UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ATTN: dfw jr

4/3/13 2:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kralkemal
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana,

While I appreciate the UFC coming to Sweden once again, I must say that I am deeply dissapointed at how you built the card. One might think that the UFC learnt their lesson from the Canadian 151 card, but apparantly you did not. How can an organization such as the UFC build a whole card on two fighters? It feels like I am attending a local show now with one of the main-eventers being injured, and paying four times the money for the seat. And for what? better lights, better music surround, better entrances?

How can you dissapoint Sweden like this after the last time you were here? The stadium sold out in less than four hours the last time and the most part of the arena was sold out in 2-3 days this time (even though the card honestly was horrible).

This is the LAST time I am attending a UFC event in Sweden. Not because I don't love the sport of MMA, but just because you let us down so badly. I sincerely hope, for the rest of the MMA community, that you wont make the same mistake again elsewhere. you are loosing fans man. And you claim to be a fan-friendly person? I am starting to doubt that.....
4/3/13 2:31 AM
Dr Violence
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Come on, what else is there to do in sweden. watch a log fire? sit in a sauna? eat meatballs? commit suicide due to lack of sunlight? you should be thankful that anything ever comes to sweden. sweden. indeed

Dana you need to bring better cards to London. The people here will only pay attention to internationally significant fights. There's metric fucktons of stuff going on in London so you need to compete with that, put on a monstrous card like the the Vegas one in May. Everybody loves to come to London. Except Tito!
4/3/13 2:44 AM
jamesisgod
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell me more about these loose fans Phone Post 3.0
4/3/13 2:51 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel for you Phone Post
4/3/13 11:34 AM
MattyECB
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr Violence - Come on, what else is there to do in sweden. watch a log fire? sit in a sauna? eat meatballs? commit suicide due to lack of sunlight? you should be thankful that anything ever comes to sweden. sweden. indeed

Dana you need to bring better cards to London. The people here will only pay attention to internationally significant fights. There's metric fucktons of stuff going on in London so you need to compete with that, put on a monstrous card like the the Vegas one in May. Everybody loves to come to London. Except Tito!

Burn, calling the man out with suicide jokes...

You really went for his Swedish meatballs there :S
4/3/13 11:35 AM
MattyECB
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FedorEmilioEstevez -  I feel for you Phone Post

+1
4/3/13 11:42 AM
canofsticks
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soooooo....if the event has a ton of exciting knockouts and submissions...will you come back and apologize to DFW?

because I'd take an exciting fight with two no-namers than another Hendo-Machida.
4/3/13 11:48 AM
Big Pookie
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

canofsticks - Soooooo....if the event has a ton of exciting knockouts and submissions...will you come back and apologize to DFW?

because I'd take an exciting fight with two no-namers than another Hendo-Machida.

You are confusing watching a free show on tv to buying tickets and watching live. Why would you pay hundreds of dollars for no-names? There's a reason I can watch minor league games for $20 and have to pay over $200 for NFL, MLB, NHL tickets.

If this was a ppv it would have been cancelled.

4/3/13 11:52 AM
15days
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The better the card the better the country
4/3/13 11:59 AM
Lobo8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cards are subject to change. Its the risk you take when you buy a ticket.
4/3/13 12:06 PM
da Vinci 81
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know why they didn't schedule another lhw fight on the card with two mid level guys fighting.

At least that way they'd have someone to bump up to the main event when things like this happen. I would have thought they learned their lesson on that by now. Phone Post
4/3/13 12:21 PM
Forrest Gimp

kralkemal - Dana,

While I appreciate the UFC coming to Sweden once again, I must say that I am deeply dissapointed at how you built the card. One might think that the UFC learnt their lesson from the Canadian 151 card, but apparantly you did not. How can an organization such as the UFC build a whole card on two fighters? It feels like I am attending a local show now with one of the main-eventers being injured, and paying four times the money for the seat. And for what? better lights, better music surround, better entrances?

How can you dissapoint Sweden like this after the last time you were here? The stadium sold out in less than four hours the last time and the most part of the arena was sold out in 2-3 days this time (even though the card honestly was horrible).

This is the LAST time I am attending a UFC event in Sweden. Not because I don't love the sport of MMA, but just because you let us down so badly. I sincerely hope, for the rest of the MMA community, that you wont make the same mistake again elsewhere. you are loosing fans man. And you claim to be a fan-friendly person? I am starting to doubt that.....

I agree. It's like the NHL coming to Stockholm, promoting itself as "NHL - world's best hockey-league", selling out the arena on the premise, only to bring players that'd get crushed by the local hockey-teams if they were to play. At tickets priced 4x a regular hockey-match.
4/3/13 12:23 PM
Card
1907 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lobo8 - Cards are subject to change. Its the risk you take when you buy a ticket.

