UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> SEX in WMMA.

4/8/13 11:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RedSweat
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dMo -

VTFU.... Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 1:18 AM
SHOOTMedia
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheSHOOT! - Miesha Tate talks about her upcoming fight versus Cat, and a whole lot more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiV5yhKZTtA

ENJOY!

- SHOOTMedia
4/9/13 1:28 AM
scarfacedave
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who's the troll and the pig with lipstick?
4/9/13 5:16 AM
Edelweiss
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To put "lipstick on a pig" is a rhetorical expression, used to convey the message that making superficial or cosmetic changes is a futile attempt to disguise the true nature of a product. I thought it was a common expression, but I guess it's not.

Thanks, Rainier. I'm glad it made you laugh.

4/9/13 5:27 AM
Dominicf
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's a harmless hint you can give me: Does the fighter you're referencing via the 'lipstick on a pig' actually have brown hair?
4/9/13 5:34 AM
Edelweiss
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I suppose my picture kind of resembles this picture of Bellator fighter Felice Herrig. That's a little bit of a stretch though. I think it's just a troll that wanted attention so much that it got naked and crawled into the top of the frame of the picture. No real relation to any person real or fictional.

4/9/13 5:45 AM
Edelweiss

Dominicf - Here's a harmless hint you can give me: Does the fighter you're referencing via the 'lipstick on a pig' actually have brown hair?

Haha. The pig is a metaphor. It isn't supposed to represent a specific person, but an expression. The expression is used to convey the message that making superficial or cosmetic changes is a futile attempt to disguise the true nature of a product.

Sorry I was beating around the bush. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and usually try to keep these cartoons lighthearted. This one went a little dark, and I didn't want to get banned over it. Overall, I feel that there are certain fighters that say they stand for one thing, or try to portray themselves in a certain light, but their actions are more representative of their true nature. Thus, you can take a pig and smear lipstick on it in an attempt to "pretty it up", but it is still a pig at the end of the day. 

P.S. I'm not calling any fighter a pig.

4/9/13 9:01 AM
Big Pookie
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yoghurt - 
Rox19 -  The first picture is offensive. ??.???
I don't care about the well-endowed lady breaking boards with her boobs. That's quite amazing, actually, and Gina is beautiful. Hi dmo! Phone Post

Why did you find it offensive?

Just a guess... but maybe because it could be viewed as fighter bashing? Or maybe cause its poking fun at WMMA?
4/9/13 10:06 AM
Yoghurt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Pookie - 
Yoghurt - 
I don't care about the well-endowed lady breaking boards with her boobs. That's quite amazing, actually, and Gina is beautiful. Hi dmo! Phone Post

Just a guess... but maybe because it could be viewed as fighter bashing? Or maybe cause its poking fun at WMMA?

So are shoops generally fighter bashing? And poking fun at MMA?

Why are we being more sensitive about WMMA?
4/9/13 4:41 PM
Edelweiss

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - You rock OP. VTFU Phone Post 3.0

Thanks, brother. Right back at ya.

4/9/13 4:42 PM
Edelweiss

Yoghurt - 
Big Pookie - 
Yoghurt - 

So are shoops generally fighter bashing? And poking fun at MMA?

Why are we being more sensitive about WMMA?

VTFU

4/9/13 9:03 PM
Rox19
489 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighter bashing. Phone Post
4/9/13 9:06 PM
Rox19
489 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I shouldn't have to explain why it's gross... Unmentionables are hanging out. Lol. I usually try not to comment, but this pic grossed me out and bashed fighters. But whatever. Phone Post
4/9/13 9:09 PM
Utah get me two
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rox19 -  Fighter bashing. Phone Post

Only 1/4 fighter bashing. Cheeto isn't a fighter anymore, the random pig is more of a general commentary (the thread IS titled "Sex in WMMA"), and the Felice homage is kind of funny.

So you'd owe the OP 1/4 of a vote-down, or if you have tiniest bit of a sense of humor, 3/4 of a vote-up.

VOTE UP THIS MAN. PAY THIS MAN HIS VTFU.

[/Malkovich]
4/9/13 10:28 PM
Edelweiss

Voted up for the Rounders reference and for defending the art. People can infer what they will about the cartoon, but it wasn't my intention to fighter bash.

4/10/13 12:52 AM
Team GDP
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i keep coming back to vote you up but it hasnt been 24 hours yet. oh well ttt

4/10/13 1:36 AM
Edelweiss

Team GDP - 

i keep coming back to vote you up but it hasnt been 24 hours yet. oh well ttt

You're awesome! I told you I would get you every time I see your name, and that has been three times now. Team GDP convinced me to start this thread, so vote him up too if you guys can.

4/10/13 4:59 PM
scarfacedave
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edelweiss - 

To put "lipstick on a pig" is a rhetorical expression, used to convey the message that making superficial or cosmetic changes is a futile attempt to disguise the true nature of a product. I thought it was a common expression, but I guess it's not.

I know what the expression means and it is a common expression. My question was, who this idiom was in reference to. Apparently, it's referring to WMMA in general.

Silk hat on a pig, polish a turd, they all mean the same thing...

Great drawing by the way, you're obviously very talented and a bit pretentious.
4/10/13 5:42 PM
6ULDV8
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/10/13 9:15 PM
Edelweiss

scarfacedave - 
Edelweiss - 

I know what the expression means and it is a common expression. My question was, who this idiom was in reference to. Apparently, it's referring to WMMA in general.

Silk hat on a pig, polish a turd, they all mean the same thing...

Great drawing by the way, you're obviously very talented and a bit pretentious.

You were the second person to ask who the pig in lipstick was. Previous to your question, I said it was just a pig in lipstick and not a fighter. So, I thought maybe the inference wasn't very clear, and I was just trying to clear it up. I wasn't trying to speak down to you, or anyone else. It seemed like the picture was confusing, and that's not what I wanted. I wanted some to laugh at the sight gags, while others caught the deeper meaning.

The main point of the picture was to portray the humor in certain WMMA fighters. They are pushing for acceptance, credibility, and equality, but  do things that sabotage themselves. For instance; lying about ones sex in order to fight the opposite sex, hormonally altering oneself into a man while trying  to be a sex symbol, or pushing one's ultra sexy image, but not being able to deal with criticism. This is "SEX in WMMA", or a pig in lipstick. It is the ugly side of WMMA.

Thankfully, there are many awesome WMMA fighters. Some are on these boards, and they couldn't be any more down to earth and likeable. They are great representatives for their sport.

Now, Scarfacedave, what's your story and what do you look like? I'm about to get pretentious on that ass :)

4/10/13 9:39 PM
Dominicf
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We all understood in the first place what a pig in lipstick means. It's just that the other 3 characters in the picture represent 3 actual individuals.

Hence people asking who the pig represents. But now you have explained that the pig doesn't represent anyone in particular. Which is fair enough, now I get it. :)
4/10/13 10:39 PM
Edelweiss

Dominicf - We all understood in the first place what a pig in lipstick means. It's just that the other 3 characters in the picture represent 3 actual individuals.

Hence people asking who the pig represents. But now you have explained that the pig doesn't represent anyone in particular. Which is fair enough, now I get it. :)

HAHA. Dammit. I'm an idiot. 

4/10/13 11:39 PM
Edelweiss

6ULDV8 - 

4/11/13 12:47 AM
6ULDV8
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/11/13 12:49 AM
EFeeez
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.