UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> @danawhite: Mousasi will face Iliir Latifa

4/3/13 3:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NorthFromHere
310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
MMALOGIC - 
NorthFromHere - 
MMALOGIC - 

Blame Gustaffson...  his cut only needed 3 stitches... that's ken shamrock on CBS bullshit.  If he really wanted to fight he could have.

Blame Sweden. Blame Volvo. Blame their culture of airbags.

To anyone who knows Swedish culture, it was obvious from the get-go that they wouldn't let Gus fight with that cut (that our inside source says is in a bad spot)

it wasnt in a good spot (unerneath eyebrow)... but do you know what 3 stiches mean?  absolute shit.

the UFC knew about this last tuesday.   so the cut happened to him that day or before... all he had to do is get the stitches, use the healing cream (surgeons issue this) and then take the stiches out a few days before the fight and glue the cut shut.

there's no way they would have not cleared him.

if all you need is 3 stitches then a week is more than enough time to heal to a point of passing the physical.  could the cut open during the fight?  sure... but that's part of the game.

you dont pull out of a fight for 3 stitches.  Zuffa cant be happy with that shit.

I agree but you know that is very hard to keep this kind of thing a secret in Sweden where all the eyes were on Gustafsson.
4/3/13 3:30 AM
Megatherium
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweden stoked to see the Albanian Assassin!!!

Thank you Dana!!!
4/3/13 3:34 AM
NorthFromHere
310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com

Now here's a picture of Gustafsson's cut

4/3/13 3:40 AM
mata_leao
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Latifi will win in a huge upset. Phone Post 3.0
4/3/13 3:55 AM
ortsaK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Latifi bout to set it off!
4/3/13 4:17 AM
TKOhYeah
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loadin76 - 
DANA PLEASE CUT NICK DIAZ - 

His first name is iLir, correct? I'm having trouble distinguishing the capital 'I' and lowercase 'l' on mobile devices..

I read Kevin Iole as Kevin LOLE for a long time.

Wait it's not LOLE?

THIS!!!

Mind = Blown! I don't know what to believe anymore.
4/3/13 4:20 AM
Thacommish
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dana really does listen to the fans
4/3/13 4:28 AM
ziggystardust
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Latifi is your standard strong wrestler with some stiff boxing and heavy hands. He's bascially a low-level King Mo.

He's had some nice KO's, but I think he's gotten boring after he stepped up in competition. He's headlined some local cards, but he's mostly popular with the immigrant crowd.

He's going to get raped by Mousasi unless he lays n prays. I would much rather have seen Jimi Manuwa.
4/3/13 5:03 AM
sadisticsoldier
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

easedel - 
Willy the Coyote -  Told you. They'll give Mousasi a no name and fans will continue to hug his nuts. Phone Post

I been trying to figure this out myself.

The guy who has had 1 fight in the past 15 months?
His past 4 opponents have been, no offense but reality is, a murderers row of Mike Kyle, Ovine St Preux, Hrioshi Izumi, Keith Jardine. With 3 of them being in 2011.

Why the overhype of him? Because of his Dream fights in 08?

You should probably go back a bit further. His only loss in the past 6-7 years was to King Mo and I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking he should have won that fight. Laying on someone while getting obliterated should not be considered winning. I didn't even recognize King Mo after the fight.

His victims are a Who's Who of the MMA world in a wide range of weight divisions. KOed Babalu in 1 minute to win the Strikeforce title. I'm not sure what overhype there is, but cherry picking his last couple fights, while also playing down those few opponents is pretty sad IMO. I doubt there are many people left out there who haven't fought in the UFC with a resume like his and he is still 27 years old.

As far as this fight goes, it is a pretty disappointing main event. I dig Mousasi for sure, but he is making his UFC debut and he is fighting someone I've never heard of. Someone also making his debut. For all we know the UFC might not have had any interest in even signing this guy until this situation occurred.

Still excited though, since a guy I went to high school with is making his debut on the prelims. Ryan LaFlare, another guy fighting out of Lindenhurst, NY on Long Island with Dennis Bermudez. He is fighting Ben Alloway from the UK vs AUS season of TUF.
4/3/13 5:51 AM
Forrest Gimp

Latifi is not a main event. If he were in the UFC, he'd been cut before they cut the 100 fighters for a lack of entertainment-value.
4/3/13 7:03 AM
sadisticsoldier
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willy the Coyote -  Lol at him "obliterating" King Mo. Both of them looked like shit and neither deserved to win. Phone Post

King Mo looked like a horror creature after the fight. Pretty much unrecognizable.
4/3/13 9:27 AM
neonbelly
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/03/13 9:28 AM
4/3/13 9:49 AM
Barbalos

How many times have we seen a star-studded card have a ton of boring decisions and such? And how many times have we seen a supposed lackluster cards have some awesome fights? And still this trash talk on the card, every time. Laughable. Just watch it and hope the fights are competitive.
4/3/13 11:23 AM
buckshot44
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/3/13 12:23 PM
luctaro
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's the UFC's fault for not promoting the right fighters in this case.

