UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> cyborg at 145 night b4 weighins

4/4/13 2:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sockeye
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fabes - If she could make 135 easily, she'd fight Ronda at 135. It's the big money fight and I highly doubt she fears any woman. Phone Post 3.0
But anybody think it would take away from her fight game?. One aspect is her strength and power, physically drained she might lose that Phone Post
4/4/13 3:14 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fabes - If she could make 135 easily, she'd fight Ronda at 135. It's the big money fight and I highly doubt she fears any woman. Phone Post 3.0
Noone said its easy. And she obviously underestimated her ability to lose and cut weight since she is on weight way in advance of when she should be. Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 3:26 PM
BOMDC
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will be interesting to see how she performs with the layoff and the drop in muscle mass.
4/4/13 4:33 PM

MMA Lives Here -
Anderson's BBC in my Goku -
Noone said its easy. And she obviously underestimated her ability to lose and cut weight since she is on weight way in advance of when she should be. Phone Post 3.0
Weight cutting can be serious stuff. It's not a healthy or normal thing they're doing. She's ripped at 145, cutting another 10lbs might just be too touch and go for her Phone Post
Bs. U don't need that amount of muscle to be healthy. Plus she has water weight to cut. Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 4:49 PM
Breezah'sPowerBottom
804 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody who has never cut weight and is saying she should just cut the extra 10 lbs is reinforcing the divide between experience and inexperienced

4/4/13 4:52 PM
eljamaiquino

JerodR - I have to agree that Cyborg does look like she has lost some muscle. Looks to me like either it is because of a lack or steroids in the system, or Cybor is actually changing her training to go down in weight. She can stay in Invicta for a while and dominate a few people. Then say she can make 135lbs to make the move to the UFC. That is actually pretty damn smart if that is the case, and as long as she keeps winning. This increases her value and gives her time to drop weight slowly.
If she can win 2 or 3 in Invicta while slowly getting smaller and better at cutting, she can make a lot more money. Just like Nick Diaz did. Phone Post
4/4/13 4:53 PM

Edited: 04/04/13 4:59 PM
Breezah'sPowerBottom - 

Anybody who has never cut weight and is saying she should just cut the extra 10 lbs is reinforcing the divide between experience and inexperienced

really? so its normal to be on weight 24 hours before the weighin? dont you cut a significant amount the night and day prior to the weighins? also, are you saying its impossible to lose muscle?

4/4/13 4:55 PM
OmgItsTheWams
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Breezah'sPowerBottom -

Bingo and she may overtrain/overdiet getting to 135 Phone Post
4/4/13 4:57 PM
DEZBOT

135 would be faarking hard to make Phone Post
4/4/13 5:00 PM

lesnar911 - how long until your name isn't related to andersons black cock?

when he fights weidman

4/4/13 5:17 PM
Breezah'sPowerBottom
804 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
Breezah'sPowerBottom - 

really? so its normal to be on weight 24 hours before the weighin? dont you cut a significant amount the night and day prior to the weighins? also, are you saying its impossible to lose muscle?

No, kid. What I am saying is that its already hard enough for her to cut to 145. Cutting weight isnt easy. Its definitely not as easy as sitting at a computer and judging whether or not somebody else can do it. I've seen guys cry at having to cut an extra .5 lb when their scale was off and they thought they had made weight. I highly doubt that she is actually at 145lbs the day before weigh ins. Perhaps they meant she was on track to make weight. She may be able to make 135 someday, and i hope she does because I;d like to see her fight RR. My point is that 10lbs isnt an easy cut when you're already at the lowest weight you can make.

Also, its VERY hard to lose muscle. If you're artificially inflated from using creatine or something and your muscles are full of water then you might lose mass, but muscle doesnt just disappear because you want to fight at a lower weight class.

4/4/13 5:25 PM
Jsteven
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Easier to make weight off the gear Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 5:44 PM
time traveling 12er
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy that she would put her self so close to death before a fight.  Warrior spirit.

4/4/13 5:45 PM

Breezah'sPowerBottom - 
Breezah'sPowerBottom - 

No, kid. What I am saying is that its already hard enough for her to cut to 145. Cutting weight isnt easy. Its definitely not as easy as sitting at a computer and judging whether or not somebody else can do it. I've seen guys cry at having to cut an extra .5 lb when their scale was off and they thought they had made weight. I highly doubt that she is actually at 145lbs the day before weigh ins. Perhaps they meant she was on track to make weight. She may be able to make 135 someday, and i hope she does because I;d like to see her fight RR. My point is that 10lbs isnt an easy cut when you're already at the lowest weight you can make.

