
r_o_y -
kickasspoolparty - 
epic hero -

Right. They are good cards being "free" . They aren't totally free though. How many of us upgraded just to get fuel? I know I did.

I'm not mad at ufc. But....now they have an unknown headlining the show. No lhw's for backup? Its a mess.
I understand were you're coming from about upgrading your cable for Fuel but it is a long term investment for a ton of future UFC programming. One night got screwed up because of someone's training regiment. I'm still going to put this on Gus. He should've been more careful. Phone Post

Oh yeah a lot is on gus. He made a huge mistake.
4/2/13 8:46 PM
Madmuzzy

Mousasi needs to be impressive here to get my vote, so far i dont believe he is what everyone makes him out to be.
4/2/13 8:47 PM
KZTT_W85
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rear Naked Chode - Oh shit, what if Gegard gets wrassleducked by a no name cuz of last minute switcheroo. Not likely but anything can happen.
Was thinking this Phone Post
4/2/13 8:48 PM
DoomFarmer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Madmuzzy - Mousasi needs to be impressive here to get my vote, so far i dont believe he is what everyone makes him out to be.
You will still doubt him even if he is impressive.

He isn't beating a "name." Phone Post
4/2/13 8:50 PM
Kinkle

Edited: 04/02/13 8:49 PM
They would have to pay me to watch this card...
4/2/13 8:53 PM
kickasspoolparty

epic hero -
kickasspoolparty - 
epic hero -
kickasspoolparty - 
epic hero -

I would watch, I think there are good fights on the card, but it could have and should have been stronger. When someone pulls out and people start panicking trying to salvage the cards then something is wrong IMO, the ball should keep rolling that's what they always prided themselves.

There are great fighters and solid fights on the card but there was never a real co-main event that was my issue, they built the card around one fight and that's the problem I have with it, it's not the lack of names that's really my main gripe with it, I can name every person on the roster and most likely have seen them fight at least once anyway
I don't disagree at all and when I look at the TUF finale and the next UFC on Fox, your point makes even more sense to me. That being said we have three nights of free fights coming up so I'm still not that bummed really. Trust me, I wanted to see Gus and Mousasi fight just as much as anyone else, at least we still have Mousasi. Maybe in the future the UFC will balance some of these cards better. Phone Post
4/2/13 8:58 PM
DamnSevern
1191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kickasspoolparty - 
epic hero -

voted the fuck up!

4/2/13 9:05 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really don't care.

I mean, sad Gus is out, but I am watching for free on TV and didn't pay for tickets.

On t'other hand, the people of Sweden got robbed....hard.

Get in line, Stockholm, Calgary is owed next.
4/2/13 9:19 PM
neibs

Reminds me of when guy metzger got hurt and had to drop out of the third Tito fight and they brought in Patrick cote, who, at the time nobody had ever heard of. Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 9:21 PM
Megatherium
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They honoring refunds in Sweden, or is this Calgary revisited?
4/2/13 9:41 PM
DARTHHOGAN
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this still gonna be a five rounder? sorry if this question has already been asked......

4/2/13 9:52 PM
J_Swift

Chareth Cutestory -
Sofa King Cool -  Who? Phone Post

. Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 10:14 PM
MediumRareMistake
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow UFC lol what the fuck happened Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 10:14 PM
El Toro UK
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zed Wayne Zed - I really don't care.

I mean, sad Gus is out, but I am watching for free on TV and didn't pay for tickets.

On t'other hand, the people of Sweden got robbed....hard.

Get in line, Stockholm, Calgary is owed next.
Yeah this sucks for Swedish fans who are attending.

Tickets for this event are more expensive then the FOX Henderson vs Melendez card. They should have at least been given better co-main event fall back onto if everything went tits up. Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 10:17 PM
NitroSantanaCFH

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  Wow, I cannot even believe he is selling this turd to Sweden. I'll watch on tv, only because it's free. I hope there is a shit load of backlash over this. I honestly feel like the ufc deserves this. They talked so much shit about boxing and how each card is just one fight that anybody cares about, with an undergrad full of nothing. And now they are consistently putting on cards with the EXACT same model. Look where he is now. Putting a card on with not even one fight that people give a ship about. I have a lot of respect for Dana and the ufc, but this is karma for giving us 1 fight per card in the first place. Phone Post

To blame this on Dana and the UFC is ridiculous. You know how hard it is to find a legitimate replacement, for a card in Sweden, on 6 days notice?

It's a FREE card, you ungrateful dunce. The card may be crap to fairweather fans like you, but I'm pumped for a killer night of fights.

If you were a ticket holder, I'd understand. But it's pointless to bitch like a weenie over some gift-wrapped MMA.
4/2/13 10:21 PM
Phisher

MediumRareMistake - Wow UFC lol what the fuck happened Phone Post 3.0

They got caught with their pants down putting on a "boxing style" card again.

4/2/13 10:26 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

NitroSantanaCFH -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  Wow, I cannot even believe he is selling this turd to Sweden. I'll watch on tv, only because it's free. I hope there is a shit load of backlash over this. I honestly feel like the ufc deserves this. They talked so much shit about boxing and how each card is just one fight that anybody cares about, with an undergrad full of nothing. And now they are consistently putting on cards with the EXACT same model. Look where he is now. Putting a card on with not even one fight that people give a ship about. I have a lot of respect for Dana and the ufc, but this is karma for giving us 1 fight per card in the first place. Phone Post

To blame this on Dana and the UFC is ridiculous. You know how hard it is to find a legitimate replacement, for a card in Sweden, on 6 days notice?

It's a FREE card, you ungrateful dunce. The card may be crap to fairweather fans like you, but I'm pumped for a killer night of fights.

If you were a ticket holder, I'd understand. But it's pointless to bitch like a weenie over some gift-wrapped MMA.
Fuck you. Dana constantly bashes boxing for doing this exact same thing. The problem is not the replacement, you fucking idiot. What don't you get about that? The problem is that they built such a garbage card around that one fight, that now when something happens to that fight, you're left with this for a main event. Two guys making their ufc debut, one of them NOBODY has ever heard of. The problem is that the next best fight on this card is Ross Pearson vs Ryan Couture, which obviously isn't main event(or co-main) worthy. A co-main event is supposed to be a fight that is capable of being main event, if necessary. Phone Post
4/2/13 10:31 PM
Polar_beatdown
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ariel tweeted that they knew about the cut since last weeks tuesday, so they had more time than what Dana is saying. Phone Post
4/2/13 10:32 PM
slamming

Phisher - 
MediumRareMistake - Wow UFC lol what the fuck happened Phone Post 3.0

They got caught with their pants down putting on a "boxing style" card again.

Boxing style? It's a fuel TV card bro.
4/2/13 10:41 PM
Uncle Muay Thai
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a free card, we get Pearson v couture, Pickett v Easton and mitrione v de fries. They are some good fights people so quit complaining and just kick back with some beers and enjoy it. Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 10:52 PM
Il Duce
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kickasspoolparty -
Condit's Face Broke My Hand -
epic hero -

Sort of, the Fuel and FX cards are just kind of extra stuff imo. It's the Fox and ppv that really "matter." The ppv since then have all been pretty good and they've started stacking the Fox prelims, probably to have replacements in case fights fall apart Phone Post
Exactly!!! ^^ Phone Post
Yup, some seriously entitled mofos in hrr. It's a free card on a small network. There's a major lack of perspective going on.

Why be so critical? Sit down and either enjoy the fight, or not. Nobody is forcing anybody to watch any of it. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.