UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Need advice on a new GI

4/8/13 7:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dojo stormer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

are you training at a GB gym?

if not, then don't spend the cash. get another gi.

the gb gis in the past have been dogshit. the new ones they have now which are made by storm are supposedly much better.

i'll pass judgement until i see them. i've been burnt in the past with buying the shit gb gis and i just patch up a cheap plain gi with the patches i have spare.

i got past having fancy gis. it doesnt help you roll better and people put too much emphasis on the cut and how it feels. you're getting the shit choked out of you, the feel of the fabric is the least of your worries.
4/8/13 7:46 AM
TKOhYeah
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub'd... I have been looking for a light Gi to replace my 3kg Tatami Gi, which makes weighing in slightly shittier. Will research a few of these.
4/8/13 8:04 AM
SC MMA MD
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

behzad - Im seeing a lot of Gameness gear lately, wonder how they are. Phone Post 3.0
I wear Gameness Gi's; they are well made and last well. I rotate between two of their pearl gi's, and the tops are still in good condition after two years of being washed after every use. I am on my second pair of pants for each, but they sell replacement pants on their website Phone Post
4/8/13 3:30 PM
Porkchop

dojo stormer - are you training at a GB gym?

if not, then don't spend the cash. get another gi.

the gb gis in the past have been dogshit. the new ones they have now which are made by storm are supposedly much better.

i'll pass judgement until i see them. i've been burnt in the past with buying the shit gb gis and i just patch up a cheap plain gi with the patches i have spare.

i got past having fancy gis. it doesnt help you roll better and people put too much emphasis on the cut and how it feels. you're getting the shit choked out of you, the feel of the fabric is the least of your worries.

Interesting. I didn't know gameness gi's were made by storm. That graciejj gi I posted earlier is made by storm too. It's got too many gracie patches on it though. I would feel like a graciejj billboard.

So far the redstar is looking like it might be what I go with.
4/8/13 4:52 PM
behzad

The gracie patches make ur game better bro.

Each patch brings you up a belt. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 5:06 PM
MTH
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've got two Koral MKMs, one white and one blue. 

I'm not into all the flash so I yanked most of the patches off of them.  You can see the Koral logo at the bottom of my lapels, but other than that they're mostly plain.

I alternate each class, but combined they have about a year of training in them.  I wash them warm/cold after each class, and hang dry.  Every few washings I add OxyClean to the detergent.

Both the tops and the bottoms remain in perfect shape.  No signs of wearing out, fraying, stiches coming loose, etc.  I have no idea when I'm going to need to replace them, but it's going to be awhile.

4/8/13 5:11 PM
I welch on SN bets

There are so many good GI companies these days. It's a tough choice.
4/8/13 5:13 PM
Ceelo
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I picked up a Competidor Mad Flow, just came in today will let you know how they are

4/8/13 7:54 PM
dojo stormer

No the Gracie barra gi are made by storm. Gameness is gameness
4/11/13 8:04 AM
behzad

SC MMA MD -
behzad - Im seeing a lot of Gameness gear lately, wonder how they are. Phone Post 3.0
I wear Gameness Gi's; they are well made and last well. I rotate between two of their pearl gi's, and the tops are still in good condition after two years of being washed after every use. I am on my second pair of pants for each, but they sell replacement pants on their website Phone Post
I have a gameness feather gi coming in for the summer.

Looks pretty sweet. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.