UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is this the perfect time for Diaz to retire?

4/6/13 3:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Azn Keyboard Warrior
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Nick, hes a cool dude and always comes to fight. I always rooted for him to get title shot(something he worked and earned hard for) and argued that he won that 1 2 5. I knew he would have no chance against gsp similar to nate diaz vs ben but i just wanted to see him give it a try.

With not much more he can accomplish,, do you think its time for him to retire? I dont ever see him beating gsp, that requires him to bulk up cuz hes so physiclly weak compared to all the other fighters, but thats just not how he does things.

Always and still a Nick Diaz fan. Phone Post
4/6/13 4:12 AM
Jambo888
509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he can accomplish making a ton more cash unless he has some other lucrative options he prefers to go after

4/6/13 4:23 AM
bknumber1
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Terrible time for him to retire. There are a ton of great fights that make him big money available at 170. He worked his whole life for the big fights, why walk away when you have them? Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 4:24 AM
richit

He and all those around him should spend the time while he is still a fighter dwelling on UFC 158 or a superfight with Anderson Silva. (Not to say that will happen but I guess at this stage this is his best usage of his time) Phone Post
4/6/13 4:39 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rrefs - I'd love to see diaz at #2 until GSP retires then #1.
# 2? Bro he's not even top 5 currently. Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 7:02 AM
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
rrefs - I'd love to see diaz at #2 until GSP retires then #1.
# 2? Bro he's not even top 5 currently. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 7:11 AM
ortman166

I agree with op. any rational thinker knows he was robbed against condit so no need for a rematch. He's a good fighter he just has the ultimate point fighter in his division. And he obviously wants to actually fight and not play that game. The only reason he shouldn't is gsp my retire soon also. Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 7:18 AM
AussieMayhem

bknumber1 - Terrible time for him to retire. There are a ton of great fights that make him big money available at 170. He worked his whole life for the big fights, why walk away when you have them? Phone Post 3.0
This!!! Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 7:28 AM
Seats Taken
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not a fan at all, but I'm not a hater either. He needs to fight. We can argue about who won the Condit fight and point fighting and all that until we're blue in the face, but the fact is he is 0-2 in his last bouts, in rather lackluster fights. He passed his drug test so he needs to get a fight lined up... And nnnooooo not Anderson Silva for fucks sake. Get some W's under his belt. Fight some guys on the lower end of the top 10 and see how he fares.

Also, against popular opinion I wouldn't mind a rematch with Condit. I know that Condit has to be embarrassed about that fight compared to how he normally fights. I think he would want to prove a point and they would both show up to kill Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 7:32 AM
ortman166

And yes I'm aware i jut went full fan boy Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 7:43 AM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody wants to see him retire, but he looked like he didn't even want to be there against GSP. It's a waste of talent if he doesn't fight. But if his heart's not in it, then he has no business doing it anymore.

Even though it would be a waste of his ground skills, I wouldn't mind see him get into boxing. 

4/6/13 5:10 PM
Azn Keyboard Warrior

bknumber1 - Terrible time for him to retire. There are a ton of great fights that make him big money available at 170. He worked his whole life for the big fights, why walk away when you have them? Phone Post 3.0
But the difference between nick and other fighters is that he doesnt do it for the money. He does what he loves and stays true to his word. He says that he did mma cause he loved martial arts not layprayin or point fighting.

With no motivation to fight, and doing it just for $ were more likely to see diaz just lose the next few fights till he gets cut/retired Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.