UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Marcus Brimage vs. Conor McGregor

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/6/13 10:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bradu
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

someone mentioned this before, but McGregor looks very hittable. With the first couple exchanges, I was thinking Brimage was gonna get the KO.

Having said that, I can't wait to see the guy fight again, that was super impressive..pinpoint accuracy, power, great variety to his strikes. Looks like it will be kill or be killed when McGregor steps in the cage.

4/6/13 11:12 PM
Jo'donnell-Davies
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I jumped on the bandwagon Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 11:22 PM
BigFootsSkinnyArm
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to see McDiaz vs. Clay Guida
4/7/13 1:27 AM
kerazzle
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/07/13 1:27 AM
impressive win. McGregor looked hittable but I think it was more about baiting his opponent in. His defense appeared to be his footwork and lateral movement which looked impressive. He also read brimage's movement very well. Brimage came in a straight line without moving his head and he was leaning forward. Conor immediately started throwing uppercuts when he saw that. Very good boxing.
4/7/13 1:38 AM
clattymine
640 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Conor connected with his last 10 strikes.... Crazy accuracy.

I like this dude.
4/7/13 1:52 AM
joshirvine718

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
myjawhurts -
Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - I got Brimage as well, not buying into this mcgregor hype just yet Phone Post
That's just like your opinion man Phone Post 3.0
Again, I didn't state an opinion... Phone Post

Forget it Donny you're out of your element.
4/7/13 2:03 AM
WillyMaunawili
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MuchRespec' - Impressive hands, reminded me if young Chuck. Phone Post 3.0
That's what I was thinking

Awesome hands and very charismatic Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 5:18 PM
BlazerinTraining

kerazzle - impressive win. McGregor looked hittable but I think it was more about baiting his opponent in. His defense appeared to be his footwork and lateral movement which looked impressive. He also read brimage's movement very well. Brimage came in a straight line without moving his head and he was leaning forward. Conor immediately started throwing uppercuts when he saw that. Very good boxing.

I disagree with some of your statement. Even in this GIF you see Marcus use head movement and cut angles a few times in just a few seconds. Yes he was very aggressive and McGregor had a very impressive win. Marcus isn't as experienced as McGregor and it showed in this fight because he let him get to him which caused Marcus to be over aggressive. Marcus took a chance and knew coming in that one of them would get knocked out. Unfortunately it was Marcus but I'm glad he went in looking to make it an exciting fight. His first few fights Marcus was kept on a tight leash in order to get a few wins under his belt. This was the fight that he was supposed to let his hands go and fight how Marcus fights. It didn't work out for him this time but I think it taught him a valuable lesson and if the UFC ever shows him any love he will be back and even more dangerous.

I was surprised at how big McGregor was. He used his reach and showed by beating Marcus that he is dangerous for sure. The thing that pisses me off is how UFC is using him as a stepping stone. Watch McGregor will get a big name fight in Boston after one fight in the UFC. Marcus beat his first three UFC opponents and was still being put up against UFC newcomers. Thats a dangerous position to be in. Everyone expects you to win but theres not much to gain from it. If you lose then UFC acts like you don't deserve to be there.
Look at how much Dana has been on Conors nuts since the fight. Never showed Marcus any love after killing the Hettes or Blanco hype trains
4/7/13 5:23 PM
And Wagners Cut

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman -
myjawhurts -
Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - I got Brimage as well, not buying into this mcgregor hype just yet Phone Post
That's just like your opinion man Phone Post 3.0
Again, I didn't state an opinion... Phone Post
Huh? Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 5:32 PM
Card
2494 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/7/13 5:43 PM
Bootsy Collins
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YES BOY
4/7/13 5:46 PM
caposa
1900 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the best UFC debuts that I can remember. The way he was moving in there was scary.

4/7/13 11:35 PM
Jack Carter
1035 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman -
tonytr - Brimage was a dick on TUF. He's one of those TUF alums who's not going too far so it'd be a shame if he beat a guy like McGregor who does have potential to go far.
Lol wut? Phone Post
You don't get it? Wow are you dumb Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 12:46 AM
Fedoral Crime
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tharian - I'm really impressed by his performance. I wanna see him facing a Top 5 ASAP ... No more prelims for him at least.
Yeah me too. I think him and Elkins would be a good fight for him to show how good his TDD and ground game is.

Tbh, I'm just looking forward to see him fight again. Great addition to the UFC FW and LW divisions.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him fill in for someone at LW soon. Thats the best way to get cars, clothes, boats and ho's! Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 4:20 AM
Skeletor68
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Proud of you Conor! Great to see a good performance after poor Tom Egan got smushed by Hathaway back at UFC 93.

Anyone else see Gunnar Nelson rubbing off on him? (Apologies if already mentioned)

4/8/13 4:29 AM
Jo'donnell-Davies
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Skeletor68 -

Proud of you Conor! Great to see a good performance after poor Tom Egan got smushed by Hathaway back at UFC 93.

Anyone else see Gunnar Nelson rubbing off on him? (Apologies if already mentioned)

Yeah he moves similar to gunni.

I'd like to see mcgregor vs Charles oliviera/Matt grice Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 5:19 AM
Graemeo
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Post-Fight Scrum

4/8/13 5:20 AM
Graemeo
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Before his last Cage Warriors bout with Ivan Buchinger

4/8/13 5:20 AM
Graemeo

Backstage with Conor following his Buchinger victory

4/8/13 9:31 PM
Graemeo

TTT

4/8/13 10:07 PM
genshi
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McGregor is awesome all round...comes from a great team in SBGi too.Team has a lot of guys UFC bound...Cathal Pendred next most likely. Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 12:09 AM
williepep
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excuse the ignorance, but is that Straight Blast Gym (Ireland) ?
4/10/13 7:16 AM
Jo'donnell-Davies

williepep - Excuse the ignorance, but is that Straight Blast Gym (Ireland) ?
Sure is Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 8:33 AM
caposa
1900 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Fair play to the little motherfucker"

He really is the Irish Diaz

4/10/13 9:41 AM
kano350chevy
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.