+ the injury bug is still strong in 2013

4/3/13 12:29 PM
Burt Reynoldz
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ watch a log fire

4/3/13 12:33 PM
roscoegrinders
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought this card was solid. This is a solid card to watch on TV. You still get to see Mitrione VS Defries, which on paper looks awesome. Ross Pearson VS Couture is a solid fight, probably be a standup war since I doubt Couture can take down Pearson.

Still I would be pissed if I payed to see the number 2 guy fight and than ended up with having a borderline ppv undercard fight the main event
4/3/13 12:35 PM
deadlyonetwo3
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To OP:

Dude, be reasonable!!! You don't have to BOYCOTT the UFC lol.  The card is actually loaded with good fighters that I would love to see and look forward to seeing on TV/facebook for this show.

Mitrione fighting for his job... he's a guy with a lot of potential but just hasn't put it all together quite yet. Dude's a physical talent though without a doubt and I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles himself in this fight.

FILTHY TOM LAWLOR is fighting --> NUFF SAID

Pearson/Couture is a very interesting matchup.  We're going to find out if Couture is really ready to swim with a solid fighter in the UFC. Pearson is very well-rounded, puts things together nicely. He's had a few setbacks, but I enjoy watching him fight and while Couture himself I feel has talent, I think Pearson will win the fight. His standup is too clean... and though he'd gone down to 145, I like him at 155. He's strong and can compete with anyone.

AMAGOV is fighting again --> NUFF SAID

MIKE EASTON VS ONE PUNCH PICKETT!!!! ---> WAR, AWESOME FIGHT... We're in for a real treat and I will be pumped when it goes down. Both guys are super aggressive, fast, and will stand and bang.  It's going to be a dogfight. 

Diego Brandao is back -->  Exciting fighter, TUF winner... def want to see what he can do with the tall and talented Garza.

Corrasani I like... dude's fun to watch.  Michael Johnson I like.... dude's fun to watch. PAPY ABEDI on the card as well.. ANOTHER guy that's fun to watch.  

This is not a "terrible" card.  I'd say OP's contentions are inappropriate.... now that said, to each their own. If you don't think it's a good card, that's fine.  I disagree.

4/3/13 12:37 PM
fitch n prey
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a fuel card isn't it seems like good one still
Mike Easton ussally brings it
So does Pearson and Tom their on that card

It's gonna be a good card Phone Post 3.0
4/3/13 1:27 PM
lastcall
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the hell are you bitching at Dana about Joe Silva is the matchmaker? Why don't you cry to Joe, Goldy, Michael Buffer, Lorenzo or Frank?
4/3/13 1:34 PM
ItsMillerTimeinDoBronx
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uh, this is how MOST of the modern UFC cards are... 2 or 3 good fights and bunch of little known fighters trying to work their way up.

The days of head-to-toe stacked cards are over. It's just how it is now. I've been to UFC 52, 101, a Columbus card, a Fight Night card in Virginia, and a few others and used to get every single pay-per-view event, but, no more. I just can't bring myself to pay big money or $55 every three weeks for the type of cards that are the norm now.

Check out who I saw at UFC 52 in Vegas:
Randy Couture
Chuck Liddell
Matt Hughes
Matt Lindland
Renato 'Babalu' Sobral
Georges St-Pierre
Frank Trigg
Patrick Cote
Jason 'Mayhem' Miller
Mike Van Arsdale
Ivan Salaverry
Joe Riggs
Travis Lutter
Joe Doerksen
Travis Wiuff
John Marsh

They'll never be cards like this again with this much talent. Just doesn't happen any more.
4/3/13 1:46 PM
djones
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lastcall - What the hell are you bitching at Dana about Joe Silva is the matchmaker? Why don't you cry to Joe, Goldy, Michael Buffer, Lorenzo or Frank?

Or he can go cry to whoever forced him to buy the tix....... oh wait......

4/3/13 2:16 PM
AndersonSilvasMoney
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lobo8 - Cards are subject to change. Its the risk you take when you buy a ticket.
This is what it comes down to at the end of the day. It sucks - no doubt about that - but if you see a card that you personally feel is weak or top-heavy, you gotta make a risk-benefit assessment as to whether or it's worth buying a ticket. Phone Post 3.0
4/3/13 3:03 PM
Wicked smahtMF

thank Gus for letting his management take him out. like Bubbas attempt to have the doctors give him an out against Uriah tues night. "but doc... look at this cut. No, LOOK AT IT!!"
4/3/13 3:08 PM
GSPsShadyHandWraps
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"This is not a "terrible" card. I'd say OP's contentions are inappropriate.... now that said, to each their own. If you don't think it's a good card, that's fine. I disagree."

Thats probably because you are gonna watch it for free while he is spending several hundred dollars to watch it live

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.