UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Watson stands by his challenge to Wand

4/5/13 4:14 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

After this win at UFC on Fuel TV 8 over Brian Stann, Wanderlei Silva had more than one fighter call him out for next bout, including the UK's Tom Watson. Today in a Q&A before the UFC on Fuel TV 9 in Stockholm, Watson stood behind his words:

A full month after calling out MMA legend Wanderlei Silva (35-12-1 MMA, 5-7 UFC), Watson remans adamant he would knock out the Brazilian if given the chance.

And while he's come under fire from some fans who believe he's being a bit disrespectful, Watson said he has no regrets.

"From my point of view, I go online and I say, 'Wanderlei, you're a legend. Please can I fight you?' Nobody cares," Watson said. "If I go in there and say, 'Wanderlei, listen. Come to fight, and I'll knock you out' – which I will do, you know that – then maybe we'll fight."

read entire...

4/5/13 4:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course he does...
It would be good for him either way. Phone Post 3.0
4/5/13 4:52 PM
3rdLion
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just want to see good fights nowadays and this would be a fucking war, both of them come to fight and Kong is near impossible to knock out. Wand won't fight for a title now so it doesn't matter about rankings.

Make the fight, it would be fun.
4/5/13 5:15 PM
grkblood
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Show Radio, janitor

No one cares Tom. Wand is a legend and you're not so what you want doesn't matter.

4/5/13 5:46 PM
ChaosOverkill
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He pays respect to Wanderlei by explanining the nature of his callout and people continue to be butthurt.

Advancing career how does it work?

4/5/13 6:03 PM
TheRaider
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry Watson, no legend for you.

Earn the fight. Phone Post
4/5/13 6:09 PM
xsrg95
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

He pays respect to Wanderlei by explanining the nature of his callout and people continue to be butthurt.

win fights, but if this fight does happen i hope this fuck gets brutally knocked out like Schaub did vs Nog. you drop the respect line by saying "drop to 185 and get KTFO"

4/5/13 6:11 PM
LastRowCarl

ChaosOverkill -

Yea but wand is in his final years... and looking back at his legacy, he can do it right, which has already been blurred do to his ko losses and record, or go out like pulver and never stop fighting and everyone is just concerned with his wellbeing. ..

Kong is whatever at this point and had alot of backing up to do with his mouth.. but I just dont like the match.. plus it wont sell.. wand is a fuel tv headliner so I just dont see it unless kong goes 3-4 in a row with one sided affairs Phone Post
4/5/13 6:28 PM
DoomFarmer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand could give a shit. Phone Post
4/5/13 6:32 PM
shaqitup
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/05/13 6:32 PM

Wand: "okay i fight you"

"Apriw foos"

4/5/13 7:13 PM
shrekk

Edited: 04/05/13 7:13 PM
Ridiculous statement from a fucking idiot, he'll never get the honor of a fight with Wand, Wand has nothing to gain from that fight, in any case he would smash him, IF he wanted to fight Wand, he should go to 205, Why the fuck would Wand move down again after such an amazing performance to fight some no name bum?, This guy is fucktarded i'm 100% sure about it.
4/5/13 7:33 PM
Kid Salami
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who?

4/5/13 9:00 PM
Utah get me two

So he's the UK's version of the gigantic douche Brendan Schaub, who tried to make his name by calling out past-their-prime HW's, and paid the price when he was humiliated by Big Nog?

I hope Watson gets his wish, and gets fucking mugged by Wandy.

ZERO respect for the fighters that made this sport what it is, and claiming that insulting Wand is just how to make a fight is doubly douchey. Wand is past the contender stage, so why call for the fight at all? You want to make your name at the expense of an aging star. Fuck off.
4/5/13 9:06 PM
DoomFarmer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Utah get me two - So he's the UK's version of the gigantic douche Brendan Schaub, who tried to make his name by calling out past-their-prime HW's, and paid the price when he was humiliated by Big Nog?

I hope Watson gets his wish, and gets fucking mugged by Wandy.

ZERO respect for the fighters that made this sport what it is, and claiming that insulting Wand is just how to make a fight is doubly douchey. Wand is past the contender stage, so why call for the fight at all? You want to make your name at the expense of an aging star. Fuck off.
Totally agree. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.