UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pearson broke foot warming up

4/7/13 2:15 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1056 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

At Saturday's UFC on Fuel TV 9, Ross Pearson fought  a back and forth batle with Ryan Couture before finishing the Strikeforce lightweight in the second round. What made the fight more impressive for Pearson, was that he apparently broke his foot while warming up for the bout:

"I think I broke my foot in the back warming up," he said after the fight. "The very first kick I threw hit the pad and then hit coach Eric Del Fierro's elbow, and I was like, 'Oh, what kind of night is this going to be?'"

Despite the bum foot, it actually turned out to be a pretty productive night for the British fighter, who's now posted back-to-back knockout wins since his return to the lightweight division after a stint at featherweight.

A late scratch from Pearson could have gutted an event that saw the loss of would-be headliner Alexander Gustafsson earlier in the week. UFC officials soldiered on with a Gegard Mousasi vs. Ilir Latifi headliner, but Pearson, who has a big following in Europe, would have further diminished the card's remaining star power.

read entire article...

Update: Today Pearson revealed on Twitter that he indeed did not break his foot, but would be getting an MRI to look for any tendon/ligament damage:

"Docs said not broken! Crazy night. Still swollen but bruising coming out now! Going back for another CT scan this week."

read official Twitter...

4/7/13 2:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mr Winter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel his pain, nothing worse than catching the pad holders elbow. Good job he did it on the night and not a day or two before.
4/7/13 3:21 PM
3rdLion
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I think a broke me foot"
4/7/13 3:24 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warrior Phone Post
4/7/13 3:25 PM
clattymine
407 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion - "I think a broke me foot"

Me boots won't fit!
4/7/13 3:26 PM
Carl Sonnen

Always a fan of Ross. Tough bastard.
4/7/13 3:45 PM
justAgrappler
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carl Sonnen - Always a fan of Ross. Tough bastard.
This. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 4:12 PM
Mica Kizbig
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justAgrappler - 
Carl Sonnen - Always a fan of Ross. Tough bastard.
This. Phone Post 3.0

This x 2

That being said, its weird that he has dropped weight classes but looks less lean than he did at the higher weight. My GF even mentioned how puffy he looked.
4/7/13 4:12 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And he still managed to knock out his opponent. Great job by Pearson.

That's the worst pain I ever felt in muay thai. I'd rather get punched hard in the nose. lol He's one tough SOB.

4/7/13 4:15 PM
tom_hkr
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He tweeted that its not broken Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 4:27 PM
3rdLion
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He tweeted it's not broken. Looks pretty bad though...

4/7/13 4:54 PM
CindyO

^^^ Good Lord. Does he not own a pair of clippers?

Cindy

4/7/13 5:13 PM
KZTT_W85
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big fan, seems like a good dude. Was great on tuf, I wish him continued success. Phone Post
4/7/13 5:53 PM
kano350chevy
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He definitely didn't look 100% when he got in the cage Phone Post
4/7/13 9:13 PM
Yussarian
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZTT_W85 -  Big fan, seems like a good dude. Was great on tuf, I wish him continued success. Phone Post

Same here. Considering his injury he still looked impressive. He is a no BS kind of guy and an entertaining fighter. My favourite British fighter (along with Hardy) for sure.
4/7/13 10:04 PM
RoccCity
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

clattymine -
3rdLion - "I think a broke me foot"

Me boots won't fit!
This is great. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 11:21 PM
theken206
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 

^^^ Good Lord. Does he not own a pair of clippers?

Cindy

hahahaha!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.