UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> cyborg at 145 night b4 weighins

4/5/13 7:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hunter V
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Billytk - She needs to ignore dana and the haters and just get into the best shape she can (like she was in Strikeforce) and keep destroying people eventually even the UFC nuthuggers will have to admit hat rousey is terrified and ducking her

Wrong. UFC has a weight class of 135, tried to hire her a nutritionist in Dulce to help her cut properly which she refused, and SHE CHOSE TO LEAVE the org after that. If anyone is ducking its her, why the fuck would anyone w a brain think that Ronda is somehow ducking a person who left the org? And I don't care if you are a Ronda fan or not, that is just idiotic.
4/5/13 9:10 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TuLegit - Have you ever heard rogan talk about cyborgs vag? He gets seriously into the strength it must possess and the weights it could lift or whatever Phone Post 3.0
I'd love to be doing my best "Three Fingers" Mordecai Brown impression on her and have her begin doing some kegels. Phone Post
4/5/13 9:15 AM
BRZ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - My guess is she will slowly get smaller in the next few months, do one more fight at 145 in Invicta and then do a fight at 135 in Invicta before going to UFC and asking for A LOT of money. That PPV could do 700k + sales
That's probably Tito's plan. Phone Post 3.0
4/5/13 9:53 AM
Breezah'sPowerBottom
799 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dahosse - 
Breezah'sPowerBottom -

Hollywood stars arent gaining 100% muscle, they're juicing. Its easy to lose weight when you juice, you just stop juicing. Cyborg was roiding, which was why it was hard for her to make weight and why she missed weight a couple times. She stopped juicing. She may have been at 145.7 and if so then its probably because she aint on the shit anymore. Also, I have seen several well known MMA fighters completely BS the media about their weight. I've seen guys tell the press that they're already on weight and then sat right next to them in the sauna while they had another 5 lbs to cut. Cyborg may be fudging the truth to hide a tougher weight cut.

In any case, you can cut water, you can stop taking weight gainers, but you cant cut muscle.

Sure you can. It's called LOSING weight. Not cutting it. Losing muscle is dead easy. Cut your total calories. Cut your protein intake. And while you're at it, cut the bullshit.

"It's sooo hard to lose muscle"

No it fucking isn't. Building it and keeping it is 100x harder. Losing it literally takes negative effort- you do less things. You eat less, you lift less, you weigh less.

Quit trolling. Phone Post 3.0

Ok superstar, so somebody who fights professionally should just stop training so their muscle can waste away and then they'll make weight. Great plan. Cyborg should just stop training and show up on weigh in day, she'll be in great shape. Can I borrow your P90X dvd's?

4/5/13 10:04 AM
Kostakio
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's pretty good looking now that she's lost a little bit of muscle. I'd definitely smash it.

4/5/13 10:05 AM
Scb669
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big head on that girl Phone Post 3.0
4/5/13 10:10 AM
Phil999

Doctor Sidney - 

She is the epitome of sexyness

????
4/5/13 10:13 AM
sacredhate
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember what having to cut an extra lbs did to Jason Black.

he made the cut...but he was not the same fighter.

4/5/13 10:25 AM
AlphaSlap
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunter V - 
Billytk - She needs to ignore dana and the haters and just get into the best shape she can (like she was in Strikeforce) and keep destroying people eventually even the UFC nuthuggers will have to admit hat rousey is terrified and ducking her

Wrong. UFC has a weight class of 135, tried to hire her a nutritionist in Dulce to help her cut properly which she refused, and SHE CHOSE TO LEAVE the org after that. If anyone is ducking its her, why the fuck would anyone w a brain think that Ronda is somehow ducking a person who left the org? And I don't care if you are a Ronda fan or not, that is just idiotic.

I am not trying to stir the pot, but

Is Dolce a licensed nutritionist? Does he hold any certifications?
Has he worked with female fighters before?

