UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wand disrespected Stann during fight.

4/6/13 3:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JTA420
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

During the 1st round when Stann comes charging forward and Silva counters and makes Stann back up. Wand smiles and nods his head and makes the come on gesture with his fingers at Stann. Stann then places his hand out for a glove touch and Wand throws 2 lethal strikes that land hard and Stann starts firing back which leads to Stann dropping Silva for the second time. Come on now Wandy. This happens with 3:28 left in rd. 1. Phone Post
4/6/13 4:00 AM
JTA420
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 4:02 AM
JTA420

Wand attacking after. So unsportsmanlike Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 4:02 AM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/06/13 4:02 AM

good.   we dont need bro hugs and gay glove taps during the fights.

4/6/13 4:04 AM
JTA420

MMALOGIC - 

Stann was showing respect like the gentelman he is and Silva being unsportsmanlike took advantage of an unproteced Stann.

4/6/13 4:05 AM
John Bugara

i hope you are a troll... it's a fight. just because some fighters like to hug their opponents doesn't mean it's not your own stupid fault if you go for a mid round glove touch and get flattened.
4/6/13 4:06 AM
Letibleu
1641 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

this  Phone Post

4/6/13 7:04 AM
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu -
MMALOGIC - 

this  Phone Post

Double this.

I like Rich Franklin but he's the absolute worst when it comes to this.

The best thing about Diaz is if you so much try to tap gloves he will slap them away. Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 7:17 AM
TheMessiah

This is the fight game... I don't see the disrespect you speak of! Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 7:22 AM
GARRYD

JTA420 - During the 1st round when Stann comes charging forward and Silva counters and makes Stann back up. Wand smiles and nods his head and makes the come on gesture with his fingers at Stann. Stann then places his hand out for a glove touch and Wand throws 2 lethal strikes that land hard and Stann starts firing back which leads to Stann dropping Silva for the second time. Come on now Wandy. This happens with 3:28 left in rd. 1. Phone Post

Who cares ??
4/6/13 7:30 AM
TKOhYeah
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I wanna see Wand hug more... Not go into beast mode! O_o

Stann's fault, and I guarantee he had no issue with it either. Stop stirring op, last thing Wand is is disrespectful! Phone Post
4/6/13 7:40 AM
Kanye loves fishdicks
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GloverRampagedMyBrownEye -
Letibleu -
MMALOGIC - 

this  Phone Post

Double this.

The best thing about Diaz is if you so much try to tap gloves he will slap them away. Phone Post 3.0
I think Joe Daddy was by far the worst for this. Especially against Luke Cumo Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 7:42 AM
INDK
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There should be no tapping gloves ever Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 8:36 AM
jman
444 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/06/13 8:38 AM
"Protect yourself at all times"..."If you want to touch gloves, do so now"...etc

- Touching gloves at the begining of every round (wasting time).
- A high five after a good shot.
- A big hug before the final round.

I love sportsmanship, but the time for "mutual respect intimacy" between competitors is before and after the fight...not DURING the fight.
4/6/13 8:49 AM
Joeymarvelous
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only glove touch during a fight that I consider appropriate is after an accidental foul. The worst ever was Barry vs CroCop. Dfw should have cut pay for that shit. Phone Post
4/6/13 8:51 AM
The_Spider
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You won't be complaining when women start hugging and kissing before, during, and after a fight. Don't forget the behind the scenes locker room clips, with comments on how soft their skin is, running their hands through the other's hair gently, cheek pinches, invitations to the after after party.
4/6/13 9:16 AM
Thankful1

So a professional fighter nicknamed the Axe Murderer didn't want to high-five his opponent during the middle of a fight? WTF is this world coming to??? I guess it's like Gus said, "Sometimes these things happen in MMA." Sadface.
4/6/13 9:53 AM
fsshariq
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"One does not simply touch gloves with Wanderlei Silva in the heat of a battle" Phone Post
4/6/13 10:22 AM
cortXbomb

You don't spit in the wind, you don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't take your gi off while you're fighting Wanderlei Silva, and you don't try to give Wanderlei Silva dap while he's trying to knock you out.
4/6/13 11:03 AM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herpaderp - i dont care about the comfort women
I see...
What you did there. Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 11:14 AM
swedsteve
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I noticed this but i think stann realized that he should probably not stop defending himself. Unlesssss Wand puts up a hand at a distance and is obviously trying to give respect. Like.. its a someeeewhat "cheap" shot but Wandy never really "put his hand up" to show respect, so stann shouldnt have either. And stann came back super hard righttt after this and shortly knocked wandy downnn i believeee. Phone Post
4/6/13 11:18 AM
Masakyst
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/06/13 11:19 AM
Stann rocked him and then wanted to calm the beast. If he's tapping gloves, he's not throwing bolos.

There are lots of fighters who have used the mid-fight glove tap as a way to control the pace of their opponent.
4/6/13 11:19 AM
88samurai88
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GloverRampagedMyBrownEye -
Letibleu -
MMALOGIC - 

this  Phone Post

Double this.

Ya im all about good sportsmanship but ive seen a few instances where im cringing ad shaking my head...was it pat barry who was slow dancing and hugging cro cop? Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 11:51 AM
KneeToFaceKO

MMALOGIC -

Word Phone Post
4/6/13 11:52 AM
skeme99

it looked as though stann didnt realize wand was giving him a "come at me" gesture & was instead trying to high five, while wand on the other hand was locked in eye to eye with stann waiting for any movement so he could bomb. he probably didnt even realize stann was trying to shake hands. all happened kinda fast, just a misunderstanding, wand is all class

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.