UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> House abandons bill to decriminalize pot

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/4/13 10:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jack Carter
1114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.staradvertiser.com/s?action=login&f=y&id=201391661

House abandons bill to decriminalize pot

The state House on Wednesday discarded a bill that would have decriminalized the possession of small amounts of marijuana after House leaders concluded they lacked the votes to advance the legislation.

The bill would have made the possession of up to 20 grams of marijuana — less than an ounce — a civil penalty that would have drawn a $100 fine.

4/5/13 2:43 AM
FCTV808
330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good or bad?

4/5/13 3:12 PM
JIMMYNAKS
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

50/50?

Bad in that courts and LE have to waste time, resources and money on something as Manini as a little weed.

Good in that now you're neighbor and his friends can't openly puff puff pass outside the house in the open as the smoke drifts into your house where your kid is playing.

Although they can still just get drunk and make a lot of noise at 3am. Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 6:57 AM
sufferingsuckatash
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JIMMYNAKS - 50/50?

Bad in that courts and LE have to waste time, resources and money on something as Manini as a little weed.

Good in that now you're neighbor and his friends can't openly puff puff pass outside the house in the open as the smoke drifts into your house where your kid is playing.

Although they can still just get drunk and make a lot of noise at 3am. Phone Post 3.0

the neighbors should be in your house puff puff passing it to your kid and his friends
4/6/13 1:06 PM
jjmtg
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Same as jimmy, but also bad because illegalness allows for organzied crime to follow. What used to be mom and pop or even local people growing marijuana is slowly turning to hard core cartels from Mexico. If it continues to be illegal and a need is there, the cartels will take over. Thats the real reason it should be made legal. Everything else is bullshit.

HPD has their reasons for pushing so hard to keep it illegal. The Legislature has their reasons for trying to make it a civil fine.

But one day, the cartels will take over the Hawaii market and then its over for all of us.
4/6/13 1:12 PM
JIMMYNAKS
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The average person in Hawaii does not believe there is organized crime in Hawaii, let alone Cartel. Nobody is or will be worried until it's in their back yard. when it's already too late.
Typical head in the sand mentality until it personally effects them.

Like the homeless under the via duct. Nobody gave a shit about them and Local Law Enforcement got NO support on handling that situation....Until a group of them tried to steal fiber optics thinking it was copper and it effected everyone's phone and internet service. THEN it was "Why don't you guys do something about THOSE people?!?!?"

Hear me now, believe me later
4/6/13 1:13 PM
JIMMYNAKS

sufferingsuckatash - 
JIMMYNAKS - 50/50?

the neighbors should be in your house puff puff passing it to your kid and his friends

I welcome the day Someone offers anything to my kids and I'm there.

Nothing will happen because I'm obviously just a keyboard warrior, but I still welcome the day.
4/6/13 1:15 PM
jjmtg
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/06/13 1:17 PM
<br />How marijuana legalization will affect Mexico’s cartels, in charts<br /> <br /><br />Posted by Olga Khazan on November 9, 2012 at 4:24 pm<br /> />The decision by voters in Colorado and Washington state to legalize the recreational use of marijuana has “changed the rules of the game” for the administration of Mexican President-elect Enrique Peña Nieto in the U.S.-backed drug war, according to a report by the Washington Post’s William Booth.<br /><br /><br />They also found that in the worst-case scenario for the drug traffickers, legalization in California would mean Mexican marijuana would retain less than 9 to 15 percent of its original market share in the U.S. But if you factor in smuggling costs, excise taxes and the perceived potency of the product, the market share could remain as high as 33 to 38 percent.

In the lead-up to the referenda in Mexico and Colorado, the Mexican Competitiveness Institute released a study estimating that Mexico’s cartels would lose $1.425 billion if the initiative passed in Colorado and $1.372 billion if Washington voted to legalize. The organization also predicted that drug trafficking revenues would fall 20 to 30 percent, and the Sinaloa cartel, which would be the most affected, would lose up to 50 percent.
4/6/13 2:58 PM
JIMMYNAKS

$$$$$$$$
4/7/13 5:42 AM
jjmtg

JIMMYNAKS - $$$$$$$$

Here's the other thing about money. And not to say this is the only thing driving HPD towards keeping it illegal but it is something to think about.

If marijuana possession is NOT illegal, meaning legal in Hawaii. Then HPD would not be able to go for Federal grant money that specifically addresses marijuana. I'm not sure how much that really is but helicopter costs, eradication costs, grow house money, buy bust $$$.