If not, then UFC has a HUGE risk exposure in trying to convince her to fight should Cyborg develop osteoporosis, amenorrhea, or any other issue related to Female Athlete Triad.
4/5/13 10:29 AM
dahosse
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Breezah'sPowerBottom -
dahosse - 
Breezah'sPowerBottom -

Hollywood stars arent gaining 100% muscle, they're juicing. Its easy to lose weight when you juice, you just stop juicing. Cyborg was roiding, which was why it was hard for her to make weight and why she missed weight a couple times. She stopped juicing. She may have been at 145.7 and if so then its probably because she aint on the shit anymore. Also, I have seen several well known MMA fighters completely BS the media about their weight. I've seen guys tell the press that they're already on weight and then sat right next to them in the sauna while they had another 5 lbs to cut. Cyborg may be fudging the truth to hide a tougher weight cut.

In any case, you can cut water, you can stop taking weight gainers, but you cant cut muscle.

Sure you can. It's called LOSING weight. Not cutting it. Losing muscle is dead easy. Cut your total calories. Cut your protein intake. And while you're at it, cut the bullshit.

No it fucking isn't. Building it and keeping it is 100x harder. Losing it literally takes negative effort- you do less things. You eat less, you lift less, you weigh less.

Ok superstar, so somebody who fights professionally should just stop training so their muscle can waste away and then they'll make weight. Great plan. Cyborg should just stop training and show up on weigh in day, she'll be in great shape. Can I borrow your P90X dvd's?

Oh, so now you agree that she can lose weight? I thought it wasn't going to be possible for her.

Weight training isn't all training. Most fight training just leans you out. Which you know, and are now apparently willing to admit.

4/5/13 11:27 AM
Breezah'sPowerBottom
799 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My point is that somebody who fights professionally trains at a high level of intensity. Their body gets to a point where the amount of muscle they have is maximized for use in MMA. Any more will weaken their cardio and any less will obviously make them weaker. You cant take somebody who fights in a weight class where their body can make weight and perform at its highest level and tell them to simply drop to the next weight class because you want to see them fight somebody there. It doesnt work like that. Could GSP fight at 155? I guess its possible if he stops training and eating and lets his muscle waste away, then dehydrates himself. I never said muscle doesnt waste away, I said you cant cut muscle weight to drop a weight class and I'm right. You're arguing semantics.

4/5/13 11:29 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
Lazer MMA - 
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

but of course she will physically die if she dropped some mass and cut an additional 10 lbs to make weight at 135...

If this is 145, forget 135

have to agree, she looks lean to me as well...

4/5/13 11:32 AM
sacredhate
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the question is not if she could lose 10 lbs.

the question is what is the impact of her losing 10 more lbs.

there is no shortage of people for whom a weight cut changed their ability to perform in the cage/ring drastically.
4/5/13 3:35 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did Cyborg make 135? Because that's where Rousey fights, and you can't duck someone who's not in your weight division.

Unless you figure Aldo is ducking Cain.

Now if Cyborg accepts a fight at 135, and Rousey refuses, that will be ducking. At this point its just two fighters who refuse to go to the other's weight division - which is normal.

Just out of curiosity, since you figure weight divisions are meaningless, do you consider both Rousey and Cyborg to be ducking the men's divisions (ie are the gender divisions as meaningless as the weight divisions)?
4/5/13 3:40 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Breezah'sPowerBottom - 
dahosse - 
Breezah'sPowerBottom -

That's exactly the point. Cyborg shouldn't have to cut to 135. Rousey shouldn't have to go up to 140. Both should be fighting in the division they think is best for them.

The only reason Cyborg wants to fight Rousey is because of Rousey's hype bringing in the money, and there's no reason that Cyborg can't simply just create the same amount of hype for herself at 145. Then she wouldn't need to fight Rousey, and both can be happy in their own weight divisions.

Sometimes there are no shortcuts - the only thing stopping Cyborg from building up the same hype that Rousey has is her own reluctance to do so, and if she wants the money, she'll end up having to do the kind of marketing work that Rousey did. Its just part of business, its not enough to have a product, you have to sell it. Rousey was willing to do that, Cyborg so far hasn't been, but has been trying to piggy back off of Rousey with a catch weight fight.
4/5/13 3:58 PM
56sav

After seeing that pic I have to agree with Cyborg that her @ 135 isn't very healthy.

Her body fat is already extremely low for a woman and she's probably dehydrated.
4/5/13 4:17 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

georgejonesjr - 

Did Cyborg make 135? Because that's where Rousey fights, and you can't duck someone who's not in your weight division.

