UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> My Swing - Tips Welcomed

4/3/13 7:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Submissable
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/12/13 3:09 PM

Ive been working on trying to get a more consistent swing. My slice is slowly disappearing and my clubs are getting longer but Im no where near perfect. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

4/3/13 7:12 PM
Submissable
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heres another... This was was about 2 months before the OP video.

4/3/13 10:43 PM
Submissable

Ohh and if you didn't notice, those are irons off the tee. Both par 5's. I can't control woods or the driver to save my life. I've had some rounds where I was able to manage a small fade with my driver but too often it's a giant slice and not worth the potential OB. I'm pretty long with my irons though so it doesn't effect me much. Although I miss pulling out the driver. I need to invest in some lessons for sure. Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 1:24 PM
Submissable

This place is wasteland I suppose :)

4/19/13 12:22 PM
Animal Chin
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you're moving your head forward at the start of your downswing. that won't affect your short irons a whole lot, but it will with longer irons and woods. and you raise it up a little. good looking swing. work on keeping your head still and staying behind the ball a little more.

also, don't raise your left foot. it's one more moving part that you really don't need.

and take that fucking towel out of you pocket.

again, good looking swing.
4/19/13 12:24 PM
Animal Chin
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

one more thing.... looks like you're stopping on it and throwing the club at the bottom. turn through the ball a little more.
4/19/13 12:51 PM
Submissable

Thanks! I never noticed my left foot coming off the ground before. Regarding the head movement, sometimes Ill bring my hips forward with my swing and accidentally hit a punch like shot or hit it real heavy. Are these two movements connected possibly?

Throwing the club at the bottom? As in using my hands too much rather than rotating with the club?

Thanks again! I appreciate it, I only have 2 people who I play with that I respect there advice on golf swings but I dont always want to bug them to work with me. And Ill leave the towel in the cart. haha it was a soggy morning for these two rounds.

4/19/13 12:58 PM
Animal Chin

yes. when you slide forward it will usually cause you to throw the club in order for your hands to catch up. the head movement, hip slide, and throw away are all connected. try to feel like your rotating more instead of sliding. like you're swinging in a barrel.

you create some really good lag but it gets wasted when you slap at it with your hands.

it's somewhat hard for me to really break it down because i have to start it, pause it, and start it again.

hope this helps.
4/19/13 1:36 PM
Submissable

It does help! Thanks, Im gonna go to the range this weekend so this gives me some things to pay attention to. I appreciate it.

7/29/13 8:16 AM
Josh Balis
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fix your grip might me a good start.......your right hand is under the club......try to put it over a little

now it theroy a strong grip will make you go left but.......in many cases you over companstate for this and go right....or totally screw your timing cause you are holding off at impact in an attempt to keep the club square and thus you get the slice.  This would also explane the challange with the longer clubs, there is a lot more timing involved with the longer clubs......the correct grip is the most important thing in golf

7/29/13 1:00 PM
Submissable

^^Thanks for the input VTFU! I have actually in the past few weeks been playing around with adjusting my grip and I am now hitting with a slightly strong grip. I feel like it has been helping quite a bit with my accuracy although now I have to remind myself not to overcompensate with my hands to close the face otherwise I hook it. That illustration helps a lot. I think the two biggest problems I have is my posture and closing the club face. Its getting better though...

7/29/13 1:09 PM
Josh Balis
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you want to send me moe video in a file where i can slow it down I can assist you more if you like....anything for a fellow OG'er......

and yes I used to play as a pro, and still am sponcered and teach golf.......

7/30/13 12:14 PM
Submissable

^^Awesome thanks! Ill try to get one to you soon. Can you send files through PM?

7/30/13 1:35 PM
Josh Balis

pm me and i will give you my email....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.