UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Calf Slicer Variations

4/7/13 6:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
supercan
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff.
4/7/13 7:31 PM
TuLegit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My extensive background in aikido makes me immune to all submissions Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 9:40 PM
mikerobmma
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TuLegit - My extensive background in aikido makes me immune to all submissions Phone Post 3.0

4/7/13 9:54 PM
dannyapodaca
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

N Phone Post
4/7/13 10:51 PM
russkisambist
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This submission is shown wrong. Both legs should be crossed at the ankles and placed directly over the thigh with feet propped agains the stomach. The way the technique is shown leaves attacker's left leg open for an EASY counter. Also it doesn't matter which arm you weave thru. Couple detail that will make this submission tighter are not mentioned Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 11:04 PM
russkisambist
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also I wish people stop saying leg locks are "risky". They are no riskier than plenty of other submissions ( arm bar from mount-you might end up losing position without actually getting the arm bar or attempting triangle- you might not get it and have your guard passed etc). I'm no hater and NOT trying to start an argument on the forum. It's just when people say leg locks are risky it tells me they didn't master leg licks yet. I mean no disrespect to the OP either. It's a noble attempt at instructing a unique sub branch of leg lockery, unfortunately that gentleman isn't qualified to do so Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 11:06 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub
4/7/13 11:10 PM
mikerobmma
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's why I said you don't have to triangle your legs if you feel vulnerable to a counter, that will keep the left leg away from them. I also mentioned in the comments that the trail leg can be kept in reverse knee on belly for transition purposes on the third sub. And I fail to see how one would generate enough power to finish with your stated foot placement, or how that protects your feet any more than being really low on the hip like mine are. It's hard as hell to footlock someone when their feet are that low. If anything, I'd push your foot across my belly and go for a heel hook in the way you describe it. And onto the details, yeah I did leave a few out but:

A. It was my first ever instructional video (note that I am wearing a purple belt)

B. there are often details not covered in an instructional, as there are a lot of "what if" scenarios. If you want to troubleshoot a move or ask all of the details it's easier to actually be on the mat with that person. It's not like I'm trying to release a DVD.

Thanks for commenting, and I'll try out what you're saying a bit to experiment, but you came off as kind of a dick in your post. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 11:33 PM
mikerobmma

russkisambist - Also I wish people stop saying leg locks are "risky". They are no riskier than plenty of other submissions ( arm bar from mount-you might end up losing position without actually getting the arm bar or attempting triangle- you might not get it and have your guard passed etc). I'm no hater and NOT trying to start an argument on the forum. It's just when people say leg locks are risky it tells me they didn't master leg licks yet. I mean no disrespect to the OP either. It's a noble attempt at instructing a unique sub branch of leg lockery, unfortunately that gentleman isn't qualified to do so Phone Post 3.0

Note how he sets up and finishes this. Mine is in the exact same manner. I'm not copying him, I figured that mostly on my own, I just heard about his setup (from people talking about the BJJ kumite) and immediately understood what was going on based off of my knowledge of the first sub. I then figured out the transition to situp guard finish (using his example), then noticed the opportunity to hit the technique in a new way during a later roll, thus spawning the third finish. So then I sat down and went through it a few times to figure out to do it the best way that I could. People liked it so much, I figured I'd release an instructional and the feedback has been very positive. I am not saying that I am better, because this dude is far beyond me than I am in skill and likely always will be, just highlighting that Sean used this technique to tap out some very elite grapplers in the same manner that I am showing, which means that I am just fine with how I demonstrated it. So before you go shitting all over how I show it, go tell this world class grappler how much he sucks while you're at it. And how unqualified he is.

4/8/13 12:10 AM
pitbullxyz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

russkisambist, can you give your tips on making the lock tighter?
4/8/13 12:24 AM
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was sweet! thanks for sharing.
4/8/13 12:24 AM
Fracture
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 12:35 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subd (pun intended) thanks mike. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 12:47 AM
mikerobmma

pitbullxyz - russkisambist, can you give your tips on making the lock tighter?
Yes. I would like to hear them as well now that I've settled down. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 2:03 AM
DaddyO4
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
4/8/13 2:37 AM
blushgirl412
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff

Thanks for posting

Wish someone could post some Twister/Wrestler's Guillotine instructionals...
4/8/13 3:04 AM
abi

sub Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 8:19 AM
russkisambist

OP, no disrespect was intended, honestly. I do realize tho ANY critique could be insulting. I do have 10 DVD set one of which covers leg locks. Someone uploaded it on YouTube. That calf crush is there. Also my YouTube channel is Vladislav Koulikov or russkisambist7. I'm gonna post that particular calf crush with important details tonight after I record the footage at the gym. Check the channel out there is some stuff there that's not your typical BJJ bread and butter Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 8:45 AM
mikerobmma

russkisambist - OP, no disrespect was intended, honestly. I do realize tho ANY critique could be insulting. I do have 10 DVD set one of which covers leg locks. Someone uploaded it on YouTube. That calf crush is there. Also my YouTube channel is Vladislav Koulikov or russkisambist7. I'm gonna post that particular calf crush with important details tonight after I record the footage at the gym. Check the channel out there is some stuff there that's not your typical BJJ bread and butter Phone Post 3.0
I don't mind critique, but yours was particularly scathing. Your not qualified comment was unnecessary.

My earlier comments about leg locks being risky was an offhand comment. They are my favorite techniques for a reason, which is because they work. I said risky because that's the way that BJJ people view them. To be honest, I hate knee reap rules and always find myself backtracking during rolls because I realize that I'm reaping the knee in the gi and my training partners might not like that.

I've been doing footlocks since I started training. I've attended seminars, paid for private classes with footlock experts and experimented on my own. I may not be some big sambo guy, but that doesn't mean I don't know anything about lower body attacks.

I look forward to your video. I want to know your opinion of my third attack, I think that is a very different setup. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 9:20 AM
ocdacc
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In - thanks Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 10:38 AM
russkisambist

OP. I did see your third set up. Very solid set up and one of my favorites as well. I learned it when I was 12. Sean Roberts may be a great grappler. I don't discount his skill. But triangling your legs that way is an absolute no no. May be people he tapped out with this technique are not very familiar with that move. Otherwise it's easily counterable. I swear I'm not riding a high horse here but rather stressing something due to MY OWN bad experience. Vid is coming Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 1:54 PM
nogidavid
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you put your feet into my belly while applying this i would no hands toehold you 

4/8/13 2:33 PM
russkisambist

nogidavid -

if you put your feet into my belly while applying this i would no hands toehold you 

I don't quite understand your post. Must be some kind of typo Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 2:48 PM
Breezah'sPowerBottom
792 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE calf slicers. I make my money on that first one you showed.

4/8/13 2:52 PM
russkisambist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBliRY1Yq3w&feature=player_detailpage sorry I am not a blue namer..... this is a highlight of my students and myself competing in sambo, sub grappling and bjj. the only reason I post the highlight is to show that my opinion worth something and I don't talk out of my ass.... you can see me at :37 seconds, 1:52, 2:16, 2:30, 2:37 and 2:57 marks

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.