UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How could Rousey expect to beat Cyborg?

4/6/13 9:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
InYoMommaCloset
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, 100x threads on this already and blah blah.
Bite me.
Here's my more original take.

Cyborg....is.... fucking....HUGE!!

Holy shit.
That's incredible for a woman.
Her hands.... are fucking HUGE!!
She's got a pair of shovels for hands.
Upper back, arms, everything.

She was toying with the Ozzy girl.
Literally toying with her.
When she started to use the knees it was just to finish the job.
Personally, I think if she used the knees earlier she could have finished her inside the first minutes.

And respect to that Ozzy girl for taking that fight.
Fucking HUGE respect.

Rousey's main strength thus far has been her athleticism and physically imposing style (she was olympic caliber athletically speaking) against her opponents, whom, let's face it, have all been pretty tidy small girls that she can easily bully to the ground.

That's not gonna happen with Cyborg.
That puts that game plan immediately out the window.

How long do you think a judo player can eat them kind of shots for?

Ronda could probably go with takedown attempts into later rounds, given her background.
But continuously eating heavy leather might erode her capability to do that somewhat.

Bottom line.

Cyborg mauls Rousey.

I'd bet my house on it.
4/6/13 9:36 AM
MarkRobinson
1287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't disagree with you but this is hardly an original take on the subject. Phone Post
4/6/13 9:46 AM
Lurkdaddy316
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How would she expect to beat her? Probably via armbar after getting mauled and ending up in with Cyborg in her guard. Watch that latest fight and look how high Cyborg lets her opponents legs come up. It could happen. Sure, Cyborg could probably beat Ronda into a coma too, but let's not act like an armbar couldn't happen.
4/6/13 9:53 AM
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rather simple:

1. Take her down
2. Armbar

She needs to work on the first part Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 10:12 AM
InYoMommaCloset
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/06/13 10:15 AM
^^ Can't see it happening.

Carmouche showed Rousey's armbar can be defended well; she just got outmuscled.

Doesn't happen with Cyborg.

Getting the takedown?

Maybe, but she's gonna eat a whole bunch of heavy leather doing it and, honest, I simply cannot see Rousey controlling Cyborg on the ground, least of all enough to fully lock in a mounted armbar without roughing her up first, which is highly unlikely to happen.
4/6/13 10:14 AM
InYoMommaCloset

Rouseys toughest fight thus far has probably been Tate.

Tate and Cyborg don't compare in terms of physical strength.

Sorry I could go on all day but it's clear to me that, whilst Ronda might hang tough with Cyborg for a time, there's no way in this life or the next she's gonna beat her.
Not even close.

Ronda gets pounded to a stoppage.
That's my prediction.
4/6/13 10:27 AM
mose
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How could Nog defeat Cro Cop?

4/6/13 10:55 AM
Steve4192
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at all of Rousey's opponents being 'pretty tidy small girls'.

Julia Budd is gigantic and Ediane Gomes is fucking she-beast. Rousey finished them both in just over a minute combined.
4/6/13 11:01 AM
Steve4192
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"How long do you think a judo player can eat them kind of shots for?"

Judo players historically have some of the best beards in MMA history. I honestly can't think of any glass-jawed judo guys, but I can think of a bunch who have great chins.
4/6/13 11:03 AM
DatSpider
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/06/13 11:03 AM
I think Ronda would win it by armbar, surprise.

Gina mounted Cyborg and the former stood up for some dumb reason otherwise I think she could have won against, arguably, a juiced up opponent.

Ronda has great throws, very tenacious and she's not small herself which means there's a big chance this will hit the floor in which case Cyborg is screwed.
4/6/13 11:06 AM
Forssberg

mose - How could Nog defeat Cro Cop?

Nonsense! Cris is actually pretty good at the BJJ thingy. She's not a pure striker like Crocop
4/6/13 11:58 AM
JOESONDO
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InYoMommaCloset - Yeah, 100x threads on this already and blah blah.
Bite me.
Here's my more original take.

Cyborg....is.... fucking....HUGE!!