Also, its VERY hard to lose muscle. If you're artificially inflated from using creatine or something and your muscles are full of water then you might lose mass, but muscle doesnt just disappear because you want to fight at a lower weight class.

noon said cutting is easy. of course its not easy, the question is, is it physical possible to do without jeopardizing her health.

she posted this herself from her twitter. she weighed 145.7. there is no way they say she is on "track" to make 145.7 - that makes no sense. unless she has a time machine you are WRONG.

what you are saying doesnt really make a whole lot of sense. you are basically saying, hey, if its impossible to make 135, then its impossible to make 135...well, duh...the question is, is it impossible for HER to make 135? and its NOT hard to los muscle..look at those hollywood stars that go from 200+ buff to 120 lbs. they are much taller and have much larger bone structure than cyborg. yes, its not healthy for them to go down to 120, but cyborg doesnt even have to lose muscle to 135, she basically has to lose muscle so shes walking at 145-150, which, of course, is possble to do while healthy

4/4/13 6:02 PM
Breezah'sPowerBottom

Hollywood stars arent gaining 100% muscle, they're juicing. Its easy to lose weight when you juice, you just stop juicing. Cyborg was roiding, which was why it was hard for her to make weight and why she missed weight a couple times. She stopped juicing. She may have been at 145.7 and if so then its probably because she aint on the shit anymore. Also, I have seen several well known MMA fighters completely BS the media about their weight. I've seen guys tell the press that they're already on weight and then sat right next to them in the sauna while they had another 5 lbs to cut. Cyborg may be fudging the truth to hide a tougher weight cut.

In any case, you can cut water, you can stop taking weight gainers, but you cant cut muscle.

4/4/13 6:33 PM
dahosse
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Breezah'sPowerBottom -

Hollywood stars arent gaining 100% muscle, they're juicing. Its easy to lose weight when you juice, you just stop juicing. Cyborg was roiding, which was why it was hard for her to make weight and why she missed weight a couple times. She stopped juicing. She may have been at 145.7 and if so then its probably because she aint on the shit anymore. Also, I have seen several well known MMA fighters completely BS the media about their weight. I've seen guys tell the press that they're already on weight and then sat right next to them in the sauna while they had another 5 lbs to cut. Cyborg may be fudging the truth to hide a tougher weight cut.

In any case, you can cut water, you can stop taking weight gainers, but you cant cut muscle.

Sure you can. It's called LOSING weight. Not cutting it. Losing muscle is dead easy. Cut your total calories. Cut your protein intake. And while you're at it, cut the bullshit.

"It's sooo hard to lose muscle"

No it fucking isn't. Building it and keeping it is 100x harder. Losing it literally takes negative effort- you do less things. You eat less, you lift less, you weigh less.

Quit trolling. Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 7:11 PM
puss'nmitts
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg is known for being a hard worker in the gym. I wouldn't be surprised if the ease with which she appears to be making 145 was simply a result of being off the gear and continuing to train her ass off. Putting in long hours of mma training is just not conducive to maintaining a large amount of muscle mass for a woman. Her last fight where she tested positive she came in I believe 7-8 lbs over weight. I would not be surprised to see a progressively less muscular cyborg for her next few fights. 135 lbs may be a hard cut for her right now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see her do it in a fight or two. She has always competed with a significant size and strength advantage over her opponents. Will be interesting to see if that continues to be the case. Seeing her in competitive fights will definitely be more entertaining.
4/4/13 7:20 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

MMA Lives Here -  She's looking pretty fuarking shredded at 145, don't think 135 would be easy for her

Man I hope the Aussie goes alright Phone Post

If she can hit 145 with a day to spare it shouldn't be that difficult to make 135.

If she was already terribly drawn out to make 145, like they want to argue, she wouldn't be hitting the 145 mark and then just sitting around suffering, risking her health, for an extra 18-24 hours.

4/4/13 7:20 PM
I welch on SN bets

look at her stomach, not a lot more she can lose. that's a woman. her legs are not going to shrink much more. I honestly don't think she can make 135 healthily either.
4/4/13 7:44 PM
TuLegit

Have you ever heard rogan talk about cyborgs vag? He gets seriously into the strength it must possess and the weights it could lift or whatever Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 7:55 PM
Lazer MMA

but of course she will physically die if she dropped some mass and cut an additional 10 lbs to make weight at 135...

If this is 145, forget 135
4/5/13 4:34 AM
armbarring
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMG shes turning back into a woman.
4/5/13 5:56 AM
scaredy cat
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Am I the only one thinking we all need to wait until she's had her first fight back after a 15 month lay-off before we all declare what she can and can't do at any given weight?
4/5/13 6:10 AM
Bucephalus

armbarring - OMG shes turning back into a woman.

No. No he's not.
4/5/13 6:28 AM
Blackmore

Shes not fighting in the same weight class or even the same org..yet random users come to say the weirdest things just to attack/discredit her

It reminded me of Sherdog's anti Fedor's campaign back in the day..

Guess zuffa moved to a new headquarters?

Come to think of it...maybe thats why there are so many Uriah Hall threads and only one Bellator thread?? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.