UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Diaz camp request additional info. about drug test

4/4/13 5:22 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Ealier today the commission that oversees mixed martia arts in Montreal released that six athletes were tested for drugs of abuse and performancing enhancing drugs at UFC 158. The names of the athletes tested remained confidential, but a representative for the Diaz camp revelead that his fighter was tested and what they plan to do now:

Jonathan Tweedale, a representative of Nick Diaz’s camp, however, revealed to MMAWeekly.com that Diaz was one of the six.

Not only did Tweedale confirm that Diaz was tested and produced negative results, but added that Diaz’s camp is requesting further information from the Quebec commission.

Mr. Diaz’s sample tested negative. We have now requested from the Quebec Commission (the Regie):

1) A copy of the Regie’s request to the laboratory specifying which substances the lab was asked to test the sample for (if any), and

2) A copy of any documents received from the lab conducting the drug testing showing the precise test results for Mr. Diaz for all substances the sample was actually tested for.

read entire article...

4/4/13 5:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/4/13 5:28 PM
Diazed And Confused
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The extent that they are perusing this is intriguing to me, normally excuses and what not fall out over time, but the camp is very adamant something fishy is going on.

Interesting... Fishy... Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 5:31 PM
shaqitup
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So his camp didn't retire with him?

4/4/13 5:33 PM
40oztofreedom
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dislike Diaz but I'm honestly all for him on this. Only 6 were tested? Is that normal? First Brazil seemed shady and now my homeland seems shady. They should've tested them all and released all the info. Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 5:34 PM
buckshot44
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ Agreed completely.  Test EVERYONE, or don't test anyone.  Something shady going on.

4/4/13 5:35 PM
Chomas
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

??? Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 5:36 PM
Bingo'ed in Brazil
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weed paranoia. Phone Post
TeamRenzo4Life
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are two types of people: Those that realize and acknowledge nearly every single successful UFC fighter is cycling some type of PED, and complete idiots.
Nick shouldn't be persuing this as probably 99% of the fighters he knows take them too.
da Vinci 81
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So in other words whatever banned substances the lab didn't test for is what they'll now be accusing gsp of using. Phone Post
4/4/13 5:39 PM
Leghound
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

40oztofreedom - I dislike Diaz but I'm honestly all for him on this. Only 6 were tested? Is that normal? First Brazil seemed shady and now my homeland seems shady. They should've tested them all and released all the info. Phone Post 3.0

I thought it was usually just the headliners ested plus a random sample of the rest that were tested.

4/4/13 5:48 PM
Ktaco
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isn't Diaz retired. Why would he care? Your retired, go smoke weed all day.
4/4/13 5:53 PM
Furyan

Leghound -
40oztofreedom - I dislike Diaz but I'm honestly all for him on this. Only 6 were tested? Is that normal? First Brazil seemed shady and now my homeland seems shady. They should've tested them all and released all the info. Phone Post 3.0

I thought it was usually just the headliners ested plus a random sample of the rest that were tested.

I was under the impression of this as well. I thought this was somewhat normal.

And this will probably all be a "nick wasn't tested for this substance so, obviously that's what GSP used!"

I really wonder of its actually Nick wanting all this info and making excuses or if Cesar and the rest of his camp help out it in his head. Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 5:53 PM
Silverball
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm intrigued...
4/4/13 5:58 PM
ian4267

This is getting really old. You lost. Move on. Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 5:59 PM
R00STER

Seeing as how Nick has failed twice in the past, it doesn't exactly seem like profiling for him to be one of the ones tested. I don't know what they are alleging but it's pathetic and embarassing.
4/4/13 6:01 PM
Harold_Howard

The butthurt is astounding Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 6:07 PM
Nexuscrawlers
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To me, it sounds like nick is trying to see if his weed flush technique worked. If he was trying to find excuses why would he ask for specifics about his own test (that he passed)? Phone Post
4/4/13 6:09 PM
Argo

ThePundit - I don't follow.. What are they trying to uncover? Are they going to then imply that of nick wasn't tested for 'xyz drug' then gap wasn't either and would have been popped otherwise?

Nicks paying lawyers for pointless work IMO. What is the end game? Phone Post 3.0

That IS the end game.

Lawyers are making an alleged fortune off of Nick and Cesar is letting it happen. The Nick gravy train just never ends for these guys.

4/4/13 6:11 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing Nick doesn't know how to pay taxes, but he knows how to hire a lawyer to burn through his money. Phone Post
4/4/13 6:11 PM
Malvert the Janitor
804 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stop children! What's that sound?! Everybody look what's going down. Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 6:13 PM
Greener

Just Retire Already! Please.
4/4/13 6:14 PM
marshall_havok

The only conclusion I could come up with as to why Diaz's camp is requesting detailed drug-test information despite Diaz testing negative is because they want to prove a point regarding Diaz's earlier suspension due to marijuana metabolites.

If I recall correctly, Diaz mentioned in the pre-fight press conference that there might be a possibility of him testing positive for marijuana metabolites again this time around in testing.

Is he out to prove that he shouldn't have been suspended before and if so, wouldn't it just be a waste of time? I can't imagine him actually using this information to try and accuse GSP of anything. Phone Post 3.0
4/4/13 6:15 PM
crumbs

He's watched Jake shields pass test for years without getting caught, so of course he's paranoid.
4/4/13 6:15 PM
orcus

buckshot44 - 

^^ Agreed completely.  Test EVERYONE, or don't test anyone.  Something shady going on.

I don't think any AC ever tests everyone on the card.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.