Since I am temporarily working under a grant let me shed some light on the subject. When applying for a grant the entity applying for the grant usually only ask for half of what they need and somewhere in the rest of the body of the grant they will say how much $$$ they are going to put in and therefore the Federal government should give us the other half since we not asking for the whole thing. Or less. Then the applicants go back to their bosses/admin and say, look the federal government is already giving us half (or less) so authorize the rest. The sgt/lt. then hires the person (in this case HPD officers) already doing the job but gives them either more money or OT money. Hahahaha. So yeah, HPD doesn't want it legal it cuts into their cash flow.

I would bet that half of HPD, dont care if its illegal if it means that crazy ass meth addict wouldn't do meth and smoked bud and crashed, instead of staying up for a month and frying his brain to figuring out how to score more ice!
4/10/13 3:34 PM
SupBrah808
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ahh this is sad. anyone know about drug testing for employees/volunteers @ KP health research center??? got an internship and am a undergraduate..
4/10/13 8:20 PM
falsecrack
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SupBrah808 - ahh this is sad. anyone know about drug testing for employees/volunteers @ KP health research center??? got an internship and am a undergraduate..

solid first post

4/10/13 11:32 PM
FCTV808
330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

welcome to the HG supbrah808!

4/11/13 12:12 AM
SupBrah808

been lurking for awhile! dont wanna get flame for being a noob....but couldnt seem to find an answer to my question and saw this topic on the hawaii UG. figured why not. thanks for the welcome.
4/11/13 9:01 AM
JIMMYNAKS

SupBrah808 - ahh this is sad. anyone know about drug testing for employees/volunteers @ KP health research center??? got an internship and am a undergraduate..
Call HR and say you're a student doing a survey. Ask a few work place policy questions before sliding the drug test question in.

That's what I would do. Phone Post 3.0
4/11/13 9:01 AM
JIMMYNAKS

Smoke weed......

Everyday. Phone Post 3.0
4/11/13 11:04 AM
SupBrah808

definitely doin this. great advice. idk why internships even bother to test college students for thc..
4/11/13 11:29 AM
jjmtg

Probably one of two things. Liability insurance or federal grant requirements or homeland security requirements. Im working under federal grant and have drug testing on myself and the volunteers Phone Post
4/11/13 4:42 PM
SupBrah808

gonna do the fake call soon, but just by reading up on policies and whatnot, and KP being such a huge company I have a feeling my welcome/orientation day will come with a surprise piss test. no pakalolo for the next 6 weeks :( gonna be hitting the cardio extra hard...
4/11/13 10:01 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be there in 4 weeks for business and vacation and was hoping to participate in some island smoke but my current job situation is turning to be most unfortunate for that. May have to abstain which is kind of a buzz kill. Was gonna take down a j and then destroy JJD's. Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 8:07 PM
SupBrah808

UGCTT_SidRival - I'll be there in 4 weeks for business and vacation and was hoping to participate in some island smoke but my current job situation is turning to be most unfortunate for that. May have to abstain which is kind of a buzz kill. Was gonna take down a j and then destroy JJD's. Phone Post 3.0

Its a shame that those of us who can handle our shit have to stop smoking because of idiots that live off the stuff. Im a daily smoker. all my friends are. but we still perform at school/collegiate athletics. its crazy that even after all the research done and the fact that many successful people love to smoke...the bad image surrounding it requires drug testing. /rant.
4/13/13 7:34 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SupBrah808 -
UGCTT_SidRival - I'll be there in 4 weeks for business and vacation and was hoping to participate in some island smoke but my current job situation is turning to be most unfortunate for that. May have to abstain which is kind of a buzz kill. Was gonna take down a j and then destroy JJD's. Phone Post 3.0

Its a shame that those of us who can handle our shit have to stop smoking because of idiots that live off the stuff. Im a daily smoker. all my friends are. but we still perform at school/collegiate athletics. its crazy that even after all the research done and the fact that many successful people love to smoke...the bad image surrounding it requires drug testing. /rant.
I was waking up at 5am and working out, then going to work for a full 8, then going to trane UFC 4-5 hours, 5 days a week when I was smoking. Was high the whole time haha. Helped me focus. Quit my job after I got the bright idea to move to Hawaii with these morans and then after it didn't work out there I moved back to CA and had to find a job. Quit smoking to pass a drug test. Ironically I lost my motivation, quit traneing UFC, started sitting on the couch playing video games all day, gained 40 pounds and basically became what most people think of as a pot head.. AFTER I QUIT SMOKING. Lol. Ass backwards. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.