Now if Cyborg accepts a fight at 135, and Rousey refuses, that will be ducking. At this point its just two fighters who refuse to go to the other's weight division - which is normal.

Just out of curiosity, since you figure weight divisions are meaningless, do you consider both Rousey and Cyborg to be ducking the men's divisions (ie are the gender divisions as meaningless as the weight divisions)?

if Aldo had previously competed at HW, I guess a case could be made, but that's not a proper comparison, a better comparison would be Anderson not wanting to fight Jon at 205, since he's previously competed there...

4/5/13 4:54 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Cyril Jeff -
georgejonesjr - 

if Aldo had previously competed at HW, I guess a case could be made, but that's not a proper comparison, a better comparison would be Anderson not wanting to fight Jon at 205, since he's previously competed there...

Better comparison is florian. Who started at a heavier weight but eventually made his way to his appropriate weight. Phone Post 3.0
4/5/13 4:57 PM
stonepony

Breezah'sPowerBottom - 

Anybody who has never cut weight and is saying she should just cut the extra 10 lbs is reinforcing the divide between experience and inexperienced

Anybody who suggests she hasn't had more than enough time to drop more than enough muscle mass, is a liar.
4/5/13 5:03 PM
georgejonesjr

Cyril Jeff - 
georgejonesjr - 

I agree Anderson not wanting to fight Jon at 205 is a good comparison, but I'd argue its meaningless to say Anderson is ducking Jon by not going up to 205. Its not his weight division, and he's doughy when he fights there, just as Rousey is doughy when she fought at 145.

Penn fought at 205 too, so arguably he's ducking Jon right now by not fighting there again. Except its pretty clear that his optimal weight division is 155.

Fighters can fight over their optimal weight (that especially happens at the start of careers, before they get introduced to weight cutting), but its typically not a good thing.

Interestingly enough, the same argument (what weight fighter's started at) can go in reverse - Cyborg started at 135.

In Rousey's case, she was used to judo, where you weigh in the morning of your competition, typically an hour before you compete. You can't cut much for that, because there's no time to rehydrate. She had no experience with the 24 hour rehydration cycle, and the 15 pound plus cuts you can make with it. No one cuts more than a few pounds in judo, because you can't restore the fluids. Weighing in at 154 in judo is like weighing in at 139 (assuming standard 15 pound cut) in MMA.

So yes, Rousey could in theory go up in weight and fight. If we go by precedents, she could also fight men, as she'd done in low level judo tournaments. But her performances were less than optimal competing against men in judo - she had no chance against international level male judoka. Precedence often just means learning the ropes.

One clear difference between Anderson-Jones and Rousey-Cyborg is that Jones has never tested positive for PED's, whereas Cyborg has. I doubt Rousey trusts Cyborg in that respect, and probably figures the best way to make sure Cyborg is clean is to fight at 135.

Now if Cyborg offers a fight at 135, and Rousey refuses, that will be ducking, just as if Jones offers a fight at 185 and Anderson refuses, or if Anderson offers a fight at 170 and GSP refuses. If someone offers a fight in the weight division where you hold a title, and you refuse, that's ducking.
4/5/13 5:27 PM
Cyril Jeff

Cris has always fought at 145, even in Brazil, if you have info to the contray, please post it, I will then recant my statement and call myself a cotton-headed-ninnie-muggins.

4/5/13 5:31 PM
CindyO

Quickash1t - She needs to fight Fallon Fox.

I think so, too!

Cindy

4/5/13 5:45 PM
40oztofreedom
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - She's looking pretty fuarking shredded at 145, don't think 135 would be easy for her

Man I hope the Aussie goes alright Phone Post
Thats what I'm thinking. I don't think 135 is for her. Phone Post 3.0
4/5/13 6:34 PM
BRZ

Cyril Jeff -

Cris has always fought at 145, even in Brazil, if you have info to the contray, please post it, I will then recant my statement and call myself a cotton-headed-ninnie-muggins.

I think Cris fought Vanessa Porto at 135 in Brasil and fought Baslzer and Akano at 140lbs. Phone Post 3.0
4/5/13 10:06 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

liquidrob - Yeah, seen a pic in the Lin photos, Cyborg doesmt look as big, she can make 135

She missed weight a couple times at 145 now she is weighing 145 thr night before
It's amazing what happens when you lay off the juice. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.