Everyone is complaining about card quality (even though this is a FUEL card) yet they have:

-Brad Pickett (#5) vs. Mike Easton (#9) -UFC ranks

That's main or co-main event material for FUEL right there.

Buut they had to put f*cking Mitrione and Pearson above them and promote those fights instead of the one that really matters.

So of course when the Main event falls they have nothing to support the card. Except they do have a fight between two top 10 fighters they just decided to ignore.
4/3/13 12:28 PM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana sounds happy.

This pic was taken of Gustafsson today and u can't even see the cut!!! Worst decision I have EVER seen to pull fight http://t.co/u5YwsxA0Pf Phone Post 3.0
4/3/13 1:16 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm surprised the UFC wasn't able to intimidate the athleic commission into allowing Gustaffson to fight.

4/3/13 1:24 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cut on the eye lid from a accidental clash of heads in sparring prevented Gustafsson from fighting Mousasi this Saturday

4/3/13 1:39 PM
chaplinshouse
777 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/03/13 1:39 PM

i actually feel bad for Gustafson in spite of his hard training injury crippling the card.  main event ufc in sweden had to have been his life's dream

4/3/13 1:52 PM
ziggystardust
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"accidental clash of heads in sparring"

He hit a corner pole during wrestling practice, it wasn't a head butt. Phone Post
4/3/13 2:17 PM
NitroSantanaCFH

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
NitroSantanaCFH -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  Wow, I cannot even believe he is selling this turd to Sweden. I'll watch on tv, only because it's free. I hope there is a shit load of backlash over this. I honestly feel like the ufc deserves this. They talked so much shit about boxing and how each card is just one fight that anybody cares about, with an undergrad full of nothing. And now they are consistently putting on cards with the EXACT same model. Look where he is now. Putting a card on with not even one fight that people give a ship about. I have a lot of respect for Dana and the ufc, but this is karma for giving us 1 fight per card in the first place. Phone Post

To blame this on Dana and the UFC is ridiculous. You know how hard it is to find a legitimate replacement, for a card in Sweden, on 6 days notice?

It's a FREE card, you ungrateful dunce. The card may be crap to fairweather fans like you, but I'm pumped for a killer night of fights.

If you were a ticket holder, I'd understand. But it's pointless to bitch like a weenie over some gift-wrapped MMA.
Fuck you. Dana constantly bashes boxing for doing this exact same thing. The problem is not the replacement, you fucking idiot. What don't you get about that? The problem is that they built such a garbage card around that one fight, that now when something happens to that fight, you're left with this for a main event. Two guys making their ufc debut, one of them NOBODY has ever heard of. The problem is that the next best fight on this card is Ross Pearson vs Ryan Couture, which obviously isn't main event(or co-main) worthy. A co-main event is supposed to be a fight that is capable of being main event, if necessary. Phone Post

I understand what you're whining about, my point is you sound like an ungrateful child complaining about something free. If you had bought a ticket, I'd understand, but it's really only a small bummer to those of us who are also excited about the rest of the card. How can you know if a card is "garbage" until seeing the actual fights? Most of the matchups on here have serious potential, but it's worthless because of lacking name power? Just bleed, brah.

You obviously need big names to be satisfied, which IMHO, makes you a fairweather fan. So, like I said, be grateful for a FREE fight night or GTFO.

Thx :)
4/3/13 2:23 PM
JetSetter

No way queen Latifa makes weight Phone Post 3.0
4/3/13 3:38 PM
myjawhurts
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willy the Coyote - Told you. They'll give Mousasi a no name and fans will continue to hug his nuts. Phone Post
Unfortunately this is true and local fans are sold out again.
I feel bad for all the UK and euro fans flying into Sweden for this main card. Phone Post 3.0
4/3/13 5:17 PM
MarcVanBas

Skip2MyLou - Llir Latifi
Dana made a typo

http://m.sherdog.com/fighter/Ilir-Latifi-40207 Phone Post 3.0

lol at dana not even knowing the guys name!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.