UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Conor McGregor: Gonna tell welfare to f@$% off

4/6/13 10:22 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1070 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In the opening moments of the UFC on FUEL 9 post-fight press conference, it was announced that the $60,000 Knockout of the Night performance bonus went to Irish Featherweight Conor McGregor, following his KO of Marcus Brimage in just 67 seconds.

And what does McGregor want to do with the money?

"I'm just happy I won $60K," said McGregor. "I'm just thinking on what I'm going to spend it on. I'll buy myself a car any way. A nice car, may be some suits or something. Custom made suits, I don't know.

"Just last week I was collecting the social welfare, you know what I mean? I was in there saying to them like, 'I don't know what going to happen. I'm signed to the UFC. I don't know what....blah, blah, blah.'

"But now I supposed I'm gonna have to tell them to f--- off!"

"I didn't have money before this... I was collecting 188 Euro ($245) a week off the social welfare. And now here I am, with like 60gs bonus and then my own pay. I don't know what the f---s going on to be honest, right?"

(5:20 mark)

4/6/13 10:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ShanTheMan
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is cool
4/6/13 10:27 PM
torubu
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So he won 60k and he's going to spend it all on a car and custom suits? I wouldn't tell welfare to fuck off yet then.

But congrats goes out to him on the W. Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 10:28 PM
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder how many HBO Boxing fighters are still on welfare? Phone Post
4/6/13 10:36 PM
Maldini2706
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, some of you fuckers really don't understand humour!
4/6/13 10:39 PM
Haulport
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I fear for Conor's post fight career financial stability...
4/6/13 10:40 PM
bob hir
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

some of us fuckers pay a fortune in taxes (though in this case he's from another country so it doesn't matter to me)
4/6/13 10:46 PM
brahmabull81
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maldini2706 - Man, some of you fuckers really don't understand humour!

**awaits 2-3 pages of criticism on fighter financial awareness by people who've never fought before AND cant understand humor.

I bet you guys think Nick Diaz is going to prison (Wesley Snipes style) for tax evasion too?
4/6/13 10:49 PM
SeanSheehanBA

PrettyBoy -  I wonder how many HBO Boxing fighters are still on welfare? Phone Post

This was his first fight in the UFC remember.
4/6/13 10:54 PM
steve sandstrom
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brahmabull81 -
Maldini2706 - Man, some of you fuckers really don't understand humour!

**awaits 2-3 pages of criticism on fighter financial awareness by people who've never fought before AND cant understand humor.

I bet you guys think Nick Diaz is going to prison (Wesley Snipes style) for tax evasion too?
Thank you for the common sense Phone Post 3.0
4/6/13 11:00 PM
Drunkenirishfc
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This man is a fucking legend Phone Post
4/6/13 11:05 PM
Kinkle

That is why poor people are poor, that is why many athletes go broke after they are done playing, that is why lottery winners end up broke.
4/6/13 11:33 PM
Sid22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNXTKVxOmfk
4/6/13 11:44 PM
Phisher

What are the odds that this dude ever pays his taxes during his UFC run?

4/6/13 11:57 PM
Enemies

Or you know, don't tell them to fuck off but tell them thanks for supporting your ass.

He's probably going to be back on welfare within a year with his attitude.
4/6/13 11:58 PM
inf0
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the way he fights there is a shit load more coming.... shit loads

4/6/13 11:59 PM
inf0
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enemies - Or you know, don't tell them to fuck off but tell them thanks for supporting your ass.

lol did you see his fight? I'm guessing not.. this kid has a future.. much brighter than yours if I had to guess.. must be where all that bitterness is coming from.

4/7/13 12:10 AM
inf0

JuicedBeast - 
Maldini2706 - Man, some of you fuckers really don't understand humour!
This. Plus, the guy just won the biggest fight of his career and more money than he's ever had. Let him have some fun! Phone Post

jealous idiots is all.. unfortunately

4/7/13 12:11 AM
Drunkenirishfc
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 -
JuicedBeast - 
Maldini2706 - Man, some of you fuckers really don't understand humour!
This. Plus, the guy just won the biggest fight of his career and more money than he's ever had. Let him have some fun! Phone Post

jealous idiots is all.. unfortunately

. Phone Post
4/7/13 12:39 AM
Splash Log

Enemies - Or you know, don't tell them to fuck off but tell them thanks for supporting your ass.

4/7/13 1:30 AM
NewbGingrich

James J Braddock after being on welfare "They paid me. I returned it; let them give it to someone else because they were good enough to give it to me"

Conor Mcgregor after being on welfare "I suppose I'm going to have to tell them to f*** off!"

I hate my generation. Phone Post
4/7/13 1:57 AM
Bwatermyfren
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a performance I couldn't be happier for Conor!!
I hope he goes all the way!! Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 2:15 AM
someonestolemysocks
325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Welfare in Ireland is $245 a week?!? Those moochers are living like kings compared to here isn't it something like $75 a week here?
4/7/13 2:22 AM
jimbonice

Jesus Christ, cut the kid some slack. He just won a fight, biggest night of his life, on international TV, responding to reporters. Wtf, I'd he supposed to say? That I'm going to invest it in mortgage backed securities? Phone Post
4/7/13 3:17 AM
Broady
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

someonestolemysocks - Welfare in Ireland is $245 a week?!? Those moochers are living like kings compared to here isn't it something like $75 a week here?
Was gonna say, that's a good income for doing fuck all. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.