UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Attn. Joe Rogan

4/5/13 7:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
supercan
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will be commentating my first fights tomorrow night at Gladiators of the Cage, a local show near Pittsburgh, PA.  Can you please give me your one best tip for commentating fights?  I would be very grateful.  *prepares for UG's unsolicited tips*

So you know I'm not some strange internet creeper - I'm the guy that started the UG Grand Prix a few years back.  I now own my own gym (www.getabsolutefit.com). 

4/5/13 7:36 PM
Larfox
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take some Alpha Brain, eat some of Joey Diaz's Banana bread, and you'll do just fine.
4/5/13 7:38 PM
FearTheClown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck, don't think Joe comes on here everyday so chances of him seeing this before the event are slim.

4/5/13 7:41 PM
Motivated Penn
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just don't be cunty, bro.
4/5/13 7:44 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the ref or judges make a mistake, dwell on it until the next fight is halfway over :)

I keed I keed Joe is the best. Phone Post 3.0
4/5/13 7:45 PM
MattBFD
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep an eye on the ice. Phone Post 3.0
4/5/13 7:46 PM
The Mouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supercan - 

I will be commentating my first fights tomorrow night at Gladiators of the Cage, a local show near Pittsburgh, PA.  Can you please give me your one best tip for commentating fights?  I would be very grateful.  *prepares for UG's unsolicited tips*

So you know I'm not some strange internet creeper - I'm the guy that started the UG Grand Prix a few years back.  I now own my own gym (www.getabsolutefit.com). 

Honestly, if you can't think of what you were trying to say... don't fucking stutter, say uh or um or any of those other pause words.

Thats it.
4/5/13 7:48 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try and get the names right!

:)

Good luck and break a leg. Phone Post 3.0
4/5/13 8:06 PM
supercan
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to be a minister, believe it or fucking not. I was basically a public speaker for a living. I'm pretty good at that part.
4/5/13 8:11 PM
Diazed And Confused
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With my own experience in the public field and commenting, just keep going.

Fuck ups happen, it's natural, but they're only obvious when you let them show. Just keep moving onto the next thing and keep the flow going, if you stop it'll just exentuate the problem. Phone Post 3.0
4/5/13 8:12 PM
David Mortensen
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MattBFD - Keep an eye on the ice. Phone Post 3.0
Damnit bet me to it Phone Post
4/6/13 2:40 PM
supercan

TTT for Joe.
4/7/13 11:54 AM
supercan

I know. Lame to TTT my own thread. The first commentating experience last night was great! I am now slated to work with my partner again at a much larger venue in Pittsburgh in July.

Joe...would still love a tip, good sir.
4/7/13 12:03 PM
Poindexter
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Come on Joe!

4/7/13 12:43 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supercan - I know. Lame to TTT my own thread. The first commentating experience last night was great! I am now slated to work with my partner again at a much larger venue in Pittsburgh in July.

Joe...would still love a tip, good sir.
Glad you had fun! Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 12:53 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

TTT. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 2:13 PM
donovese
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My favorite part of Rogan's commentary is how thoroughly he explains the grappling aspect of the fight. He explains what each guy is doing or should be doing. I don't trane at all, but I have become pretty good at understanding what's going on when there is grappling going on.

This isn't what you asked for, but I hope it might help.

VTFU for good luck!! Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 12:43 PM
supercan

This is my self-bump of the day. TTT for Joe. My broadcast partner and I would be incredibly honored for a quick response and tip from Joe.
4/8/13 12:52 PM
RickStorm
1779 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

TTT

-Until Joe

4/8/13 12:56 PM
discodrew
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Powerful supercan Phone Post
4/8/13 12:58 PM
NoGiAdcc
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check for ice in the ring. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 1:05 PM
Tat2tillidie
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

C'mon joe help a UG'er out ... Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 1:45 PM
PrettyBoy
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You No Hey Hey! Phone Post
4/8/13 2:24 PM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax

Take an adderall.. Phone Post
4/8/13 2:31 PM
TheRaider
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Joe, where you goin' with that bong in your hand.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.