UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Does the UFC retain Latifi?

4/6/13 5:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After the guy took a fight on 3 days notice and cut 26 pounds and went the distance with Gegard, does the UFC retain him?
4/6/13 5:08 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see him get another shot. Obviously not against a top 10 opponent
4/6/13 5:08 PM
I LOVE GSP
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they should. at least for one more fight.
4/6/13 5:09 PM
AlbertEinstein

Does he pass his piss test?
4/6/13 5:12 PM
Chris27

Absolutely, not because he is a great fighter but because he stepped up and took the fight.

So he will get one more fight on a prelim and if he loses he probably gets cut.

4/6/13 5:17 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - Absolutely, not because he is a great fighter but because he stepped up and took the fight.

That's my thinking. I mean he didnt do anything to wow anybody other than step up and bail the UFC out of a jam, which should count just as much if not more than a win.

I am not trolling, I only asked because the UFC said it was cutting so many guys this year and this guy wasn't exactly an acquisition that the UFC wanted to make.
4/6/13 5:25 PM
Chris27

TheOne - 
Chris27 - Absolutely, not because he is a great fighter but because he stepped up and took the fight.

That's my thinking. I mean he didnt do anything to wow anybody other than step up and bail the UFC out of a jam, which should count just as much if not more than a win.

I am not trolling, I only asked because the UFC said it was cutting so many guys this year and this guy wasn't exactly an acquisition that the UFC wanted to make.

They do want to trim the roster but it would be a dick move to cut a guy who bailed you out of a jam. He is atleast owed a real debut with a full training camp vs an opponent on his level.

Probably throw him on a prelim on the next UK card in the fall.

IF they arent going back to the UK anytime soon you put him on a Facebook.

Maybe vs Diabate?
4/6/13 5:28 PM
TheOne

Chris27 - 
TheOne - 

They do want to trim the roster but it would be a dick move to cut a guy who bailed you out of a jam. He is atleast owed a real debut with a full training camp vs an opponent on his level.

Maybe vs Diabate?

I hope they go that route.

Any idea what he got paid to main event this card? Maybe a "bailing us out" bonus?
4/6/13 5:34 PM
Chris27

TheOne - 
Chris27 - 
TheOne - 

Maybe vs Diabate?

Any idea what he got paid to main event this card? Maybe a "bailing us out" bonus?

Guys arent paid based on their position on the card.

He was probably given a standard starting contract, 6/6, 8/8.

Could get a post fight bonus for helping them out but contracts arent based on card placement.
4/6/13 5:43 PM
WOOFticket
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE GSP - they should. at least for one more fight.
Thus Phone Post
4/6/13 5:44 PM
TheOne

Chris27 - 
TheOne - 
Chris27 - 
TheOne - 

Maybe vs Diabate?

Guys arent paid based on their position on the card.

He was probably given a standard starting contract, 6/6, 8/8.

Could get a post fight bonus for helping them out but contracts arent based on card placement.

I was also surprised he came out with a Tapout shirt on, was he previously sponsored or did Tapout (or the UFC) hook that up real quick?
4/6/13 5:50 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 5:51 PM
ChaosOverkill
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana just said yes they definitely will

4/6/13 5:53 PM
stabmasterarson
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE GSP - they should. at least for one more fight.

agreed
4/6/13 5:55 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He'll get another chance Phone Post
4/6/13 5:58 PM
MT11

He fucking better. 3 days notice to fight a killer like Mousasi. Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 6:06 PM
dudefromisrael
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One more fight at least. Two if he doesn't totally fail the first one. Phone Post
4/6/13 6:13 PM
PocketSized
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh yeah, at least one more fight! No question.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.