Holy shit.
That's incredible for a woman.
Her hands.... are fucking HUGE!!
She's got a pair of shovels for hands.
Upper back, arms, everything.

She was toying with the Ozzy girl.
Literally toying with her.
When she started to use the knees it was just to finish the job.
Personally, I think if she used the knees earlier she could have finished her inside the first minutes.

And respect to that Ozzy girl for taking that fight.
Fucking HUGE respect.

Rousey's main strength thus far has been her athleticism and physically imposing style (she was olympic caliber athletically speaking) against her opponents, whom, let's face it, have all been pretty tidy small girls that she can easily bully to the ground.

That's not gonna happen with Cyborg.
That puts that game plan immediately out the window.

How long do you think a judo player can eat them kind of shots for?

Ronda could probably go with takedown attempts into later rounds, given her background.
But continuously eating heavy leather might erode her capability to do that somewhat.

Bottom line.

Cyborg mauls Rousey.

I'd bet my house on it.
Do you have pictures and location of your house? What's the current value? Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 11:59 AM
Brandable
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg is certainly talented, but that was an incredible mis-match.

4/6/13 12:28 PM
Cya

ttt
4/6/13 12:48 PM
Zapruder
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InYoMommaCloset - ^^ Can't see it happening.

Carmouche showed Rousey's armbar can be defended well; she just got outmuscled.

Doesn't happen with Cyborg.

Getting the takedown?

Maybe, but she's gonna eat a whole bunch of heavy leather doing it and, honest, I simply cannot see Rousey controlling Cyborg on the ground, least of all enough to fully lock in a mounted armbar without roughing her up first, which is highly unlikely to happen.

She got out muscled?! Go watch the finish again and if that doesnt convince you you REALLY need to hit the mat and train more.

It would be very interesting to see Rouseys gameplan to close the distance and tie up. I foresee a lot of Randy cage clinches that end in throws.
4/6/13 2:01 PM
mose
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forssberg - 

Nonsense! Cris is actually pretty good at the BJJ thingy. She's not a pure striker like Crocop

Nonsense? That her chance is surviving vicious striking and grabbing an arm, just like how Nog beat Cro Cop?

And Cyborg is a purple belt.
4/6/13 2:30 PM
BLACKBUDDAH

Nothing to see here. Phone Post
4/6/13 2:34 PM
stevekt
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watch the Gracie Breakdown of the Rousey/Carmouche match. She knew what she was doing every step of the way.
4/6/13 2:49 PM
Mark Krumrine
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see so much of these threads and I appreciate that everyone has a opinion but let's not pretend that cyborgs opponent last night (who I respect for stepping up immensely) is on the same level as Rhonda... She put both hands up and out and looked at the floor, it looked like her first stand up ever. Plus she looked scared to death and defeated as soon as the bell rang. Never even took center of the cage. Rousey punches back and takes cyborg down imho either way it doesn't matter as the fight in my eyes doesn't happen ever. Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 2:50 PM
PK618
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mose - 
Forssberg - 

Nonsense? That her chance is surviving vicious striking and grabbing an arm, just like how Nog beat Cro Cop?

And Cyborg is a purple belt.

Exactly what I was thinking. Rousey has already beaten BJJ black belts in MMA (in one of her earlier ammy fights).
4/6/13 2:59 PM
rockafella

lol at the OP having a house.
4/6/13 3:29 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg is so big, strong and athletic that she might be able to keep the distance and throw bombs. The problem is that Ronda's grappling is so strong and instinctive that she could steal this fight by creating a single scramble. Everything I've seen of her makes me believe that Ronda is strong, mentally speaking. I don't see her folding under Cyborg's pressure, and I don't think she'll ever stop attacking with submissions. I think Cyborg might make it out of the first round, but in the end I think she'd tap like the rest.

Ronda Rousey - Submission (RNC) - Rd 2

4/6/13 3:46 PM
Johan Von Brügermëister

She doesnt expect to win and that's why she fights at 135 Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 4:44 PM
Sid22

ARMbar ...u ever seen rousey fight?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.