UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Best way to add inches to my neck?

4/7/13 9:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LakerGirl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are some good neck exercises? Trying to add an inch or 2 to the old head holder. What do you guys recommend? Phone Post
4/8/13 2:37 AM
Leigh
842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
4/8/13 7:10 AM
LakerGirl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh - Phone Post
I understand I wasn't specific enough. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 7:55 AM
TartanArmy
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh - Phone Post
This birds still got a thicker neck than me... Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 12:13 PM
Taku
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LG,

Neck training is easy to do and most folks get a good response from it because they have never trained the neck regularly.

Here are a couple of articles from my blog about neck training. The first article shows a very simple method using a stability ball. The second article offers more options. 

NECK 1.

NECK 2.

Finally I feel everyone will benefit from strengthening the neck. If you are a combat athlete or play any high impact sport, then neck training is a must.

TAKU

4/9/13 11:35 AM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
4/9/13 12:35 PM
BshMstr
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

here's what i did when i started training in BJJ....

i had a lot of neck issues at first, due to my neck being weak. i just started doing neck circles (5-10 each direction), "no's" (lie on your back and turn you head side to side slowly, as if you were saying "no" until you start to feel a burn), kneeling "yes's" (kneel on your hands and knees, and slowly bring your head to your chest all the way back, as if you were doing an exaggerated "yes" motion until you get a burn), and then finish off with a few more neck circles...

this won't add 2 inches to your neck, but i added close to an inch, and eliminated a lot of pain and increased the mobility as well... it takes less than 5 minutes, and i just did this before i trained when i was warming up.

i also tried the regular wrestling bridge type exercises, but i found that i was too heavy for those, and it caused more strain on my neck....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.