UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Calf Slicer Variations

4/8/13 3:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nogidavid
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBliRY1Yq3w&feature=player_detailpage

for ruski

4/8/13 3:40 PM
nogidavid
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cuO9TP07bSI

that's what i would do if you leave the feet by my belly 

4/8/13 4:30 PM
ShakaFerreira
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOOFticket - In! Phone Post
. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 4:37 PM
russkisambist
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nogidavid -

Thank you for embedding. I see what you're talking about. Not gonna work in the calf crush predicament Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 4:40 PM
nogidavid

why not? 

4/8/13 4:47 PM
russkisambist
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nogidavid -

I'll refrain from final judgment until I try this technique out but it looks like there's insufficient control over the leg. No control of the hip or knee. Also, you called it no hands toe hold. From the looks of it both hands are used :) Tonight , after practice ill shoot that calf crush and address that possible toe hold as well. Once again thanks for sharing and embedding my highlight Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 4:54 PM
nogidavid

you're welcome, i look forward to critiquing your video :)

4/8/13 5:29 PM
mikerobmma
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I'm sure you're a fine grappler russki, some of your comments have just....

"I learned that when I was 12"

Really dude? You don't consider that a bit insulting? And just for accuracy's sake, do you actually remember learning that when you were 12? Or are you just throwing out an arbitrary low number?

And really, I'm not sweating the triangling the legs thing. Your method may be solid, but I doubt that triangling my legs is as risky as you say. And like I said in the video, if its considered a threat then don't triangle your legs. Or as Sean Roberts said, use your free leg to kick their attack off, then finish the slicer.

Either way, thanks for your input. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 5:44 PM
russkisambist

Mike, yes I was 12. I fail to see an insult here. I started when I was 8. I do see I came across prickish in my first post and I sincerely apologize. I will put more effort into structuring my responses from this moment forth. However my last response was factual. Any offense you take is due strictly to your perception Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 7:19 PM
nogidavid

i'm interested to see his version 

4/8/13 7:32 PM
nogidavid

is that you in the video from grapplers quest on youtube? vlad koulikov?

4/8/13 8:29 PM
mikerobmma
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nogidavid -

i'm interested to see his version 

I am too. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 8:41 PM
DanteHec
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
4/8/13 8:56 PM
Mango Reinhardt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/8/13 9:08 PM
Attack Dawg
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great vid, thanks

4/8/13 9:16 PM
Nitecrawler
1532 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Very nice bro!

TTT!
4/8/13 9:16 PM
mikerobmma

Thanks for watching everyone! Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 10:20 PM
russkisambist

nogidavid -

is that you in the video from grapplers quest on youtube? vlad koulikov?

Yes. It's me. Not my best match Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 10:36 PM
shoudawhouda
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
4/8/13 10:47 PM
JoelN
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3T 4l8r Phone Post
4/8/13 10:56 PM
redwhiteandblues
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

up
4/8/13 10:57 PM
russkisambist

There ya go http://youtu.be/gG6O0oYEvEw Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 7:45 AM
nogidavid

thanks for the vid. how are you generating enough pressure with your heels to stop him merely moving his bum away from you and straightening his leg?

4/9/13 7:55 AM
russkisambist

nogidavid -

thanks for the vid. how are you generating enough pressure with your heels to stop him merely moving his bum away from you and straightening his leg?

David, pressure of two legs combined squeezing in and the wedged arm pulling upward stops him from straightening the leg. Also the fact that your feet are crossed stops your opponent from no hands toe holding you in the manner that you demonstrated. Also, in regards to toehold, the position is different. Yours was done from half guard when attacker is kneeling. While you kneel you can generate substantial amount of force by driving hips forward. Once you sit on your but its different, you know what I mean? Plus if you nevermind your bad position and still try to toehold you're gonna experience difficulties pealing his flexes ankles apart while a sub is being done to you. I hope I did answer your question. When in New York or New Jersey stop by to train :) Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 7:56 AM
russkisambist

nogidavid -

Sorry keep forgetting to say things. Just give move a try and you see what I mean for yourself Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.