UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If Anderson loses does he lose his relevence

4/4/13 4:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DRevan
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The FTAT (Fuck Thinking All That...it begins here internet...here.) version.

Anderson Silva is an athlete & ARTIST ergo.."GOAT"

Jones..GSP..many many to come..are likely to be ONLY athletes.

4/4/13 4:51 AM
joshirvine718
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DRevan - The FTAT (Fuck Thinking All That...it begins here internet...here.) version.

If Jones picking Rampage and/or Rashad apart isn't art I don't know what is.
4/4/13 4:58 AM
DRevan
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joshirvine718 - 
DRevan - The FTAT (Fuck Thinking All That...it begins here internet...here.) version.

It's inspiring...it's human..and in its way it IS art...but it is "unintended" if that makes sense.

When Jones fights..I see an incredible athlete and a rare biological anomaly..a sharp mind...employing great strategy and solid fundamentals to win a fight sport contest.

When Silva fights..I see...an incredible athlete and rare specimen...but I also see a human surpassing the expectations he has set for himself..I see someone striving to live, and understand himself and his humanity. You see it when he steps aside and avoids the kick..and then plants his back, back onto the cage where the foot landed....you see it at the beginning of round 5 in his first fight with Sonnen...you see it in his weigh in with Vitor...his commitment to SUBMIT Sonnen...forrest...franklin...Rivera repeated and ALLOWED blows...the uppercut elbow..etc etc.

Silva does things beyond his physicality. Jones NEEDS his physicality. I think that's the best way I can put it. IMO..anyway.
4/4/13 5:54 AM
Fade7
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva has already established himself as the Jordan of MMA. His achievements and records alone would easily make him one of the best. The spectacular way he finishes people is what makes him GOAT! I think someone will eventually break his win streak record and title defense record but not even remotely close to the way Silva dismantles people.

Plus he defeated 3 people in a higher weight class, sure they weren't great but 1 of them was former LHW champ. I'd like to see Jones or GSP do that, so until then, its still an amazing accomplishment in my book.
4/4/13 8:56 AM
joshirvine718

DRevan - 
joshirvine718 - 

It's inspiring...it's human..and in its way it IS art...but it is "unintended" if that makes sense.

When Jones fights..I see an incredible athlete and a rare biological anomaly..a sharp mind...employing great strategy and solid fundamentals to win a fight sport contest.

When Silva fights..I see...an incredible athlete and rare specimen...but I also see a human surpassing the expectations he has set for himself..I see someone striving to live, and understand himself and his humanity. You see it when he steps aside and avoids the kick..and then plants his back, back onto the cage where the foot landed....you see it at the beginning of round 5 in his first fight with Sonnen...you see it in his weigh in with Vitor...his commitment to SUBMIT Sonnen...forrest...franklin...Rivera repeated and ALLOWED blows...the uppercut elbow..etc etc.

Silva does things beyond his physicality. Jones NEEDS his physicality. I think that's the best way I can put it. IMO..anyway.

You know what man im sorry that's a great point, you changed my opinion.
4/4/13 9:45 AM
Virginio
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DRevan -
joshirvine718 - 

Brilliant post. Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 10:21 AM
ausgepicht

No. And Andy could get KOed in his next 5 fights. It doesn't wipe away his past accomplishments. That's nonsense. Andy will always be known as the best PFP of this era, greatest in the division ever, and until someone outdoes him, the best in history. Phone Post
4/4/13 10:58 AM
Team Blackhouse Fan

SaintVon Barksdale -
noisebully - 

i can see it happening short term. but over time people will look back and realize the superiorness and awesomeness that of anderson. we won't see someone like him for a long long time.

he's gonna have to lose at some point as he's getting older. it will all just come down to how many "big name fighters" he's beaten before it happens since that is what most people argue is what doesn't make him goat.

We've already got someone who's shaping up to be at least an equal of Anderson Silva in domination. Love him or hate him, Jon Jones has beat the best of the best at 205, and never once looked to be in trouble. Ever. No one has made Jon Jones look human since he has won the title.
You're dumb Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.